The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Paper 3 Unified Physics 3rd June 2019 Predictions

I know it's early and paper 2 hasn't even happened yet, but I figured its never too early to start working out which topics didn't make an appearance in paper 1.
Lifecyle of stars etc...

Scroll to see replies

Much of electricity has not been tested over the first 2 papers so I think there’s a good chance there will be a whole question on it in paper 3
Thats what I'm fearing, I hate module 4 electricity.
Original post by Zaki1039
Much of electricity has not been tested over the first 2 papers so I think there’s a good chance there will be a whole question on it in paper 3
Circular motion would be v welcome to make it's first appearance this year. Thing we'd all appreciate a practical question to be on that
Original post by sachinihimara
Circular motion would be v welcome to make it's first appearance this year. Thing we'd all appreciate a practical question to be on that

The whirling bung practical is very easy. I'd love if that came up as a 6-marker.
Maybe S.H.M and circular motion.
(edited 4 years ago)
Induced emf and magnetic flux linkage experiment
Exactlly what I was referring to, though ocr would obvious put some spin on it just because.
If I whirl a bung higher than the escape velocity of earth, and that bung was a missile, do you think I could blow up TRAPPIST?
Original post by heyheyheyman
The whirling bung practical is very easy. I'd love if that came up as a 6-marker.
didnt that come up last year?
Original post by Glycerate
Induced emf and magnetic flux linkage experiment
Original post by Zaki1039
didnt that come up last year?

It did. It was question 5. So I really doubt it'll come up again.
Reply 10
Maybe power and wave interference stuff (young's double slit)?
In what way is this paper different form the last two? What’s the best way I can revise for it?
Reply 12
(Original post by PhysicsIlove)
In what way is this paper different form the last two? What’s the best way I can revise for it?

This paper is only an hour and a half, doesn't have a multiple choice section, and can cover any of the 6 modules.
Also, I think the questions are structured differently too. They are more difficult than the other two papers.
As for best way, I don't think there is one. I suppose exam questions/past papers, and going through topics.
Anyone know how to solve this?
I don't get the mark scheme at all....
Can’t do some of the practices on this paper really stressing me out. 2017 terminal resistor 6 marker had no idea. Best place to learn all the practices that could come up?
Hey this is what I thinks coming up that wasn’t on the 4A9C69E7-1CD8-49E8-9374-A5068B3105AF.jpegExploring side of the course
Also got a modelling list of stuff that wasn’t really on paper this year 5095C55D-8ADE-4280-86C0-B493EC94854C.jpeg
Reply 17
Cool! Thanks for that, they all sound about right.
Q = It did come up - it was in the LED and photoelectric question
Original post by KBarnes33
Hey this is what I thinks coming up that wasn’t on the 4A9C69E7-1CD8-49E8-9374-A5068B3105AF.jpegExploring side of the course
Thanks, it does say on the paper what not really been on Exploring. Was a set of handy hints done by the class teachers, so could use and study over half term
Original post by SomeRandomKerbal
Q = It did come up - it was in the LED and photoelectric question

Quick Reply