The Student Room Group

GCSE's 2019 Cheating

.Udejeu
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

there's a possibility you might i this is proven that you cheated as cheating many times can lead to disqualification if proven
Original post by Syncsble
I was doing my English Lit Exam. My phone was in my pocket the whole time without them noticing. Near the end of the exam, I asked the invigilator for a blank paper to pretend I'm writing some notes. Therefore, I went to the toilet with that blank paper without them noticing and used it to write in answers with my phone.

I came back to the room and then wrote everything that I copied. Once the exam was finished, they found that blank paper with the notes. They realised that my answer were exactly the same from internet.

However, I have said that I studied and revised that answer/website before.

No proof of:
- Me having a phone on me
- Me taking that blank paper to the toilet

The school now reported AQA Exam Board, do you believe that I will still get disqualified?
yeah so your ok....it all comes down to whether they are able to prove if you have cheated in any form or way whether it was physical using the phone in exam or the the black paper being in your answer sheet and you answers matching up with ones on the internet...it all comes down to their investigation
But they don't have evidence of me having my phone and blank paper inside the toilets. They (Original post by blue2019)
dont worry too much...wht's done is done you cant really change it anymore...just focus on revision for your other exams ad try not to cheat for them....just hope they don't catch you out for cheating
Well yeah they caught that it matched up with the ones in the internet. But as I said no evidence of phone and me taking the paper out the room.

I said that I revised that question before and also the answer of the question lol.

Just worried they will disqualify me and all the rest of my exams.. :frown:
Wow pretty clever (tho I'm not promoting this, its cheating and unfair). I doubt they can prove that in this case. But imagine they find this thread and find out it's you? (Should have asked anonymously).
You probably will get disqualified because you asked for blank paper which they aren’t even supposed to or allowed to give you - you went to the toilet and somehow came back with notes which were identical to the internet. It sounds like a very big sticky one tbh.

But you did what you do don’t think about it anymore and just move on. You can say you didn’t cheat but it just seems iffy
Reply 6
I have no idea why you have decided to reveal your malpractice here. Anyway, if they can't find proof, you shouldn't be disqualified. That being said, don't be too shocked if you do.
(edited 4 years ago)
Once they gave me the blank paper, I was writing some random things just to show that I did write stuff in the room.

Then I left the room without them noticing me taking it and added more notes to it.

When I came back they didn’t see me with it as well.

So how did they approach you and accuse you of cheating ?
But they don't have evidence of me having my phone and blank paper inside the toilets. They (Original post by blue2019)

Well they do now that you have posted here and probably already gotten here so you will be punished. Cheating disgusts me why do it in the first place knowing the consequences, seriously do hope AQA disqualify people like you. I’ll make sure AQA see this thread too, removing it won’t help - there are things called logs so good luck in the future when you will be resitting in 2 years after your suspension has been lifted.
(edited 4 years ago)
Because they realised what I wrote on that blank paper came from the internet.
But they don’t have any evidence that I used my phone and blank paper in the toilet.

I just said that I revised that topic from the internet and managed to remember some by heart lol.

What after you had it marked??? I’m so confused. They didn’t catch you on the day?
Original post by BrandonS15
Well they do now that you have posted here and probably already gotten here so you will be punished. Cheating disgusts me why do it in the first place knowing the consequences, seriously do hope AQA disqualify people like you. I’ll make sure AQA see this thread too, removing it won’t help - there are things called logs so good luck in the future when you will be resitting in 2 years after your suspension has been lifted.

You first of all need to get a life lmao. They’ve posted here and asked for advice. Normal course of action when you don’t like something is to not click on it however you’ve clicked on it.... weirdo. “I’ll make sure AQA see this thread too” hundreds of thousands of people sit that very exam kiddo AqA WiLl SeE tHiS tHrEaD. Go for a walk lmao
Original post by gelle
You first of all need to get a life lmao. They’ve posted here and asked for advice. Normal course of action when you don’t like something is to not click on it however you’ve clicked on it.... weirdo. “I’ll make sure AQA see this thread too” hundreds of thousands of people sit that very exam kiddo AqA WiLl SeE tHiS tHrEaD. Go for a walk lmao

So your supporting exam malpratice here, I think you need to rethink your ideology clearly you haven’t experienced what hard work is for exams. I stand by my point, if you don’t have it to work hard then accept defeat and take your lower grades, why cheat? Its just pure arrogance and regarding AQA seeing this, theres something called emailing links... They do take exam malpratice seriously so don’t try the cover up game, it doesn’t work.
W8 a minute, how are you allowed to go toilet during exams.
So your supporting exam malpratice here, I think you need to rethink your ideology clearly you haven’t experienced what hard work is for exams. I stand by my point, if you don’t have it to work hard then accept defeat and take your lower grades, why cheat? Its just pure arrogance and regarding AQA seeing this, theres something called emailing links... They do take exam malpratice seriously so don’t try the cover up game, it doesn’t work.

I’m not supporting cheating. I’m offering advice and not being a pretentious patroniser and not talking on things that have already been done and are in the past so literally hold no weight and is useless.

Ive definetly experienced hard work lol considering my a level grades but thanks for your opinion.

But I’ve also experienced asking for advice and being talked down on instead of receiving that advice.

“There’s something called emailing links” there’s something called moving on with your life and letting others deal with the consequences of their own, if anyone is arrogant it’s you thinking that you reign tough and mighty to be casting judgment on people.

seek peace in your life, just because your hard work didn’t pay off doesn’t mean you have to take it out on a stranger lol... the projection ... it reeks
Reply 14
It really doesn't seem that they would have anyway to prove it, so you should be fine
Reply 15
Couple hours after the exam, the school caught that paper. Now they are reporting to the Exam Board. But all they have to show is that blank paper and the same answer from the internet. But that blank paper I asked in class, they didn’t see me going out with it. They don’t have any evidence of that and having my phone on me.

(Original post by gelle)
What after you had it marked??? I’m so confused. They didn’t catch you on the day?
but the answers are same from the internet. on a blank paper. was it additional paper given by invigilators.
if it is additional paper given by invigilators then your fine if it was your own paper then nope....its gonna be hard escape then cause that is called cheating
u can't bring any material like paper that can assist you in the exam which was no provided by invigilator
Couple hours after the exam, the school caught that paper. Now they are reporting to the Exam Board. But all they have to show is that blank paper and the same answer from the internet. But that blank paper I asked in class, they didn’t see me going out with it. They don’t have any evidence of that and having my phone on me.

(Original post by gelle)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 17
Correct, that blank paper was given to me by the invigilator.
Original post by blue2019
but the answers are same from the internet. on a blank paper. was it additional paper given by invigilators.
if it is additional paper given by invigilators then your fine if it was your own paper then nope....its gonna be hard escape then cause that is called cheating
u can't bring any material like paper that can assist you in the exam which was no provided by invigilator
then its hard to say you were cheating because you might actually have a real good memory and quickly jotted down things you can remember from internet...doesn't mean you cheated...it might be hard buh you have a chance to get a way with it...
i mean if the stuff written there is word to word copy then don't bout tht

Correct, that blank paper was given to me by the invigilator.

are you being serious?! how ratty could yer!there asking for advice as they know its wrong but some people really want to get good grades but physically cant because they dont have the ability, or have problems with concentration and the school cant help them with it because they only get diagnosed with the issues in year 11 like me so stfu people have their own situations, i think its ratty that your judging someone for this!!!

Quick Reply

Latest