The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Missed my accommodation offer what do I do now???

I 100% know it’s my fault for not checking my email but due to exam season I haven’t even got the chase to go through my email.

Basically my firm choice emailed me my first choice accommodation offer, however for some strange reason it was in my spam/junk section (I normally don’t look at my junk/spam emails).

As a result they have withdrawn my offer.

I’ve tried to email them and call them but they keep saying they are going to send the message to the university accommodation office

I’m really scared as I won’t have a place to live in my first year

What do I do now ????
Original post by Anonymous
I 100% know it’s my fault for not checking my email but due to exam season I haven’t even got the chase to go through my email.

Basically my firm choice emailed me my first choice accommodation offer, however for some strange reason it was in my spam/junk section (I normally don’t look at my junk/spam emails).

I’ve tried to email them and call them but they keep saying they are going to send the message to the university accommodation office

What do I do now ????

Chill and stop worrying.
Which uni is it?

Just ring accommodation direct, explain what happened and see if there are still places left. You havent said how long its been since they sent the email.

Depending on the uni they could have an accommodation guarantee or they may just release accommodation in tranches.
In the event you dont get into uni owned accommodation then you will just have to go private.
Chase them up on Tuesday, see what happens and post back if there are issues. Unis have different policies. You may not get your first choice.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Depends the uni - not everyone will meet their offer you still have till results day to see.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Chill and stop worrying.
Which uni is it?

Just ring accommodation direct, explain what happened and see if there are still places left. You havent said how long its been since they sent the email.

Depending on the uni they could have an accommodation guarantee or they may just release accommodation in tranches.
In the event you dont get into uni owned accommodation then you will just have to go private.
Chase them up on Tuesday, see what happens and post back if there are issues. Unis have different policies. You may not get your first choice.

Royal Holloway
They sent me the email of my accommodation offer on the 9th of May , explaining to me that I have to respond to the offer by 19th May otherwise I’m withdrawn from my offer
Royal Holloway
They sent me the email of my accommodation offer on the 9th of May , explaining to me that I have to respond to the offer by 19th May otherwise I’m withdrawn from my offer

You will have to ring again and see what they can do.
I assume you are sitting your exams, but its your own fault if you havent followed or read their instructions.
They specifically tell you when to check your spam box plus also check online as a safeguard. This is your responsibility.

If they cant sort you out you can ask to still be considered and they can put you back in the system but you may not get your first choice. You will need your £300 deposit.

HOW WILL I HEAR ABOUT MY OFFER?

If your application is successful, you’ll receive an email from us.

Make sure you check your email daily during this time. In addition we recommend that you regularly check the online accommodation system as well in case the offer email is blocked as spam.

EXPIRED OFFERS
You will receive an email to let you know once an offer has been made and you will be given 10 calendar days to either accept or decline this offer.

If you don’t respond to the offer online by the deadline your offer will expire. So make sure you check your email daily during this time. It’s also worth logging into the Online Accommodation System on a regular basis just in case the offer email goes into your junk folder.

WHEN CAN I EXPECT AN OFFER?

We allocate in two rounds to applicants that apply within the application window. If you submit your accommodation application between20 March and 30April, you will receive an accommodation offer between6and 17May. If you submit your accommodation application between 1May and 5June, you will receive an accommodation offer between 1and 12July.

JUST CALL THEM AND KEEP PUSHING. It is you who have made the error, so youd better hope they are able to sort you out. I think they will.
Did you get your accommodation? I am having the same problem! Could pls help me? What do I do?? I am extremely scared!

What do I do now ????

Hi there,

My name is El. I would suggest getting in touch with the Universities housing agency as they may be able to help with finding you a shared house accommodation that they have landlords with- for example, Coventry has Futurelets and they own student housing which I have used for the past two years rather than being in accommodation.

I would also look at other housing agencies to see if they have anything to offer in case your Universities doesn't own any housing or has none to offer on short notice.
Depending on your finances/income too, you may be able to afford a small flat or getting a room in some house. You will just have to google for these and explore around, you may live further out or not as close to the Uni as you liked but that's usually why these can be cheap. Especially just renting a room.

I hope this helps, good luck!

El
Moved to Royal Holloway section.

Latest

Trending

Trending