The Student Room Group

Qinetiq Graduate Scheme 2019

Hi all,

I just wanted to see if anyone else on here has applied for a grad scheme at Qinetiq? I'm doing Physics BSc and have applied for the 'Applied Science' scheme. I got invited to do an online personality test, which I passed and am waiting on the video interview being sent to me. I was told that it would be sent within a fortnight, and has now been 13 days. I will probably email back if I don't receive it tomorrow.

Anyone else applied for Qinetiq? What roles and what stage is your application at?

Cheers
Reply 1
Hi,

I’m yet to apply but am looking at Aerospace or the Modelling / Simulation scheme (Aero graduate). Good luck, let me know how things go / have gone 👍🏼
Reply 2
Original post by AVB
Hi,

I’m yet to apply but am looking at Aerospace or the Modelling / Simulation scheme (Aero graduate). Good luck, let me know how things go / have gone 👍🏼

Nice one mate, sounds interesting. I received the video interview after about 3 weeks and just completed it last night. It wasn't bad to be honest, only 3 questions that weren't too tough.
Have any of youse got a reply after the video interview? I'm still waiting, it's been a month now...
Reply 4
Original post by Walt_kovacs
Nice one mate, sounds interesting. I received the video interview after about 3 weeks and just completed it last night. It wasn't bad to be honest, only 3 questions that weren't too tough.

Glad you found it alright 👍🏼 Were the questions technical based or more geared towards personality / experience? Obviously I don’t expect you to tell me what the actual questions were but an idea of what to prepare for would be helpful 😋 Got my application for Aerospace off last weekend 🤞🏼
Reply 5
Original post by famfastic
Have any of youse got a reply after the video interview? I'm still waiting, it's been a month now...

Nope, still waiting...
Reply 6
Original post by AVB
Glad you found it alright 👍🏼 Were the questions technical based or more geared towards personality / experience? Obviously I don’t expect you to tell me what the actual questions were but an idea of what to prepare for would be helpful 😋 Got my application for Aerospace off last weekend 🤞🏼

My impression was that it's the same three questions that everyone gets asked, regardless of specific grad scheme, if that's any help... and a fourth one where you get a chance to ask any questions of your own.
Reply 7
Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has heard anything yet?
I have. Didn't get in. Same BS as always, "due to security reasons..." meaning cause I have a second nationalty apart from British, I can't work there. Same as MBDA, same as BAE, same as Raytheon... Good luck to you guys though!
Reply 9
Original post by famfastic
I have. Didn't get in. Same BS as always, "due to security reasons..." meaning cause I have a second nationalty apart from British, I can't work there. Same as MBDA, same as BAE, same as Raytheon... Good luck to you guys though!

Really? That is BS man. What's your second nationality if you don't mind saying? I was thinking about getting dual nationality for Ireland through my grandparents (an Irish passport would be handy after brexit). Never thought it would be a problem for something like this though.
Reply 10
Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has heard anything yet?

I haven’t heard ANYTHING since submitting my application 😐

Did anyone else apply close to the deadline and heard back?
Really? That is BS man. What's your second nationality if you don't mind saying? I was thinking about getting dual nationality for Ireland through my grandparents (an Irish passport would be handy after brexit). Never thought it would be a problem for something like this though.

It is BS, especially that I know of people WITH dual nationalities working in the defence sector, without any problems... My second nationality is Polish, I was born there and became a resident here when I was 12, 12 years ago. BUT i keep getting the same reply from any defence sector company, "We cannot offer you a role due to security...".
Original post by AVB
I haven’t heard ANYTHING since submitting my application 😐

Did anyone else apply close to the deadline and heard back?

I applied before the deadline, I did the video interview on 15th December, and haven't heard anything since (they said assessment days would be some time in January). I emailed the person who invited me to the video interview but the email bounced back saying it wasn't a valid email... I also sent an enquiry through their "contact us" section on the website... No response yet.
Reply 13
Anybody heard anything since submitting the video interview?
Nope, still not heard anything since before Christmas... But on their website my application still says "Considering". I've kind of given up though, they said assessment centres would be in January and they haven't responded to my enquiry last month so unless they're just reaally disorganised I'm not expecting much.
Reply 15
Nope, still not heard anything since before Christmas... But on their website my application still says "Considering". I've kind of given up though, they said assessment centres would be in January and they haven't responded to my enquiry last month so unless they're just reaally disorganised I'm not expecting much.

Thanks for replying, I'm feeling the same way! They do open up the application for these schemes so early, there is so much time between applying and actually going through the recruitment process.
So has anyone received their assessment centre invitation yet?
No invitation, but sometime in the last 4-5 weeks they have changed my application status on the website from "Considering" to "Unsuccessful".
Original post by lookbook123
So has anyone received their assessment centre invitation yet?
Ah I just signed in to their website again, and the status has changed.
I applied to 2 of them; Aerospace and Physics Modelling.
The Aerospace Eng's status is "closed".
The Physics Modelling's status is "Not selected".

I understand "not selected" means my application has been rejected. However, what about "closed"., does it mean the same? If so, why there are 2 forms of rejection...
No invitation, but sometime in the last 4-5 weeks they have changed my application status on the website from "Considering" to "Unsuccessful".
Original post by lookbook123
Ah I just signed in to their website again, and the status has changed.
I applied to 2 of them; Aerospace and Physics Modelling.
The Aerospace Eng's status is "closed".
The Physics Modelling's status is "Not selected".

I understand "not selected" means my application has been rejected. However, what about "closed"., does it mean the same? If so, why there are 2 forms of rejection...

If you haven't been contacted I'd say that means you were unsuccessful this time. Closed status could just mean the system is not accepting any more applications for that vacancy but I wouldn't read too much into it. These types of portals are rarely setup to give accurate info or an update once the successful candidates are taken forward to the next stage. The messages just depend on how the hiring staff use it- common for vacancies to be left marked as open long after they get filled. Another weird one I've seen is "on hold" which is meant to mean the position was not filled and you were not rejected but the company is not looking to fill.

Quick Reply

Latest