The Student Room Group

MSc Biomedical Sicence or MSc Podiatry Pre-registration

Guys I have a BSc of biomedical science and I am confuzed I got an offer from Coventry for MSc Biomedical Science and MSc Pre registration 2 years from University of Brighton?I need an advice please in terms of demand,salary and future career???
(edited 4 years ago)
They're two separate courses. The podiatry course is vocational, whereas the biomedical science isn't. It depends entirely on what you want to do career wise.
Reply 2
Original post by jamiejay
They're two separate courses. The podiatry course is vocational, whereas the biomedical science isn't. It depends entirely on what you want to do career wise.

which one is more beneficial than other in terms of salary and future.
It depends what you want to do as a career. I could say podiatry, and you could hate every living second of your job.
Podiatry is vocational, so you're more likely to be employed, but only under that title.
Biomedical science isn't, but it leaves you with more options if you're unsure what to do at the moment career wise.
What jobs are you thinking?
Reply 4
It depends what you want to do as a career. I could say podiatry, and you could hate every living second of your job.
Podiatry is vocational, so you're more likely to be employed, but only under that title.
Biomedical science isn't, but it leaves you with more options if you're unsure what to do at the moment career wise.
What jobs are you thinking?

I find Biomedical Science has more options while podiatry has flexible hours
What about the salary?
Podiatry is HCPC registered, so I guess you'll start at NHS band 5.
Biomedical science is academic, so depends on what job you want after, although actually becoming a biomedical scientist would probably be really slim with this route.
Reply 6
Podiatry is HCPC registered, so I guess you'll start at NHS band 5.
Biomedical science is academic, so depends on what job you want after, although actually becoming a biomedical scientist would probably be really slim with this route.

when i look research for a job biomedical scientist is really demanded job.However the podiatrist is not that big please correct me if i am wrong.Do you know why almost all Podiatry courses are HCPC registered while Biomedical Science is not all HCPC registered example Cvoentry,Nottingham Trent and Keele.
The Podiatry course is HCPC registered because on it you'll meet the requirements to register with the HCPC, through placements and other things. Which means you'll have a high chance of working in the NHS.
The biomedical science course isn't registered because it isn't a vocational degree to work as a biomedical scientist, it's a broad degree. The equivalent would be a Healthcare Science (Life sciences) degree, which is a Biomedical Scientist degree with HCPC registration, meaning you're set to work in the NHS once you graduate. However, as you've said you already have a degree. So if you don't mind which job you want to do, I would recommend the Podiatry course, due to the HCPC registration.
Reply 8
the registration is not a problem as you can complete training portfolio.

Biomedical Science is a big field compared to Podiatry.
However,Podiatry is a new field that makes me curious to study it
this confuses me
The Podiatry course is HCPC registered because on it you'll meet the requirements to register with the HCPC, through placements and other things. Which means you'll have a high chance of working in the NHS.
The biomedical science course isn't registered because it isn't a vocational degree to work as a biomedical scientist, it's a broad degree. The equivalent would be a Healthcare Science (Life sciences) degree, which is a Biomedical Scientist degree with HCPC registration, meaning you're set to work in the NHS once you graduate. However, as you've said you already have a degree. So if you don't mind which job you want to do, I would recommend the Podiatry course, due to the HCPC registration.
Ok, good luck with the "training portfolio" :u:
Biomedical Scientist, Podiatry, same thing I guess.
Reply 11
Original post by RegisteredBMS
Biomedical Scientist, Podiatry, same thing I guess.

you mean what by the same thing?
biomedical science is talking about the biology of the body the test of each organ and how well it works and to diagnose the disease.

podiatry is specific to the feet and nothing else
Reply 12
Ok, good luck with the "training portfolio" :u:

i am registered as biomedical scientist but not in uk i am just curious to do podiatry
Reply 13
Original post by Best Am
i am registered as biomedical scientist but not in uk i am just curious to do podiatry

So you like feet?

Quick Reply

Latest