The Student Room Group

English Language AQA A-level paper 2

The English language AQA A-level paper 2 exam coming up soon! If anyone has any last minute tips or help for the exam it would be appreciated :smile: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/as-and-a-level/english-language-7701-7702/subject-content-a-level/language-diversity-and-change

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What are the main topics/theories you need to know?
image.jpgimage.jpg
My teacher is a head examiner for Aqa this year and he gave us a booklet with all the theories for language change since there’s always going to be a language change question my class focused on that the whole year. I made a poster a that condensed the main ones. If you can’t read my writing I’m so sorry
(edited 4 years ago)
Any ideas of what might come up?
Reply 4
Did he give any predictions on the topics for Q1 and Q2.
Or the Q3 and 4?
Original post by Issagoal28
image.jpgimage.jpg
My teacher is a head examiner for Aqa this yeah and he gave us a booklet with all the theories or language change since there’s always going to be a language change question my class focused on that the whole year. I made a poster a that condensed the main ones. If you can’t read my writing I’m so sorry
He said that he thinks accents and dialects will come up but he said it could either be that question 1 is on accents and dialects or the texts for question 3 will be on an issue regarding accents and dialects such as slang
Original post by MNOMAAN1
Did he give any predictions on the topics for Q1 and Q2.
Or the Q3 and 4?
Reply 6
My teacher also said he thinks accents and dialects will come up at some point - probably more likely for Q3/4. Your notes were really helpful with the theorists so thank you!!!
He said that he thinks accents and dialects will come up but he said it could either be that question 1 is on accents and dialects or the texts for question 3 will be on an issue regarding accents and dialects such as slang
Original post by autiee
My teacher also said he thinks accents and dialects will come up at some point - probably more likely for Q3/4. Your notes were really helpful with the theorists so thank you!!!

I hope it’s 3 and 4 and you’re welcome 😊
For question 1 & 2 is anyone risking it and only revising language change since one question is definitely on language change?
Reply 9
What do you mean by just language change?
Original post by MNOMAAN1
What do you mean by just language change?

On the specification it says that one of questions 1 or 2 will definitely be on language change. For question 3 it’s not essential to include theories and for question 4 it’s not essential either. My teacher basically said you could just revise language change and have limited knowledge on the rest of the topics and still get a good grade
Reply 11
I was thinking about just doing language change and not focusing that much on diversity. I'm not sure what kind of questions they can ask for language change or is it always around the lines of Language standardisation or global language? Because I did see somewhere that a question could come up about any kind of change such as regional dialects changing? for example, RP being less superior ?
For question 1 & 2 is anyone risking it and only revising language change since one question is definitely on language change?
omg you are a life saver
image.jpgimage.jpg
My teacher is a head examiner for Aqa this year and he gave us a booklet with all the theories for language change since there’s always going to be a language change question my class focused on that the whole year. I made a poster a that condensed the main ones. If you can’t read my writing I’m so sorry
Does anyone have good notes on language and ethnicity. Sitting this exam externally so don’t have much revision materials
Hi does anyone know how to structure the questions and get into the higher band levels?
image.jpgimage.jpg

Is there always going to be a Lang change one? There doesnt have to be

How do u talk about slang in relation to accents and dialects
Does anyone have any notes or information on the history of standardisation?
My teacher has also said accent and dialects is highly likely!

Anyone feel gender would come up? that was basically our coursework though....
Does anyone have any advice on how to write q2 and the opinion article?
e.g what to include, how to lay it out??
Thank you!!
Does anyone know how many theories would be a good amount to use in Q1? Or how many paragraphs/ideas to have?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending