The Student Room Group

Fainting

Hi so I've fainted 3 times + today was the 3rd time + I'm really scared. It's been the 3rd year in a row where I've fainted with the gaps between them getting smaller so I'm scared it will happen again. One time I fainted bc my mum fainted + today I fainted cos my parents were having a big argument + my mum was being sick. I'm scared cos it sounds like such a stupid reason + I don't want it to happen again because say something happens at school to someone or something, i don't want to feel scared I'll faint/faint in front everyone + the feeling of it is awful + I'm just terrified. Pls help.
I know this will sound like some stupid question but anways how does it feel like when u faint and wake up after?
@Amnz_02 do you mean as in what does it feel like to faint?
yehhh
Original post by tugceerten
@Amnz_02 do you mean as in what does it feel like to faint?
@Amnz_02 so basically you can't see properly + you feel really sick + then you get really dizzy until you drop
ohh oakii xx i hope u feel better now just try to take some rest and drink lots of water
@Amnz_02 so basically you can't see properly + you feel really sick + then you get really dizzy until you drop
@Amnz_02 thanksss <3
no probss xx
@Amnz_02 thanksss <3
Do you exercise regularly?

Your fainting is likely caused by either low blood pressure or low blood glucose. Do you eat at maintenance? Do you get enough protein?
@Lord_Pharoah I'm worried that it is bc of getting scared like I saw my parents have a big argument. Every time something has happened which could potentially scare me, ++ idk cos worse stuff have happened + I've fainted. Now that I've fainted after seeing someone throw up I'm worried itll happen again. It really scares me.
I think I get enough protein + I basically want a way to completely prevent this cos I'm scared.
@Lord_Pharoah I'm worried that it is bc of getting scared like I saw my parents have a big argument. Every time something has happened which could potentially scare me, ++ idk cos worse stuff have happened + I've fainted. Now that I've fainted after seeing someone throw up I'm worried itll happen again. It really scares me.
I think I get enough protein + I basically want a way to completely prevent this cos I'm scared.

You don’t faint just from being scared - there’s a physical cause which is lack of oxygen to the brain. The only way to completely prevent this is to ensure you have a healthy circulation - this means not being overweight, exercising regularly, etc.

You might want to go the doctor if this is a regular occurrence, as there may be something wrong with your circulation in general.
@Lord_Pharoah okay I've fainted 3 times + it has been once a year this year +the last two years with the gap decreasing between them which is why I'm scared. Before I ever fainted, when I was in primary school,I was terrified that it may one day happen + kept imagining it then I forgot about it eventually + then now it has started again :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest