The Student Room Group

Stressing about not doing well in exams.

Title. My first A-level exam is just over a week away and I'm starting to feel stressed and scared about not doing well.
I do bio chem and maths. I think Chem and Maths I'll be able to manage and get the grades I need but I feel i'm just getting worse and worse at bio.
I know the theory pretty well but the mark schemes are just so specific and the application type questions don't sit well with me. If anyone can give any advice on how to answer application bio questions, I'd very much appreciate it.
(Bio exam board is AQA btw)
bump
Original post by Mayonnaise2001
Title. My first A-level exam is just over a week away and I'm starting to feel stressed and scared about not doing well.
I do bio chem and maths. I think Chem and Maths I'll be able to manage and get the grades I need but I feel i'm just getting worse and worse at bio.
I know the theory pretty well but the mark schemes are just so specific and the application type questions don't sit well with me. If anyone can give any advice on how to answer application bio questions, I'd very much appreciate it.
(Bio exam board is AQA btw)

you get used to application questions by doing lots of practice questions and learning from the mark scheme. Also try the blurting technique.
Blurting as in writing down everything you know? Sounds good
Original post by MaherphD
you get used to application questions by doing lots of practice questions and learning from the mark scheme. Also try the blurting technique.
Original post by Mayonnaise2001
Blurting as in writing down everything you know? Sounds good

Yeah, but do it on topics you struggle the most.

Quick Reply

Latest