The Student Room Group

Cover Page irregularity

Hi,

I’m worried about my cover page and how I presented it. I had an extra page aligned which altered the page numbering in the corner of the page. Without the page, the numbering would have been correct. Will it affect my mark at all?
Sorry, I meant contents page and not cover page.
Original post by Student 2019
Hi,

I’m worried about my cover page and how I presented it. I had an extra page aligned which altered the page numbering in the corner of the page. Without the page, the numbering would have been correct. Will it affect my mark at all?
Hi,

So are the page numbers listed in your contents page correct or incorrect?

If they are incorrect, you may lose a few marks for layout/readability/presentation, but it will depend on your university's dissertation marking criteria.
There is a blank page inserted between the cover page and contents page, which makes the numbering inaccurate. I’m really worried about it! 😟 Otherwise it would have been numbered correctly.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
So are the page numbers listed in your contents page correct or incorrect?

If they are incorrect, you may lose a few marks for layout/readability/presentation, but it will depend on your university's dissertation marking criteria.
The contents page was optional, however.
There is a blank page inserted between the cover page and contents page, which makes the numbering inaccurate. I’m really worried about it! 😟 Otherwise it would have been numbered correctly.

Check your dissertation marking criteria, or if you don't have a copy, ask your supervisor. How much weight a contents page's accuracy carries will depend on your specific university's regulations.
The contents page was optional, so if there are marks deducted, will it be a few marks overall?
The contents page was optional, however.

Original post by PhoenixFortune
Check your dissertation marking criteria, or if you don't have a copy, ask your supervisor. How much weight a contents page's accuracy carries will depend on your specific university's regulations.
The contents page was optional, so if there are marks deducted, will it be a few marks overall?

No one on TSR can tell you that, only your supervisor and university marking criteria can advise you on that.
Ok, thanks for your reply PhoenixFortune, I will have to wait and see. 😧

Quick Reply

Latest