The Student Room Group

Half Term Break Revision Timetable

What are people’s revision timetable and schedule for this half term, especially if you’re aiming for top grades (8/9s)

I feel quite burnt out by now and I’m planning on doing a fair amount of revision every day but I dont want to max out.

I know style of revision varies from person to person but I just want to get an idea of how other people are coping.
What year you in?
What's a time table?
If you’re an actual machine. You can do 1 chapter per day and answer its questions. When you’re done with your chapters, try revising them on shorter periods i.e. if you finished all the chapters for 1 subject in 14 days, try to do them in 9/10 days.

If you’re human, half term break is meant to take a pause from your studies. Because it’s basic once you go for long-term study aka semester or term. Your mind needs rest. If you kept studying without a break or mind clear. You’ll most likely reach to a point when you will keep reading the same thing over and over tho it’s easy but you won’t understand it. It’s know as Mind Block.
Revision-Timetable-1.jpg
Original post by jamesbarry17
Revision-Timetable-1.jpg

How did you get a hold of my timetable? 🧐
I managed to get 4 hours done today :biggrin:
OP ..I work with TO-DO Lists, for example, today's was:
Maths-graphs/difficult topics
C6 Flashcards/go over c4
Go over B4 Flashcards
Geography Flashcards- paper 2
Eng lang- P1 Q5/Ambitious vocab

Also...I don't time my revision..I just make sure I get everything done! Good luck ...as long as you revise effectively you can get the grades you want!:smile:
I never revised for GCSEs, only really reading the book the morning of the exam whilst waiting with my friends. Never used a revision timetable also.

Ya'll wasting your time, go and play football in the park or something.
Original post by MilkshakeMalties
I never revised for GCSEs, only really reading the book the morning of the exam whilst waiting with my friends. Never used a revision timetable also.

Ya'll wasting your time, go and play football in the park or something.

Some people want to get the best grades they can; if that worked for you then it's fine, but don't expect others to be like you.
Original post by whyamialive
Some people want to get the best grades they can; if that worked for you then it's fine, but don't expect others to be like you.

Exactly!
do take time to rest up, i've literally spent the last two days sleeping lol
a little everyday is good, there aren't many more exams left so you could spread things out nicely over the coming weeks.
just remember every exam is just a couple hours closer to summer!
Original post by mez_merising
do take time to rest up, i've literally spent the last two days sleeping lol
a little everyday is good, there aren't many more exams left so you could spread things out nicely over the coming weeks.
just remember every exam is just a couple hours closer to summer!

Same...Last 2 days have been blessed.
Today Im chilling start again tomorrow focusing on the subjects I find hardest first then easiest as the week unfolds
Going to be doing around 7 ours on weekdays. I did 5 not very efficient hours today, was so tired. So tomorrow I’m going to only do around 5 hours again, but I should be more rested so I’ll try and get a lot done. 8 days now until I’m back in hell.

I have to go through the entire of history (160 pages left), and geography paper 2, and business studies, and biology and get good at English language writing!
The rest I can do the day before the exams or on the weekend between the exams.

If I didn’t take history, I would probably do 5 hours a day tops.

Quick Reply

Latest