The Student Room Group

believing in god

i don’t believe in islam but i believe in the god. does that make sense? so can i still be a muslim?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump?
If you don't follow Islam you're not a Muslim, but you can still believe in God.
Reply 3
Original post by TheNamesBond.
If you don't follow Islam you're not a Muslim, but you can still believe in God.

i mean i believe it’s real but not the teachings? if that makes sense
Original post by Anonymous
i mean i believe it’s real but not the teachings? if that makes sense

Yes I understand what you're saying.

As I said, you can still believe in God, you just aren't a Muslim
Reply 5
Yes I understand what you're saying.

As I said, you can still believe in God, you just aren't a Muslim

why not?
why not?

You just said you don't believe in their teachings, what other conclusion can I arrive at?
Is this because you have something against certain things you have found in the Quran?
Reply 8
You just said you don't believe in their teachings, what other conclusion can I arrive at?

only some of them though. but the peaceful ones i like. a lot of them i don’t agree with but some i do.
why not?

Well to be a Muslim, it's more than just believing there is a God. There's the 5 pillars of Islam you have to follow. You have to recite the shahadah declaring your faith is Islam and you have to read the Quran. The title Muslim merely means nothing. To be a Muslim, you have to pray 5x a day, read the Quran often, pay charity, follow with Ramadan and visit the mosque. But then you're claiming that assumption, don't forget that Christian's and Jews also believe in God (so are you Muslim or are you Christian or are you a Jew. Not being rude or anything 🤷*♂️😂)

Hope that makes sense :smile:
only some of them though. but the peaceful ones i like. a lot of them i don’t agree with but some i do.

Well then you don't agree with some of the words of God.

The God of Islam, so I doubt very much you could cast yourself as a Muslim.

But seeing what I've seen nowadays you could probably be gay and still think you're a Muslim.
Well to be a Muslim, it's more than just believing there is a God. There's the 5 pillars of Islam you have to follow. You have to recite the shahadah declaring your faith is Islam and you have to read the Quran. The title Muslim merely means nothing. To be a Muslim, you have to pray 5x a day, read the Quran often, pay charity, follow with Ramadan and visit the mosque. But then you're claiming that assumption, don't forget that Christian's and Jews also believe in God (so are you Muslim or are you Christian or are you a Jew. Not being rude or anything 🤷*♂️😂)

I can follow all of them but i don’t agree with most of the teachings. Is that ok?
No one's really stopping you tbh - there's no list of names of Muslims they keep where they cross one off if the person doesnt make the cut. What I'm saying is no one's going to stop you from calling yourself Muslim.
Do YOU think you’re a Muslim m?
Well then you don't agree with some of the words of God.

The God of Islam, so I doubt very much you could cast yourself as a Muslim.

But seeing what I've seen nowadays you could probably be gay and still think you're a Muslim.

so i have to agree with everything and follow everything to be a muslim?

enjoy the accidental rep.
Original post by angelike1
No one's really stopping you tbh - there's no list of names of Muslims they keep where they cross one off if the person doesnt make the cut. What I'm saying is no one's going to stop you from calling yourself Muslim.

I’ve stopped praying but i want to be a good muslim now. But i’m just wondering if there’s even a point of being a muslim and doing muslim stuff if i don’t agree with a lot of the teachings? am i going hell anyway
Original post by Illusination
Do YOU think you’re a Muslim m?

nah
so i have to agree with everything and follow everything to be a muslim?

I would think so.
Original post by angelike1

Yeah tbh nowadays loads of people say they're Muslim but it really doesnt mean much now. There are those who smoke, like to flirt with girls and commit sex outside marriage and even think they're Muslim when they're gay.....
I’ve stopped praying but i want to be a good muslim now. But i’m just wondering if there’s even a point of being a muslim and doing muslim stuff if i don’t agree with a lot of the teachings? am i going hell anyway

nah

You can’t pick and choose religion then. If you don’t think you’re a Muslim then you’re not. It’s as simple as that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending