The Student Room Group

Iran Slams U.S. After Middle East Troop Buildup Is Announced

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/iran-slams-us-after-middle-east-troop-buildup-is-announced/ar-AABTVSl?li=BBoPWjQ

The United States will be sending 900 newly deployed soldiers into the Middle East as tensions between both countries escalate.

'If Iran were to accelerate work on nuclear weapons, defense officials envision sending as many as 120,000 soldiers to the Middle East.'

President Trump has however made it clear he does not want to go to war with Iran.

The latest escalation of tensions has been due to the US accusing Iran of attacking 4 oil tankers in the Gulf Of Oman.

Scroll to see replies

A wise man once said:

Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate. - Donald Trump

Remember that I predicted a long time ago that President Obama will attack Iran because of his inability to negotiate properly-not skilled! - Donald Trump

Don't let Obama play the Iran card in order to start a war in order to get elected--be careful Republicans! - Donald Trump

I hear there is an election coming up in the USA.
Iran is one of those nations that likes to twist and pull the tiger's tail yet will cry if it gets bitten.
Original post by Tempest II
Iran is one of those nations that likes to twist and pull the tiger's tail yet will cry if it gets bitten.

That is basically the USA
As much as I hate Iran, I hate US global hegemony more. When the US chooses to invade, I hope it is costly for them militarily.
Original post by Zamestaneh
As much as I hate Iran, I hate US global hegemony more. When the US chooses to invade, I hope it is costly for them militarily.

What about them not going to war? It’s not like War is inevitable.
Reply 6
Again US provoking conflicts. Obama secured peace but the Caucasians just love provocation not peace with Iran.
Reply 7

That's the USA. They hate peace. Currently it's Venezuela and Iran they're prodding. Brcause having peace like we have during Obamas reign isn't good enough. Have to poke for a retaliation. Failed with NK he met his match did **** Trumper.

Iran comply they're bad, they don't they've bad. No win situation.
The US mobilised 700,000 US troops (and 300,000 coalition troops) just to liberate tiny Kuwait from Iraq in 1991. 900 or 120,000 (or even 500,000) soldiers makes no difference, neither come close to the manpower needed for a serious military operation in Iran. (No coalition forces would be involved in any war with Iran.)

Not to mention the logistics of invading a country 4x the size of Iraq (and with a far more challenging mountainous terrain). In 1980 the US tried to militarily rescue US hostages in Tehran using 8 military helicopters and a transport aircraft. The operation failed miserably due to a sandstorm and the US withdrew, losing 6 helicopters, the transport aircraft and 8 US soldiers died. [A 2002 $250m US military simulation of a US invasion of Iran ended with the sinking of the entire US carrier fleet in the Persian Gulf, with 20,000+ US soldiers killed in the first day. The simulation was stopped and the general in charge of Iran in the simulation was instructed that he couldn't do what he did. The simulation was thus restarted to ensure a US victory.]

The ICJ recently declared that US sanctions against Iran impede humanitarian trade with Iran (of basic medicine and food), and ordered the US to lift sanctions to rectify this. The US rejected this and instead expanded their illegal extraterritorial sanctions against Iran.

Iran has fully complied with the JCPOA/Iran nuclear deal, the US has violated its obligations under the deal by reimposing sanctions despite the IAEA certifying Iran's compliance on numerous successive occasions (we're in double digits now). Now the US sends more soldiers to the Persian Gulf region and threatens Iran with war!

Regardless, this is something pushed by deep state elements within the US, the military-industrial complex (Trump basically admitted this a few days ago in an interview) and Israel and Saudi Arabia, who want US to fight Iran down to the last American. Trump doesn't want war and the Pentagon knows that any war with Iran cannot be won. Iran has been preparing for this for decades.

The US spent $6 trillion to wage war in Iraq and Afghanistan, and what did they achieve? The creation of ISIS, the creation of the PMU and the shift of Iraq into Iran's sphere of influence, and the Taliban again control most of Afghanistan and the US is desperate to negotiate with them to exit Afghanistan after 17 years.

If the US decided to launch an illegal war against Iran this would be the end of the US.
(edited 4 years ago)

Yes, look how close Iran put its country to all the US bases in the Persian Gulf region, it's like they're asking for war!
Original post by Palmyra
Yes, look how close Iran put its country to all the US bases in the Persian Gulf region, it's like they're asking for war!

**** the US&A
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
A wise man once said:

Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate. - Donald Trump

Remember that I predicted a long time ago that President Obama will attack Iran because of his inability to negotiate properly-not skilled! - Donald Trump

Don't let Obama play the Iran card in order to start a war in order to get elected--be careful Republicans! - Donald Trump

I hear there is an election coming up in the USA.

There really is a Trump tweet (or rather, several) for everything!

I see your Trump war hypocrisy, and I raise you Trump's bluffing being exposed: last year Trump tweeted a warning to Iran to NEVER THREATEN THE US, or it will be the end of Iran. Guess what he tweeted a week ago? Essentially the same thing ("If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran. Never threaten the United States again!").

Looking at those two tweets in combination with his 'fire and fury' threats to NK, I'm starting to think he's all bark and no action. Might have something to do with his 'art of the deal' strategy...
Original post by Palmyra
There really is a Trump tweet (or rather, several) for everything!

I see your Trump war hypocrisy, and I raise you Trump's bluffing being exposed: last year Trump tweeted a warning to Iran to NEVER THREATEN THE US, or it will be the end of Iran. Guess what he tweeted a week ago? Essentially the same thing ("If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran. Never threaten the United States again!").

Looking at those two tweets in combination with his 'fire and fury' threats to NK, I'm starting to think he's all bark and no action. Might have something to do with his 'art of the deal' strategy...

Trump is doing the Israel's bidding.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by as-sad-ist
Trump is doing the Israel's bidding. Filthy Zionists

Saudis too. US sold 8Billion dollars worth of arms to them.

Insane
Original post by SMEGGGY

Insane

America takes orders from Israel and Saudi Arabia takes orders From America. The real axis of evil!
Original post by SMEGGGY

Insane

$8 billion of military exports to Saudi Arabia was just the amount that Trump authorised a few days ago.

Congress has voted to cease US military assistance to the Saudi invasion of - and war on - Yemen due to the horrific humanitarian consequences (the Saudis have created the largest humanitarian crisis in the world in Yemen) and war crimes the Saudis have committed (they recently bombed a schoolbus, killing 40 children under the age of 15).

As a result, Congress sought to prevent the export of this $8 billion worth of weapons that are designed to be used in the Saudis' war effort in Yemen. Thus, Trump bypassed Congress by invoking a national emergency (with Iran) to push through the $8 billion tranche of military exports to KSA.

The real figure for US military exports to Saudi Arabia is $350 billion over 10 years.

In fact, Saudi Arabia (with a population of 30 million) has the third largest military spending budget in the world, with 10% of their GDP going to military expenditure (compared to approx. 3% for Iran). President Trump has previously said that the Saudi autocrats wouldn't last "a week" without US protection. The US sees the Saudis as a cow to be milked.

Thus, the reality is that the terrorist Saudi regime's rulers are looting the wealth of their population to pay protection money to the US to keep them in power.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Palmyra
$8 billion of military exports to Saudi Arabia was just the amount that Trump authorised a few days ago.

Congress has voted to cease US military assistance to the Saudi invasion of - and war on - Yemen due to the horrific humanitarian consequences (the Saudis have created the largest humanitarian crisis in the world in Yemen) and war crimes the Saudis have committed (they recently bombed a schoolbus, killing 40 children under the age of 15).

As a result, Congress sought to prevent the export of this $8 billion worth of weapons that are designed to be used in the Saudis' war effort in Yemen. Thus, Trump bypassed Congress by invoking a national emergency (with Iran) to push through the $8 billion tranche of military exports to KSA.

The real figure for US military exports to Saudi Arabia is >$100 billion.

In fact, Saudi Arabia (with a population of 20 million) has the third largest military spending budget in the world, with 9-10% of their GDP going to military expenditure. President Trump has previously said that the Saudi autocrats wouldn't last "a week" without US protection.

The reality is that the terrorist Saudi regime's rulers are looting the wealth of their population to pay protection money to the US to keep them in power.

spot on
I hate the cynical posturing by both sides. Its like in school when you have two kids who are constantly chatting ****... someone says 'go on the, fight it out' and they both just become pussys and say 'nah, nah, we don't need to fight.. its ok' - then they go back to saying **** about each other.

I mean, I am glad that neither would ever actually start a war - I just wish they would stop talking so much nonsense as well. But as other people have pointed out many times before, it is very much in both of their interests to keep the other one as their 'enemy' even if neither side will actually ever fight their enemy.

The poster above is spot on about the saudis.
Reply 18

Except they havent really done anything? This is all the US this time around.
Original post by fallen_acorns

I mean, I am glad that neither would ever actually start a war - I just wish they would stop talking so much nonsense as well. But as other people have pointed out many times before, it is very much in both of their interests to keep the other one as their 'enemy' even if neither side will actually ever fight their enemy.

I wouldnt be so sure on that. Trump is an idiot and Bolton is a war mongering sociopath, the difference between this flare up and others being that people are no longer holding the president back but dragging him in the direction of war. And despite Trumps quaint tweets be rest assured if he did go to war with Iran it would make their loss in Iraq look like a mild summers day.
Original post by Zamestaneh

You have a lot of hate.

The US wont invade, why should it? Wouldnt make any sense.

If for whatever reason there was conflict then the US would rely on airpower and refuse to send in ground troops. That would be unfortunate for the citizens of Iran as it would mean large scale destruction of infrastructure.

I hope no such conflict happens, but you knock yourself out with the hating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending