The Student Room Group

How to deal with casual relationships when you fancy someone else?

I keep getting into casual relationships but they end up messing me up because they fall in love with me and then get jealous when the girl I’m interested in messages me. I always give them access to my phone because as far as I’m concerned we are in it for just a bit of fun and I have no reason to hide anything but they always get jealous and send pictures of themselves to the girl I’m speaking to.

Like me and the girl I fancy are just talking and not exclusive to each other, but it’s making me lose both as she thinks I’m not interested and I don’t understand why it can’t just work. It seems girls can talk to multiple guys but when a guy does it he’s sleazy. But when I comment on a girl doing it she just says that we aren’t anything serious so it’s not a problem.

Do I hide my phone from them, but then when my crush messages me she’s going to suspect why I’m not messaging back. I’ve tried being open but they just stare at my phone and joke about why I don’t say those things about them which always turns out to be real.

Then if I just commit to one girl I’m interested in she ends up just not liking me in the end anyway and I could of been having some fun in the meantime.

Scroll to see replies

Maybe cuz you can’t make time for both? Things will most likely screw up. Unless you made time for each. Tho it isn’t a good idea. I’d rather stick to one of them. If it didn’t go well, then you can give it more trials. That’s how it works. Sure if any girl is taking you serious and she saw you talking to other or sorta, she’d be turned off.
Reply 2
Original post by keptinside
Maybe cuz you can’t make time for both? Things will most likely screw up. Unless you made time for each. Tho it isn’t a good idea. I’d rather stick to one of them. If it didn’t go well, then you can give it more trials. That’s how it works. Sure if any girl is taking you serious and she saw you talking to other or sorta, she’d be turned off.

It isn’t that I don’t have time, it’s just that they interact with me simultaneously. I’ve literally just had a girl storm out because I was flirting with my crush and she went through my phone and read my messages. She’s literally got picked up by a **** buddy of hers, double standards much.
Original post by Anonymous
I keep getting into casual relationships but they end up messing me up because they fall in love with me and then get jealous when the girl I’m interested in messages me. I always give them access to my phone because as far as I’m concerned we are in it for just a bit of fun and I have no reason to hide anything but they always get jealous and send pictures of themselves to the girl I’m speaking to.

Like me and the girl I fancy are just talking and not exclusive to each other, but it’s making me lose both as she thinks I’m not interested and I don’t understand why it can’t just work. It seems girls can talk to multiple guys but when a guy does it he’s sleazy. But when I comment on a girl doing it she just says that we aren’t anything serious so it’s not a problem.

Do I hide my phone from them, but then when my crush messages me she’s going to suspect why I’m not messaging back. I’ve tried being open but they just stare at my phone and joke about why I don’t say those things about them which always turns out to be real.

Then if I just commit to one girl I’m interested in she ends up just not liking me in the end anyway and I could of been having some fun in the meantime.

According to me, ykno being female n all you should probably talk to one of the girls and maje it CLEAR to the other ones that your interested in that one and want to be with her. I mean yh they'll get jealous cuz they think they're the one... yo need to make your intentions a tad bit more obvious
Lol, don’t bother with what others are doing. I mean if you can see them doing something wrong, doesn’t mean you have to do it too. Pretty sure things will get better and easier if you only tried to run thinggs with only one girl.
Heh you stalking me boo 🤔😂😂😂
Lol, don’t bother with what others are doing. I mean if you can see them doing something wrong, doesn’t mean you have to do it too. Pretty sure things will get better and easier if you only tried to run thinggs with only one girl.
Original post by Skittleskitty

I’ve posted first. I can see you’re the one stalking me 👀🤭
Oh your right.... how awkward hahaha 😳😳😂😂
I’ve posted first. I can see you’re the one stalking me 👀🤭
Oh your right.... how awkward hahaha 😳😳😂😂

Issa okay. Gotta do them ninja moves so I won’t notice you next time

Will do hahaha xx

i ship
It is a mystery. You're sleeping around while simultaneously trying to get with another girl and she doesn't think you're committed?

Women, man. Who can understand their minds.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
It is a mystery. You're sleeping around while simultaneously trying to get with another girl and she doesn't think you're committed?

Women, man. Who can understand their minds.

The girl I fancy sleeps around as well but I don’t say anything about it.
Actually ask out the girl you fancy and drop the casuals. You don't have the luxury of being able to assemble a harem.
i rate you bro. talking to 2 at the same time.
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
i ship

Me tooo :colone: hahaha xxx but why am I the only one who comes up with terms of endearment :colonhash:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Me tooo :colone: hahaha xxx but why am I the only one who comes up with terms of endearment :colonhash:

Spoiler

Det countttt fur sur
Girls aren't going to stick around if they think they're your second choice.
I knewww it 😳😂😂😂
Det countttt fur sur
I knewww it 😳😂😂😂

*letting them eyebrows dance*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending