The Student Room Group

Raf prtc & brtc

Hi,

Just curious to who else is on my PRTC dates and BRTC dates.

PRTC- July 10th
BRTC-September 11th

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by RedImp98
Hi,

Just curious to who else is on my PRTC dates and BRTC dates.

PRTC- July 10th
BRTC-September 11th

Thanks.

Hi Mate, also on this BRTC but got my PRTC on 26th June
Reply 2
Good to know mate, what trade you going for?
Original post by BDB99
Reply 3
Good to know mate, what trade you going for?

Going for Weapons Technician, what about yourself?
i know many factors influence this but do you mind me asking how long both your application process wait time has been ? i am about to apply but need to factor in rent term (6 or 12 month contract)
Reply 5
I was originally applying for that trade but changed my mind last minutes looks really good tho, going for Avionics Aircraft Technician now!
Original post by BDB99
Going for Weapons Technician, what about yourself?
Reply 6
Hi, I firstly applied as a weapons systems operator going through the non-commission officer/officer application process but unfortunately didn’t reach the marks in the CBAT at the OASC at Cranwell. However, after that I decided to apply for airman and after I passed my AST my application process went quite fast. From the time I passed my AST for my trade I had passed my Fitness test and received my training dates within 2 months.
Original post by Aspartameee
i know many factors influence this but do you mind me asking how long both your application process wait time has been ? i am about to apply but need to factor in rent term (6 or 12 month contract)
Reply 7
I was originally applying for that trade but changed my mind last minutes looks really good tho, going for Avionics Aircraft Technician now!

Ah not too bad, definitely seems one of the more interesting ones in my view! Ah what made you decide to change last minute then? I was originally going for WSOp but unfortunately failed at OASC so changed to Weapons Tech there and then.
Reply 8
Original post by Aspartameee

I applied for WSOp back last September, so from me applying to the start of training it will have been around a year. The whole process for me went quite quickly until a 4 month wait for OASC where I unfortunately didn’t pass, however I passed my fitness test and did the Airman test at Cranwell and got my training dates around a month after.
Reply 9
Same again mate, I want to work with Aircraft really and with weapons technician your not guaranteed to be associated with aircraft all the time as you can be posted within an RAF Regiment squadron, that’s one of the main factors really mate.
Original post by BDB99
Ah not too bad, definitely seems one of the more interesting ones in my view! Ah what made you decide to change last minute then? I was originally going for WSOp but unfortunately failed at OASC so changed to Weapons Tech there and then.
Reply 10
Same again mate, I want to work with Aircraft really and with weapons technician your not guaranteed to be associated with aircraft all the time as you can be posted within an RAF Regiment squadron, that’s one of the main factors really mate.

Yeah I know what you mean, there's most likely a slimmer chance of you getting put on the Aircraft as Weapon Tech as mostly everyone in that role is likely wanting to do it, for me that doesn't really factor my decision, I'm planning on going for WSOp in the future further down the line and wanted to get myself in the RAF and gaining life experience, as that is what ultimately let me down at OASC.
Reply 11
yeah I understand, fair play mate
Original post by BDB99
Yeah I know what you mean, there's most likely a slimmer chance of you getting put on the Aircraft as Weapon Tech as mostly everyone in that role is likely wanting to do it, for me that doesn't really factor my decision, I'm planning on going for WSOp in the future further down the line and wanted to get myself in the RAF and gaining life experience, as that is what ultimately let me down at OASC.

I was speaking to some Reg bods last week (very senior NCOs with barrels of experience) and they were convinced that the next Defence review will see the end of the Regiment :dontknow:
Reply 13
Really? I’d be very surprised if that happened..
Original post by Drewski
I was speaking to some Reg bods last week (very senior NCOs with barrels of experience) and they were convinced that the next Defence review will see the end of the Regiment :dontknow:
Really? I’d be very surprised if that happened..

Given the states of the cuts recently, I wouldn't be.
Reply 15
So I guess the army would step into the regiments boots then for the future..
Original post by Drewski
Given the states of the cuts recently, I wouldn't be.
So I guess the army would step into the regiments boots then for the future..

On ops, yeah. Or other NATO partners.

No real need for them day-to-day on UK bases. Small force protection element could remain within the RAFP.
Reply 17
Original post by BDB99

I’ve got my PRTC on the 26th of June too, but my BRTC starts on th 6th of August
My BRTC is 11th June!
Reply 19
Original post by jinks37
I’ve got my PRTC on the 26th of June too, but my BRTC starts on th 6th of August

Nice one. You all prepared for it tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest