The Student Room Group

Year 10

Scroll to see replies

Thank you I think it’s just hard too especially with other negative people for example the boy in one of my other posts, I think that people like him have really taken a toll on me and I don’t know it probably sounds so stupid but I get the feeling sometimes that I’m not good enough for the sets I’m in and are feeling kinda scared and trapped with a bunch of smart people that I’m fighting to keep up with
Original post by mez_merising
its normal to feel this way, tbh all the way upto my first exam i kept panicking thinking omg this isn't enough i have 13793791837401 more things i couldve done blah blah...but what ive come to realise is that it IS enough, it may not seem like it now and comparing to how much others have done or 'seem' to have done. two hours of work for you could be eight hours for someone else, its quality over quantity. use the coming months of y10 to make solid notes, fill in any gaps, try out different revision methods and see what works for you. you got this!
Original post by LucyOr15
Thank you I think it’s just hard too especially with other negative people for example the boy in one of my other posts, I think that people like him have really taken a toll on me and I don’t know it probably sounds so stupid but I get the feeling sometimes that I’m not good enough for the sets I’m in and are feeling kinda scared and trapped with a bunch of smart people that I’m fighting to keep up with

i know its hard, but you can't let what that boy says/does get to you. men are trash; dont take it to heart. they'll get over themselves. im assuming your in top sets? the scared feeling is good, shows you care about your grades and want to achieve your full potential, but let that drive you to do better, dont let it overwhelm you. your teachers put you in that set for a reason ok, you are good enough.
let me tell you this now yeah you need to love yourself before you judge yourself okay....people like to pick on people to pour out their emotions through a heartless way not all men are trash either they have a reason for it or they are who they are....i had points where i liked someone and they put me down in a way that they didnt care about me and it put me down so much it make me lose hope..this may not be your scenario but it me embrace who i am i have learned to show my confidence.....you are in year 10 and we are all teenagers there might be times where they will come to you and apologise it happens rarely but hope....you dont need to worry about this cos you need to know your strength and weakness and not let them add a weakness called insecurities we all have them but not the way you feel down and feel useless and feel dumb cos at the end of the day it might be the boy who is like that.....please look after yourself and treat your self like a god and boss ASS queen....
Hey guys so school is over for a week :h: so happy but a little sad as I’ve got this boy in my classes who is really horrible to me about my ability and how I mean nothing to anyone and things like that. It’s driving me insane as it’s been going on for years but all the teachers are saying is he has empathy issues and he doesn’t understand or he doesn’t mean it, but that’s driving me insane surely he can’t still do that and get away with that?? Am I being stupid because it’s really effecting me? Are my teachers right to just dismiss me???
Please comment your replies and opinions as I really need someone else’s viewpoint.
so true if your teachers believe in you should too.........
i know its hard, but you can't let what that boy says/does get to you. men are trash; dont take it to heart. they'll get over themselves. im assuming your in top sets? the scared feeling is good, shows you care about your grades and want to achieve your full potential, but let that drive you to do better, dont let it overwhelm you. your teachers put you in that set for a reason ok, you are good enough.
Thank you so much I just worry my results from my tests don’t show it but thank you so much for the support and yes I am in top sets which is kinda scary as I was banked on the fact I’d be in a lower set
Thank you so much for that it definitely helps I think the main thing is other people make me doubt who i am and wether I really am as great as I think I am, I totally get what your saying and it actually helps and it’s hard to treat myself nicely when he’s made my insecurities into anxiety, I know it’s kinda sad to get to that but I kinda blame the teachers, as they’ve never helped also my primary school teachers told me I was rubbish and could never do maths or science because I just don’t work that way, which I think set my insecurities off and now he’s made it worse, I really hope one day we can have a nice conversation and he will apologise but I’m not holding my breath
Original post by arieslover
let me tell you this now yeah you need to love yourself before you judge yourself okay....people like to pick on people to pour out their emotions through a heartless way not all men are trash either they have a reason for it or they are who they are....i had points where i liked someone and they put me down in a way that they didnt care about me and it put me down so much it make me lose hope..this may not be your scenario but it me embrace who i am i have learned to show my confidence.....you are in year 10 and we are all teenagers there might be times where they will come to you and apologise it happens rarely but hope....you dont need to worry about this cos you need to know your strength and weakness and not let them add a weakness called insecurities we all have them but not the way you feel down and feel useless and feel dumb cos at the end of the day it might be the boy who is like that.....please look after yourself and treat your self like a god and boss ASS queen....
Dang my school is doing our mocks late. Im doing them straight after half term.
Gotta revise through half term 🤧
i totally understand your situation insecurities is common for us....again my crush hated my voice so did everyone else but i still had friends they said my voice was too high and squeaky...and now now i am in year 11 still puberty didnt get to my voice yet....hahaha lol....erm he said crap bout my body in front my face but i proved him i was stronger than him and pushed him to the bin....sooo much more i said i had depression and anxiety because of him and try to self harm myself he said he it doesnt bother him nor it affect him broke my heart into millions of piece till this day i am heartbroken but i dont show it still i am happy with myself because i know i am smart beautiful lovable as well a confident and thats what you need huni let me tell you something this boy might like you in a way he is putting you own so you wont be able to see his infatuation towards him.....he is curtaining his feeling for you it is a maybe or he is jealous of smartness and your beauty meaning your personality he might not have true friends like you have....jealousy can be a big factor.
Thank you so much for that it definitely helps I think the main thing is other people make me doubt who i am and wether I really am as great as I think I am, I totally get what your saying and it actually helps and it’s hard to treat myself nicely when he’s made my insecurities into anxiety, I know it’s kinda sad to get to that but I kinda blame the teachers, as they’ve never helped also my primary school teachers told me I was rubbish and could never do maths or science because I just don’t work that way, which I think set my insecurities off and now he’s made it worse, I really hope one day we can have a nice conversation and he will apologise but I’m not holding my breath
Believe me I feel sorry for you, I kinda wish I had them about now so I had more lesson time
Original post by HateSchx
Dang my school is doing our mocks late. Im doing them straight after half term.
Gotta revise through half term 🤧
Reply 29
Good luck :yy: I've moved this to the Grow Your Grades forum
Thank you so much that means a lot I completely get it and I wish I could be as strong and amazing as you were because honestly what you’ve come from and too is amazing and I wish I could be that strong
i totally understand your situation insecurities is common for us....again my crush hated my voice so did everyone else but i still had friends they said my voice was too high and squeaky...and now now i am in year 11 still puberty didnt get to my voice yet....hahaha lol....erm he said crap bout my body in front my face but i proved him i was stronger than him and pushed him to the bin....sooo much more i said i had depression and anxiety because of him and try to self harm myself he said he it doesnt bother him nor it affect him broke my heart into millions of piece till this day i am heartbroken but i dont show it still i am happy with myself because i know i am smart beautiful lovable as well a confident and thats what you need huni let me tell you something this boy might like you in a way he is putting you own so you wont be able to see his infatuation towards him.....he is curtaining his feeling for you it is a maybe or he is jealous of smartness and your beauty meaning your personality he might not have true friends like you have....jealousy can be a big factor.
Thank you so much
Original post by Sinnoh
Good luck :yy: I've moved this to the Grow Your Grades forum
Hey so I’m feeling extremely inspired by all your stories and want to thank you all for the amazing support you’ve all given me I never thought anyone would really read this but you guys are and I’m so grateful for it. Im not doing much today so I’ll be chatty on here all day but I just thought I’d share what I’m enjoying at the moment.

Ok first thing is this book
image.jpg
I’m loving the fact that’s it real also it’s really helping me see mistakes in the law and is teaching me about the death penalty which will be so helpful for my re and is a great example to use in crime and punishment essays

Also below I’m going to attach some of my revision notes, let me know what you think and any advice you may have for them (they are science notes and I’ve done one for each of the sciences)
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Thank you again everyone who reads these, please keep on commenting and I’ll keep replying
Hope your all having a great day xxx
good to hear that....well done for working really hard i am seeing this...me in year 10 i lost the motivation and i am currently doing my gcse feels a little bit weird i never knew time comes faster than anything lol....
Hey so I’m feeling extremely inspired by all your stories and want to thank you all for the amazing support you’ve all given me I never thought anyone would really read this but you guys are and I’m so grateful for it. Im not doing much today so I’ll be chatty on here all day but I just thought I’d share what I’m enjoying at the moment.

Ok first thing is this book
image.jpg
I’m loving the fact that’s it real also it’s really helping me see mistakes in the law and is teaching me about the death penalty which will be so helpful for my re and is a great example to use in crime and punishment essays

Also below I’m going to attach some of my revision notes, let me know what you think and any advice you may have for them (they are science notes and I’ve done one for each of the sciences)
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Thank you again everyone who reads these, please keep on commenting and I’ll keep replying
Hope your all having a great day xxx
giirrrllll you are strong dont you worry about that....you are amazing, wonderful, beautiful.....you need to think about yourself in a positive optimistic way babes
Thank you so much that means a lot I completely get it and I wish I could be as strong and amazing as you were because honestly what you’ve come from and too is amazing and I wish I could be that strong
Yes that’s what I’m terrified for it’s going to come and I won’t be ready
good to hear that....well done for working really hard i am seeing this...me in year 10 i lost the motivation and i am currently doing my gcse feels a little bit weird i never knew time comes faster than anything lol....
Thank you so much you are so kind, you are amazing too
giirrrllll you are strong dont you worry about that....you are amazing, wonderful, beautiful.....you need to think about yourself in a positive optimistic way babes
My first set of mocks are in the next 2 months
Original post by Obolinda
I'm in year 10 too.

:woo:

Me too!
Oh no how do you feel about them
Original post by SlightlySummer
My first set of mocks are in the next 2 months

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending