The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for taking time to reply :smile:
I wanted to know more information about what it's like there from people who have experienced it, especially international students, as when I look there's next to nothing. Do you know anyone who's already graduated from there or already attends there?
Original post by SunshineKelly
There is a lot of information when you Google it. It's a good university
Reply 2
Original post by qjai1
Hey guys,
I'm thinking of applying to Dnipro Medical Institute of traditional and non-traditional medicine in Ukraine this year, but there's next nothing in regards to information about what this Uni is like. Is there anyone who's already there or is thinking of going there that could help a soul out and share any information you may have?

Is it safe there?
Yeah this is also what I'm trying to find out too
Original post by Bazyli
Is it safe there?
Reply 4
Original post by qjai1
Yeah this is also what I'm trying to find out too

I’ve checked the government website as it’s close to the Donetsk region. It’s safe to visit but they do advise caution when travelling there
Reply 5
Dnipro is a very safe city, it's way off Crimea

Crimea is actually fairly safe. Donetsk is eastern Ukraine is the place to worry about, and Dnipro is fairly close by
Reply 6
I believe it's 200 miles away from Donetsk? Anyway, even if it was close that doesn't mean it's unsafe

It’s 100 miles from the border of Donetsk Oblast. But yes it’s perfectly fine
Original post by Bazyli
Crimea is actually fairly safe.

Joke of the year, as we used to say :smile:
Crimea nowadays is actually fairly safe, until you start mentioning human rights, let alone protecting them God forbid you.
Original post by qjai1
Hey guys,
I'm thinking of applying to Dnipro Medical Institute of traditional and non-traditional medicine in Ukraine this year, but there's next nothing in regards to information about what this Uni is like. Is there anyone who's already there or is thinking of going there that could help a soul out and share any information you may have?

That city is safer than ever, despite current affairs. However, why would you wanna do it exactly in that 'New Jerusalem'?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by stirred nerd
Joke of the year, as we used to say :smile:
Crimea nowadays is actually fairly safe, until you start mentioning human rights, let alone protecting them God forbid you.

Well if demonstrating against the current situation is what the OP is planning to do, then I wouldn’t recommend going anywhere near Ukraine. However, that wasn’t mentioned in his post
Quit watching BBC out there :smile:
You can go anywhere in Ukraine. In the Eastern part you can safely go/live as close as 30km away from the contact line. Just believe me :smile:
Reply 12

That’s hardly representative of every student studying in Ukraine. Just look at the recent scandal involving top American universities
It is representative of the system in which students need to learn skills and knowledge.

Invest your time and money wisely if you want a future.
Original post by Bazyli
That’s hardly representative of every student studying in Ukraine. Just look at the recent scandal involving top American universities
Original post by qjai1
Hey guys,

Hi
Don't go through some agencies who will screw money out of you
I paid a lot myself when I first applied
Reply 15
Original post by Lordofmud
It is representative of the system in which students need to learn skills and knowledge.

Invest your time and money wisely if you want a future.

I see you going onto posts regarding Ukraine and sharing this link. You keep making large, sweeping generalisations. There are scandals and corruptions in first world countries with top-notch education. What's your point? The way to go forwards is to investigate each university (case by case basis). If a university seems muddled with corruption, avoid it like the plague! If it is making people successful, then go for it. Univerisites like Dnipro Medical instute are creating doctors which are coming to work in the UK, despite it being in Ukraine.
Is anyone planning to study medicine/dentistry (in English) in Dnipro this September?
Original post by ananejad
Is anyone planning to study medicine/dentistry (in English) in Dnipro this September?

I study medicine in English her in Dnipro. Let me know if you have questions about the university.
Guys do you know people how have graduated from the 4 year MD programme? Have they been recognised in European and other countries?
Reply 19
Original post by argiep92
Guys do you know people how have graduated from the 4 year MD programme? Have they been recognised in European and other countries?

Yes there has been doctors accepted by the GMC (UK) with the graduate degree. Personally I don't know about other countries, but the GMC has some of the highest standards.

Latest

Trending

Trending