The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How do you even revise for DT smh, struggling here...
Reply 2
Hey does any one know what prediction could be for A on these dt theory paper for new spec ???
Original post by K.Webaoo
Hey does any one know what prediction could be for A on these dt theory paper for new spec ???

My teacher is assuming that if we get an A-A* on coursework and a B on theory it will even out to an. But don't take my word for it as it's not always the same...

Also it can be lower as it's new spec.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Do you have any idea of what percentage we need to get on the first and second paper ?
how is everyone revising for maths
I have a book which tells you what maths you need to know. Just keep on practising. If it makes you feel any better, I started learning the content for the course last week. My teacher didn't teach us in year 12 and we just finished our coursework 2 weeks ago
Original post by janellelamptey
how is everyone revising for maths
Original post by Scott Barker
I have a book which tells you what maths you need to know. Just keep on practising. If it makes you feel any better, I started learning the content for the course last week. My teacher didn't teach us in year 12 and we just finished our coursework 2 weeks ago

ayyy do you think you could email me a couple pictures of the questions cos i’m stuccck brooo
Anyone else stressing?
Reply 9
Yes! I haven’t done any theory revision and my coursework was awful. Anyone know possible grade boundaries?
Anyone else stressing?
Original post by Amberxp
Yes! I haven’t done any theory revision and my coursework was awful. Anyone know possible grade boundaries?

Don’t have a clue but everyone in my year is in the same boat as you
Reply 11
I haven't revised at all. I've been focusing on my other 2 A level subjects and completely neglected product design, even though I only got a C in my coursework (1 mark off a B :frown: ) To be honest, there's always a bunch of maths questions so I'm pretty much just gonna focus on revising some of the maths parts since some of the other stuff such as materials and their applications are kinda easy to just wing it in the exam.
Original post by Amberxp

i know them for course work not for exam but during mocks i got 102 in paper 1 and that was an A but 82 in paper 2 and that was a B so
Reply 13
Okay thanks. What are the coursework grade boundaries?
i know them for course work not for exam but during mocks i got 102 in paper 1 and that was an A but 82 in paper 2 and that was a B so
Original post by Amberxp
Okay thanks. What are the coursework grade boundaries?

okay so A* is 90+ A 80+ B 70 C 60 or my be a 5% difference as in 5 lower but those are the rough
Reply 15
Okay thanks
okay so A* is 90+ A 80+ B 70 C 60 or my be a 5% difference as in 5 lower but those are the rough
Hope so haha. I do biology and geography so I’ve been focusing on them. I need a B to get in my 1st choice and at the minute I’ll be lucky to pass
Original post by Jiiny
I haven't revised at all. I've been focusing on my other 2 A level subjects and completely neglected product design, even though I only got a C in my coursework (1 mark off a B :frown: ) To be honest, there's always a bunch of maths questions so I'm pretty much just gonna focus on revising some of the maths parts since some of the other stuff such as materials and their applications are kinda easy to just wing it in the exam.
Hope so haha. I do biology and geography so I’ve been focusing on them. I need a B to get in my 1st choice and at the minute I’ll be lucky to pass

same omg what spec geo do u do and what uni u trying to get into like course wise aswell
OCR Geography. Hoping to do a geography Bsc at Lancaster Uni
OCR Geography. Hoping to do a geography Bsc at Lancaster Uni

Good luck! man i do aqa when’s ur paper 2

Latest