The Student Room Group

Network Rail Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Okay thanks for putting my mind at ease haha been stressing all day because I really can’t mess this up I need the apprenticeship so badly. Thankyou
Thanks for the help :smile:
Hi everyone I have my assessment centre on Thursday, is there anything I can do before hand like are there any things I should be researching about network rails history for example. Also on my call she mentioned I will be picking what career path to take whilst at the assessment centre like track engineer or overhead lines etc. Where can I do some research on them and what sort of questions are there in the interview that aren’t scenario based? Thanks in advance :smile:
Here’s where you can find out about the different roles https://www.networkrail.co.uk/careers/apprenticeships/what-youll-be-doing/
Google network rail apprenticeship and follow the link called what you’ll be doing as an apprentice it gives info on all the roles
Definitely research what role you want and have a few reasons ready why you’d like the role and why you think it will suit you. In the interview they will get you to tell you something about yourself, hobbies etc. And then some questions more specific to the role e.g. how do you feel about working at heights, have you got any experience working with electrics or working outside, nights etc etc. It’s mostly scenario based and they are big on health and safety
Thanks for the help guys 🙌🏼 what’s the girls to boys ratio like? Guessing mainly lads? And does anyone know if there’s a certain amount of people successful from each day like 2 from one group for example?
Yeah majority lads, it’s works by the depots bidding for apprentices in different fields. So if you go for a bigger/busier depot there will be more places available, they take on 300 apprentices a year in two blocks so 150 start in September. I’d imagine most of those places go down south
Okay thanks I’m applying for what i think is a less busy / big depot so means less apprentice jobs given but less people to compete with I guess?
Exactly it’s swings and roundabouts
Okay Thankyou for your help!
Anyone starting at Westwood in September?
Reply 53
Yep! I am :smile:
Cool, I'm excited to start. Waiting for my contract and medical/ drugs and alcohol test. Have no idea when they'll be though.
Just got my contract today, but I only had to wait a week. I hope I can get everything done in July, August is quite busy for me and I want the peace of mind, knowing I've got the position.
Reply 56
What career path are you guys doing? I’m doing track
I'm doing track
I’m starting in September, I’m doing track as well
I’m doing signalling☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending