The Student Room Group

Year 10

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Haider.alix
ohhh should i murder him:u:

No
I want to be a primary school teacher so that kinda fuels it
Original post by arieslover
good good that might be fun if you love to work with kids especially when thy are annoying trust me i love kids...because of their lack of knowledge make them adorable......:smile:
Oh yes I use quizlet and get revising too, I’ll look at the other 2
Original post by SlightlySummer
Quizlet, Mathswatch, Doddle, GetRevising
As you wish your honour:u:
Original post by LucyOr15
No
I want to be a primary school teacher so that kinda fuels it

me too i had that ambition i still do till this day but now i am trying to get into a different type of pathway
:tongue:
Original post by Haider.alix
As you wish your honour:u:
Here are some of my tips when you are doing your mocks in Y10 and Y11. I'm a student in Y11 who is currently doing my GCSES. After 2 weeks I finish school and have 11 and a half weeks off. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=81242594&highlight= It will be useful for you to spread this in future.
Thank you
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
Here are some of my tips when you are doing your mocks in Y10 and Y11. I'm a student in Y11 who is currently doing my GCSES. After 2 weeks I finish school and have 11 and a half weeks off. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=81242594&highlight= It will be useful for you to spread this in future.
Hey all
This is just an update on my day and just a quick hello, so I’ve not really been up to much today I’ve played some ark (which is like a dinosaur game) and I’ve done some cooking for my family so I made som roast pork for lunch was actually turned out really well. I’ve also read some more of my book which I shared a picture of yesterday. Other than that I did nothing really, tomorrow I’m planning on being a little more productive as I’m going to make some themes revision pages for Frankenstein which I’ll put some pictures up of and I’m going to do some research on cults for my drama devising piece which I have to perform in a couple of weeks, also I have to revise for my German speaking mock that’s after half term so I’ll do some more work on that.

Thank you again for everyone who posts and gives advice on here it’s very much appreciated, I’m also here to answer and questions or reply to any comments

Have a good evening xx
must be nice to have a productive whereas me i am a couch potato revising and procasinating for my next week exam...lucky u xxx
Hey all
This is just an update on my day and just a quick hello, so I’ve not really been up to much today I’ve played some ark (which is like a dinosaur game) and I’ve done some cooking for my family so I made som roast pork for lunch was actually turned out really well. I’ve also read some more of my book which I shared a picture of yesterday. Other than that I did nothing really, tomorrow I’m planning on being a little more productive as I’m going to make some themes revision pages for Frankenstein which I’ll put some pictures up of and I’m going to do some research on cults for my drama devising piece which I have to perform in a couple of weeks, also I have to revise for my German speaking mock that’s after half term so I’ll do some more work on that.

Thank you again for everyone who posts and gives advice on here it’s very much appreciated, I’m also here to answer and questions or reply to any comments

Have a good evening xx
Original post by arieslover
must be nice to have a productive whereas me i am a couch potato revising and procasinating for my next week exam...lucky u xxx

Sorry that probably made it worse 😐
Original post by stobirama
Not that bad tbh, some were great some were uh.. we'll see for yourself

Lit -8
Lang- 8
Maths-8+
Bio-8
Physics-8
Chem-8
Rs-7+
Computer science-8
Media -6
History - 6+

How were your lmao

These are excellent grades for mocks! Bear in mind that you'll pick these grades up by at least 1 at the end of GCSE's, so well done you! :yep:
Hello,
I am only in Year 9, but I have some mocks coming up very soon and I am so nervous! 😟 I am revising atm as well, but I am mainly scared for physics as it is my worst nightmare... Does anybody have any advice for revision? I am currently studying topics P1 and P2 for AQA if that helps. 😢

Oh btw, don't worry about your mock grades. You are only in Year 10 and you have plenty of time to improve! The fact that you have such dedication and passion at such an early stage shows that you will exceed your own expectations in those exams. Whatever grade you get, you should be proud because you are a credit to yourself and your hard-work.
Good luck to everyone! 🦄🥀🌹❤
P.s. What is Year 10 like? 🤔
(edited 4 years ago)
Omg I'm in year 9 as well and I am doing P1, P2, B1, B2, C1 AND C2 :woo::cry2:
Original post by MysticalUnicorn🦄
Hello,
I am only in Year 9, but I have some mocks coming up very soon and I am so nervous! 😟 I am revising atm as well, but I am mainly scared for physics as it is my worst nightmare... Does anybody have any advice for revision? I am currently studying topics P1 and P2 for AQA if that helps. 😢

Oh btw, don't worry about your mock grades. You are only in Year 10 and you have plenty of time to improve! The fact that you have such dedication and passion at such an early stage shows that you will exceed your own expectations in those exams. Whatever grade you get, you should be proud of yourself because you are a credit to yourself and you hard-work.
Omggggg we are doing exactly the same topics for science but instead of C2 I am doing C9 and C10 😢😝
Have you got any advice for physics? 🦄🥀🌹
Original post by dp4300
Oh wow I remember that form year nine I think the main advice I have is try and relax in that exam as that is my main thing now wishing I’d worked on in year 9, try and find as many exam revising techniques that help you remember, also use your parents get them to shout questions at you and you have to answer them, also I hated physics in year 9 I was terrible at it but it turns out now in year 10 physics is my best 😱

Also year 10 is ok you will get a lot of pressure from teachers with short lectures about your new responsibilities but all I would do is do as much as you can for yourself and also if you have any friend dramas I find that work has to come first, but done engulfed yourself as I do quite a lot as it’s not good for you. Final note is take as many study and revision opportunities as you can
Hello,

Oh btw, don't worry about your mock grades. You are only in Year 10 and you have plenty of time to improve! The fact that you have such dedication and passion at such an early stage shows that you will exceed your own expectations in those exams. Whatever grade you get, you should be proud because you are a credit to yourself and your hard-work.
Good luck both of you in your exams And my advice for sciences and maths is know how to do stuff and the equations, also know the right vocab as that’s the thing I find looses me the most marks. For revision practice papers are key and I would recommend getting someone else to mark them as I find when I mark my own I’m way too generous with myself with marks, also even if you don’t want to do them in time conditions just do them at your own pace to get used to the questions. Focus on your cores so maths, English and science as I find that this year they are the main things I’m struggling with
Omggggg we are doing exactly the same topics for science but instead of C2 I am doing C9 and C10 😢😝

Original post by dp4300
I feel that Physics is the easiest to be honest. However, Chemistry gets to me. Feel free to pm me if you need help or jus wanna talk! Which one do you find the hardest? Biology, Chemistry or Physics?
Thank you! 😄
Atm I am trying to find my mojo and seeing what works for me. I think I know or have a firm idea of what that is now, because I have tried different techniques and seen which ones give me the best results. 😊😎 My parents do help me a lot actually, they don't know the answers but they can read questions and help lol. 😄 The only difficult one is French because they can't pronounce 😛😓 As for Physics, I highly doubt that I will ever live to like it. 😢 It terrifies me to the bone and if anybody mentions electricity after GCSEs, I'll probably have a heart attack. 😭💙

I'm trying to avoid the girl drama... 🤗 When I was younger, I used to get dragged into it all the time lmao. 😂 Now though I have settled down and found a new group of friends who support me and are really motivational. 😄

I don't think I can survive another year of teachers droning about GCSEs. It's already bad enough. 😓

Thanks again for the advice and good luck! 🦄🥀🌹
Oh wow I remember that form year nine I think the main advice I have is try and relax in that exam as that is my main thing now wishing I’d worked on in year 9, try and find as many exam revising techniques that help you remember, also use your parents get them to shout questions at you and you have to answer them, also I hated physics in year 9 I was terrible at it but it turns out now in year 10 physics is my best 😱

Also year 10 is ok you will get a lot of pressure from teachers with short lectures about your new responsibilities but all I would do is do as much as you can for yourself and also if you have any friend dramas I find that work has to come first, but done engulfed yourself as I do quite a lot as it’s not good for you. Final note is take as many study and revision opportunities as you can

I remember most of the equations, but I mostly struggle with content for Physics. It just doesn't go in. Either that or I sometimes accidently mix the equations up. 😓
I use Seneca, Free science lessons and revision guides, but I don't know what else to use... 🤔

Thanks! 🦄🥀🌹
Good luck both of you in your exams And my advice for sciences and maths is know how to do stuff and the equations, also know the right vocab as that’s the thing I find looses me the most marks. For revision practice papers are key and I would recommend getting someone else to mark them as I find when I mark my own I’m way too generous with myself with marks, also even if you don’t want to do them in time conditions just do them at your own pace to get used to the questions. Focus on your cores so maths, English and science as I find that this year they are the main things I’m struggling with
Yes I totally get what you mean and yes languages are a pain as no one can really help and you sound like your trying really hard which is amazing, you could use duolingo and memrise for languages and are there any YouTube channels you could use as I find them helpful, primrose kitten has really helped my science because believe me I suck at Science, as you can see from my results, I will let constantly one here and please message me as I’d love to hear from you, also what exams do you have do revise for
Xxx
Thank you! 😄
Atm I am trying to find my mojo and seeing what works for me. I think I know or have a firm idea of what that is now, because I have tried different techniques and seen which ones give me the best results. 😊😎 My parents do help me a lot actually, they don't know the answers but they can read questions and help lol. 😄 The only difficult one is French because they can't pronounce 😛😓 As for Physics, I highly doubt that I will ever live to like it. 😢 It terrifies me to the bone and if anybody mentions electricity after GCSEs, I'll probably have a heart attack. 😭💙

I'm trying to avoid the girl drama... 🤗 When I was younger, I used to get dragged into it all the time lmao. 😂 Now though I have settled down and found a new group of friends who support me and are really motivational. 😄

I don't think I can survive another year of teachers droning about GCSEs. It's already bad enough. 😓

Thanks again for the advice and good luck! 🦄🥀🌹

I remember most of the equations, but I mostly struggle with content for Physics. It just doesn't go in. Either that or I sometimes accidently mix the equations up. 😓
I use Seneca, Free science lessons and revision guides, but I don't know what else to use... 🤔

Thanks! 🦄🥀🌹

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending