The Student Room Group

Predicted Grade Boundaries 2019

Yh...
If anyone could give me a prediction for the following:

English Language
Combined Science
History (Choice FM)
Maths (Higher tier)

Would help my trauma At the moment. Feel like I'll only pass English at this rate.

Any suggestion or prediction whether you say they will rise or fall. I hope fall as I'm not the most academic.... Ironically I'm doing sixth form.

Much appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Have a look at last years grade boundaries, and expect them to be a bit higher than that by a few marks (that’s what tends to happen)
Original post by Oakleyyyyyy
Yh...
If anyone could give me a prediction for the following:

English Language
Combined Science
History (Choice FM)
Maths (Higher tier)

Would help my trauma At the moment. Feel like I'll only pass English at this rate.

Any suggestion or prediction whether you say they will rise or fall. I hope fall as I'm not the most academic.... Ironically I'm doing sixth form.

Much appreciated.

I could make up some numbers out of nowhere. Would that reduce your trauma?
Nobody knows what the boundaries will be, including the people who wrote the papers. They are worked out after the exams are marked. They go up and down or stay much the same independently for each year, examiner and subject. Harder papers = lower boundaries. Easier papers = higher boundaries. All you can do is try your hardest, do your best and see what happens.
i hope they get lower, just done sl maths paper 2 and wow it was harder than expected
Nobody can do this accurately without the kind of data that examiners get access too.

They can't even have a guess until all the papers have been seen. They certainly can't have a guess without knowing exam boards!

It might be that boundaries go up a bit, because teachers have a bit more experience teaching new spec and there's a bit more information out there for students to go on. It might be that the exams are slightly harder, so grade boundaries stay the same or even go down. Or there might be a huge jump! There's nowhere near enough data available to see a trend and make predictions.
Reply 5
this year im gonna fail maths science and history
Reply 6
omg out of all my gcses these r the only three i feel i can fail - the rest i can pass easily as their not that hard but maths science and history imma fail
Original post by FaseehaN
this year im gonna fail maths science and history
Last year for a 7 was 139 but last years maths papers were so easy. The year before a 7 was 124 and for resits in November 2018 a resit a 7 was 124. Our teachers said that our edezcel maths paper 1 was way harder then last years. So uno how harder papers means lower grade boundaries will a 7 this year be lower than 130. Because November 2018 is after June 2018 and was for higher resits and their grade boundaries were 124 with extra months after June 2018. Does anyone think it will be lower then last years because last years wer very easy papers. Please I’m really stressed rn.
Original post by Deisosospiw
Last year for a 7 was 139 but last years maths papers were so easy. The year before a 7 was 124 and for resits in November 2018 a resit a 7 was 124. Our teachers said that our edezcel maths paper 1 was way harder then last years. So uno how harder papers means lower grade boundaries will a 7 this year be lower than 130. Because November 2018 is after June 2018 and was for higher resits and their grade boundaries were 124 with extra months after June 2018. Does anyone think it will be lower then last years because last years wer very easy papers. Please I’m really stressed rn.

Last years maths papers were DEFINITELY much easier. Don't worry,keep studying efficiently and you will get the grades you want!
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Last years maths papers were DEFINITELY much easier. Don't worry,keep studying efficiently and you will get the grades you want!

Yeh I guess thanks man but I got 35 in the first one because r was revealed on youtube two days after. What do u think I need to get in the next 2 for a grade 7
Yeh I guess thanks man but I got 35 in the first one because r was revealed on youtube two days after. What do u think I need to get in the next 2 for a grade 7

Aim for 45-50 on each:smile:
You can do it!
Thank you I really needed to hear that I got 63 in paper 1 I watched the video on YouTube and I did so many silly mistakes but I was aiming for a 9 but if this paper was harder the grade boundaries will go down right ? What do you think they will be roughly I know no one knows for sure
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Yes, I reckon that'll be pretty much the mark on the dot for a nine, I think last year's P1 was 65 for a nine, so if this year's was harder that makes sence! Good luck in P2 and 3, I think we'll need around 70/80 in each for a 9 depending on difficulty again!

(:
Original post by Cecekellyj
Thank you I really needed to hear that I got 63 in paper 1 I watched the video on YouTube and I did so many silly mistakes but I was aiming for a 9 but if this paper was harder the grade boundaries will go down right ? What do you think they will be roughly I know no one knows for sure
There is a general trend that they increase (often by small amounts) each year because teachers have more experience and students perform better. The boundaries are set on the basis of how the entire cohort performed.

Ignore the November exams- resit students are very different to the general cohort, and grade boundaries tend to be low.

You haven't even seen the second paper yet, so focus on your revision, rather than trying to speculate. If you work hard, you'll be fine.
I wish , it was 70 last year for a 9 a lot of people found this one harder tho so it might be 67/68 for a 9 this time p2 and p3 were 67 and 64 I think ,around that so idk they usually make paper 1 straight forward since it’s a non calc so I think p2 and p3 will be harder than this one but hopefully we will all do well
Original post by AmelieMoat
Yes, I reckon that'll be pretty much the mark on the dot for a nine, I think last year's P1 was 65 for a nine, so if this year's was harder that makes sence! Good luck in P2 and 3, I think we'll need around 70/80 in each for a 9 depending on difficulty again!

(:

inshallah bro, i need a 7. Was going to do maths but never mind that- i need an A in GCSE so it looks fine but definitely doing physics in replacement of maths.
After paper 3 maths is going down down down down !!
Original post by Leyla3997
inshallah bro, i need a 7. Was going to do maths but never mind that- i need an A in GCSE so it looks fine but definitely doing physics in replacement of maths.
Reply 18
Did GCSEs last year and seen this years GCSEs maths paper. Would think the boundaries will be close to the following:
192 - 9
158 - 8
124 - 7
93 - 6
65 - 5
36 - 4
Reply 19
these predictions for the grade boundaries are too low
Original post by BenH833
Did GCSEs last year and seen this years GCSEs maths paper. Would think the boundaries will be close to the following:
192 - 9
158 - 8
124 - 7
93 - 6
65 - 5
36 - 4

Quick Reply