The Student Room Group

Single

So I'm 21 , female & I am confident. I'm low-key I don't like being out there so every single boy can say they know me (ew) I've only had one relationship (2years) it fukt me up emotionally and physically. I feel like once u come out of a relationship u don't know how to get back out there? My Instagram is not a popular page it's only my female friends because my ex didn't want me to follow any guys which I respected and didn't mind. Naw I don't know any boys to follow, the boys that follow me aren't my type and my DM's are filled with thirsty **** boys. I tried to give a chance and have a convo but boys in 2019 are just thirsty ********s looking for a **** and a one day conversation. I hate small talks . Lmao. How do I get out there? I don't know anyone but I love being in love (sucka for love) if u understand me give me some tips lol your girl needs it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So I'm 21 , female & I am confident. I'm low-key I don't like being out there so every single boy can say they know me (ew) I've only had one relationship (2years) it fukt me up emotionally and physically. I feel like once u come out of a relationship u don't know how to get back out there? My Instagram is not a popular page it's only my female friends because my ex didn't want me to follow any guys which I respected and didn't mind. Naw I don't know any boys to follow, the boys that follow me aren't my type and my DM's are filled with thirsty **** boys. I tried to give a chance and have a convo but boys in 2019 are just thirsty ********s looking for a **** and a one day conversation. I hate small talks . Lmao. How do I get out there? I don't know anyone but I love being in love (sucka for love) if u understand me give me some tips lol your girl needs it

I feel you. Sending virtual hugs.
Heal yourself first.
Search up how to heal from abusive/toxic relationships.
While you heal, you outgrow the trauma and learn what you want and what you don’t want from a relationship.
When you know what you’re looking for, you feel better about the future.
Grow your self esteem and practise self care.
You prolly were in a relationship with a narcissistic personality disordered dude. Search it up if you want to.
P.s. healing process can and will be hurtful, but in the end you come out stronger and firmer.

While you’re in upgrading yourself out of the trauma (which is not your fault and you did not deserve it), keep an eye out for dudes in real life and befriend them. Keep some distance with the people you engage with. Get trusted friends to help you out.
Remember, if he cannot be a good friend first, he is probably not going to be a good partner.
Cut off anyone toxic.
Share your experience with the toxic person on this forum if you want to anonymously, it’ll help heal.
Talk to a school/college counsellor for support.
Take up one good hobby and work on it.
Don’t overthink.

Take care much love.

The best guys i follow on insta are creatives, musicians/artists/design studios that i think are really cool. If they're not that famous you can get a follow back and start chatting, so maybe find people who have the same interests and impress you in ways beyond their looks. Don't go for people whose whole page is just selfies, they'll constantly be wanting new people to chat to or get attention probably.

It's hard to get back in the game but best way to do it is get passionate about their talents, attitude to life, culture, all the stuff that makes them different. Putting pressure on finding someone ur just attracted to, click with on an intimate level etc is hard unless you've totally moved on from the ex. Find romance in other things about them, or a mental connection. Even if it doesn't lead where you'd like, it'll help you move on further from ex. Best relationships i've had or even flirtations, have been with those who inspire me or teach me a new way of looking at life
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Since when was insta a dating site?! WTF?!
Reply 4
Original post by Spanx

Oh SHUT THE FUVK UPPPPP. Who the **** said it's a dating site ? Its fukin social media where u can meet people. I've met three friends on social media over the past year and naw are very close. Dumb **** quote where I said "Instagram is a DaTiNg SiTe"
Reply 5
Oh you little liar you! :suith: Who the feck said you couldn't do small talk?! Now all I need is your insta deets...I think you could be the one!

Spoiler

Oh SHUT THE FUVK UPPPPP. Who the **** said it's a dating site ? Its fukin social media where u can meet people. I've met three friends on social media over the past year and naw are very close. Dumb **** quote where I said "Instagram is a DaTiNg SiTe"
Original post by Spanx

Every site seems to be becoming one now :rolleyes:
boys in 2019 are just thirsty ********s looking for a **** and a one day conversation.

was going to help but actually nah
I guess Tinder will help you then lol
Reply 9
Oi Groot, don't be trying the same line as me to pick up this crazy ars* bizatch. I saw her first! She's got a way with words...and the way her eyes roll in different directions, be still my beating....

TSR as a dating site might just win the day :wink:
Original post by I AM GROOT 1

Even TSR is tbf
Original post by Spanx
Oi Groot, don't be trying the same line as me to pick up this crazy ars* bizatch. I saw her first! She's got a way with words...and the way her eyes roll in different directions, be still my beating....

TSR as a dating site might just win the day :wink:

She's all yours, best of luck, do invite me to the wedding would you ta

:lol: for you haha maybe
Original post by Pepsey
Even TSR is tbf

No doubt about that :rofl:
No doubt about that :rofl:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing :laugh:
Original post by Pepsey
Is that a good thing or a bad thing :laugh:

The Student Room:
The Student Room (often abbreviated to TSR), established in 1999, is a United Kingdom based community and social learning website for school and university students.

It connects students with other students so that they can make more informed education choices, get help with their studies, and get support with student life.

Nothing about dating on there :s-smilie:
The Student Room:

Nothing about dating on there :s-smilie:

Unfortunately :rofl: Does talk about connecting students though :lol:
Original post by Pepsey
Unfortunately :rofl: Does talk about connecting students though :lol:

:K: There seems to be loopholes
:K: There seems to be loopholes

"Connects students with other students" Very suspicious :erm:
Original post by Pepsey