The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History: America: A Nation Divided, c1845–1877, 7042/2J - 5 June 2019

Exam thread for depth paper

Scroll to see replies

Hi, does anyone remember the topics for the 2018 paper as I am trying to work out which topics are most likely to come up this year and which ones are least likely??
Original post by CoolCavy
Exam thread for depth paper
Original post by Malteaser22
Hi, does anyone remember the topics for the 2018 paper as I am trying to work out which topics are most likely to come up this year and which ones are least likely??

Are you sure your not trying to get one up on a mock exam? :lol:
actually my teacher has already told us that she is making her own questions so that we can't cheat so...
Original post by Evil Homer
Are you sure your not trying to get one up on a mock exam? :lol:
I would also like to know as I am narrowing down my revision for the final month and I have finished all of my mock exams m?
Hi,
These are the ones I know
"There had been significant increase in abolitionist sentiment in the North by 1854" Assess the validity of this view. AS 2018

How accurately did popular literature and the press in the South represent Southern attitudes to abolitionism, in the years 1850 to 1854? A2 2018

"Lincoln's planning for the future of the Union after the Civil War was too favourable towards the South" Assess the validity of this view. A2 2018

"The 'Redeemers' were motivated by the desire to remove corruption from politics in the South, in the years 1868 to 1877." Assess the validity of this view. A2 2018

Original post by JordanK2001
I would also like to know as I am narrowing down my revision for the final month and I have finished all of my mock exams m?
Thank you! 😊
Hi,
"There had been significant increase in abolitionist sentiment in the North by 1854" Assess the validity of this view. AS 2018

How accurately did popular literature and the press in the South represent Southern attitudes to abolitionism, in the years 1850 to 1854? A2 2018

"Lincoln's planning for the future of the Union after the Civil War was too favourable towards the South" Assess the validity of this view. A2 2018

"The 'Redeemers' were motivated by the desire to remove corruption from politics in the South, in the years 1868 to 1877." Assess the validity of this view. A2 2018
Do you also know what the 2018 questions were for paper 1F: Industrialisation and the People. Would really appreciate the help.
Hi,

Hi,

Do you also know what the source questions for these papers were.

Thanks
Hi

They are all on the AQA assessment resources now!
Original post by active historian
Do you also know what the source questions for these papers were.

Thanks
Does anybody have predictions for what might come up?
My teacher said the war itself was likely to come up as there hasn't been an actual question on the events of the war etc
Original post by Alberto968
Does anybody have predictions for what might come up?
Thanks, yeah I think that is likely. There was a question in 2017: ‘The Battle of Gettysburg was decisive for the outcome of the American Civil War.’ Assess the validity of this view. But I guess they could easily change this to Vicksburg or antietam?
Original post by kjanew17
My teacher said the war itself was likely to come up as there hasn't been an actual question on the events of the war etc
Does anybody know what the questions were for the AS paper this year?
Also, is the winning of the West: Indian wars, mining frontier, impact of the railways, farmers cowboys and shepherds, romance of the west, part of our syllabus? Thanks
I don't think so. Are you looking at Alan Farmer's book by any chance?
Yes I was, thank you
Original post by active historian
I don't think so. Are you looking at Alan Farmer's book by any chance?
Yeh, that book is written for the AQA and OCR syllabus.
If a question like: Jefferson Davis' impact on the Confederate government and army was largely negative, came up, what points do people have for Jefferson Davis as a good general in chief? The only positives I can find for him are his appointment of Lee as commander in chief, otherwise his time seems to be plagued with political and strategical failure.
There are no points for Davis as a good president, even with Rober E Lee it took Davis until 1865 to appoint him general in chief of the army. You would have to make something up or hope that the question is worded like ‘problems surrounding leadership was the main reason the confederates lost the war’ assess the validity of this view then you can bring in other factors like manpower/financial policies/over confidence, considering last year’s questions were so hard I’m assuming they will give a nicer set of questions this year.
Original post by Alberto968
If a question like: Jefferson Davis' impact on the Confederate government and army was largely negative, came up, what points do people have for Jefferson Davis as a good general in chief? The only positives I can find for him are his appointment of Lee as commander in chief, otherwise his time seems to be plagued with political and strategical failure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending