The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by _aries
Thank you for the responses! That's fantastic. Do you happen to know which unis will be open for clearing this cycle? Or is that info not disclosed yet? I'll keep my eyes open for that. Thank you again :smile:

sorry, i updated my post because i checked another website and there are some conditions, but i believe you would qualify anyway. if youre not sure, DM ucas on twitter. they can give you specific advice and theyre very helpful.

and i believe universities that will be in clearing will be posted online from July, but some unis indicate before that they might be in clearing.
Reply 81
Original post by sotor
sorry, i updated my post because i checked another website and there are some conditions, but i believe you would qualify anyway. if youre not sure, DM ucas on twitter. they can give you specific advice and theyre very helpful.

and i believe universities that will be in clearing will be posted online from July, but some unis indicate before that they might be in clearing.

Ahh yes, no worries, the conditions seem fine. I think I'll still qualify. Really appreciate you checking it up for me :smile: And that's understandable, only thing I'm truly worried about is 1) my UKCAT since I got 2470 (I know it's terrible) and 2) I'm aware home students will have the advantage of making calls to the unis directly, but since I'm overseas I don't have that privilege and emails may not be spontaneous enough ;-;
Reply 82
Original post by _aries
Ahh yes, no worries, the conditions seem fine. I think I'll still qualify. Really appreciate you checking it up for me :smile: And that's understandable, only thing I'm truly worried about is 1) my UKCAT since I got 2470 (I know it's terrible) and 2) I'm aware home students will have the advantage of making calls to the unis directly, but since I'm overseas I don't have that privilege and emails may not be spontaneous enough ;-;

there's no way of knowing whether your score is enough, so try not to stress out about it. you can always apply next year! you'll be in medicine for the long haul anyway, another year might even be good for your overall career (more mature, more experience, more determined etc)

i do think not being able to call could be quite frustrating for you on the day. how far away are you? it might be worth visiting the uk for a day or two around results day or getting some kind of international calling plan just for a month (my family have one on our landline to call home)
Reply 83
Original post by sotor
there's no way of knowing whether your score is enough, so try not to stress out about it. you can always apply next year! you'll be in medicine for the long haul anyway, another year might even be good for your overall career (more mature, more experience, more determined etc)

i do think not being able to call could be quite frustrating for you on the day. how far away are you? it might be worth visiting the uk for a day or two around results day or getting some kind of international calling plan just for a month (my family have one on our landline to call home)

Mm, there's that. But I graduated from IB last November and frankly this whole year is like a default gap year for me, I'd like not to waste another year. I have another Med offer overseas but.... It's not the same (lots of recognition complications with that). So if not UK, I'll end up going there.

I'm all the way in SE Asia haha, quite far. That's actually smart, thank you! An international plan for a month sounds decent. I'll sort that one out. Cheers for the advice! ^^ Are you waiting on unis to get back?
Reply 84
Original post by _aries
Mm, there's that. But I graduated from IB last November and frankly this whole year is like a default gap year for me, I'd like not to waste another year. I have another Med offer overseas but.... It's not the same (lots of recognition complications with that). So if not UK, I'll end up going there.

I'm all the way in SE Asia haha, quite far. That's actually smart, thank you! An international plan for a month sounds decent. I'll sort that one out. Cheers for the advice! ^^ Are you waiting on unis to get back?

ah yeah that might be a bit far to pop over hahah. congrats on having a medicine offer, thats fantastic even if its not your preferred choice :smile:

I'm actually quite fortunate to have all my offers back and I've firmed and all now. Just waiting to get my A level grades now!
Reply 85
Original post by sotor
ah yeah that might be a bit far to pop over hahah. congrats on having a medicine offer, thats fantastic even if its not your preferred choice :smile:

I'm actually quite fortunate to have all my offers back and I've firmed and all now. Just waiting to get my A level grades now!

Thank youu :smile: Yeah the whole situation is stressful rn haha. But it’ll be all over in a few months thankfully. That’s actually incredible, congrats! Hope everything goes well for you ^^ Where did you firm?
Reply 86
Original post by _aries
Thank youu :smile: Yeah the whole situation is stressful rn haha. But it’ll be all over in a few months thankfully. That’s actually incredible, congrats! Hope everything goes well for you ^^ Where did you firm?

best of luck to you! hope it all works out :smile:

oxford is my firm and edinburgh my insurance:h:
Reply 87
Original post by sotor
best of luck to you! hope it all works out :smile:

oxford is my firm and edinburgh my insurance:h:

oh my, bless, so happy for you! hoping for the best for the both of us :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by _aries
oh my, bless, so happy for you! hoping for the best for the both of us :smile:

thank you so much!
Is A101 ever ever ever available through Clearing :smile:
Reply 90
Why is it that when I was applying for A100, clearing for Medicine was completely unheard of, whereas now it is popular?
Reply 91
Do you reckon any applicant who achieves AAB on the result day should not try in clearing?
Reply 92
Sorry, couldnt understand what you trying to say.
Reply 93
SAME!
There's spaces in UCAS extra for medicine at Sheffield (2019 entry):smile:
Reply 95
Original post by Saltystud3nt
There's spaces in UCAS extra for medicine at Sheffield (2019 entry)

I think it's only open for these students unfortunately :frown:

Do you accept applicants through UCAS Extra/Clearing?

The only applications that we process through UCAS Extra are those for the University of Bradford and Sheffield Hallam University Widening participation entry routes. The Medical School does not process applications through UCAS Clearing.
(edited 4 years ago)
I believe if you go to ucas extra they’ve opened medicine applications until the 1st July for Sheffield university
Original post by jmuse
I think it's only for these students unfortunately :frown:

The only applications that we process through UCAS Extra are those for the University of Bradford and Sheffield Hallam University Widening participation entry routes. The Medical School does not process applications through UCAS Clearing.
Reply 97
My son also enquired about this and was told they would not be entering extra or clearing.
Reply 98
Original post by student0299
I believe if you go to ucas extra they’ve opened medicine applications until the 1st July for Sheffield university

You are correct, however, it is only open for the students that qualify for the WP entry route who are only on those courses I mentioned previously.

Stated on the UCAS website: Course is open 10th June - 1st July for specific applications. More details on The Sheffield Medical School website.
thats strange, i know of someone who got into sheffield (med) through clearing
Original post by jmuse
I think it's only open for these students unfortunately :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending