The Student Room Group

UCV dentistry Valencia 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi lyneguy

I'm contemplating between dentistry at Catolica de Valencia and Cardenal Herrera. What made you choose UCV as theres not much info about apart from its website. Have you been and visited the uni? If you have, then would appreciate your thoughts
Original post by RP2906
Hi lyneguy

I'm contemplating between dentistry at Catolica de Valencia and Cardenal Herrera. What made you choose UCV as theres not much info about apart from its website. Have you been and visited the uni? If you have, then would appreciate your thoughts

Hi mate,

I know I’m not lyneguy but I applied to UCV instead of Cardenal Herrera so I thought I’d help you out

The main reason I chose UCV because the dental course is taught for the full 5 years in English, whereas at Cardenal Herrera the first 3 years are taught in English but the last two are taught completely in Spanish- so unless you are Spanish yourself I thought that was a put off.

The UCV uni is relatively new, it opened like 15 years ago I think whereas Cardenal Herrera is older- both I believe anyway have pretty much the same teaching quality standard .

If you want any more info go on the website AStarFuture they have a lot of info on there

Good luck,

Z
Reply 42
Excellent summary
Original post by lyneguy
Excellent summary

Thanks

Quick question- how long did it take for you to receive the offer from UCV I sent my application off 2 days ago?

Cheers
Reply 44
Thanks for that

UCH teach all Five years in English see here >> https://www.uchceu.com/img/en/new-student/infographie/infographie16.pdf and break down of each year here>> https://www.uchceu.com/en/studies/degree/dentistry/program
plus I've had it conformed from them. They say you will need to speak/understand Spanish when you are in the clinics from year 3 onwards as you will be practicing on real patients.

UCV is the same as confirmed to me by A Star and ranked 4th best uni in Spain according to A Star.. You may want to confirm that with them. I'm slightly suspicious about this care package with GDC Education as there's not much info about it and nothing on Google search. Surely they would have a website or more detail apart from the basic info on the A Star site.

Also UCV launched their Dentistry degree in 2016 so still relatively whereas UCH has been running its much longer and have graduated dentists.

Anyway, difficult decision to make but my gut instinct is to go with UCH
Could anyone help me out by letting me know the email to send my aapplication to. I am trying to apply direct without using an agency.
Original post by Georgey64
Could anyone help me out by letting me know the email to send my aapplication to. I am trying to apply direct without using an agency.

Hey,

Try [email protected]

But I doubt they’ll get back to you because I tried that and just ended up going to an agency (A Star Future) anyway because they really help smoothing out the process with the GDC and they get back to you really quickly.

Good luck!
Original post by z20010318
Hey,

Try [email protected]

But I doubt they’ll get back to you because I tried that and just ended up going to an agency (A Star Future) anyway because they really help smoothing out the process with the GDC and they get back to you really quickly.

Good luck!

Hi there, Yeah i seem to be having the same problem where they just dont get back to you. How much did astarfuture cost as an agency
Hi there, Yeah i seem to be having the same problem where they just dont get back to you. How much did astarfuture cost as an agency

£300 you have to pay to the agency alone. The care package and fees you pay to the University.
£300 you have to pay to the agency alone. The care package and fees you pay to the University.

Cheers
Reply 50
The only way you can apply to the English program is through Astarfuture and the Agency GDC if you are accepted.
Original post by lyneguy
The only way you can apply to the English program is through Astarfuture and the Agency GDC if you are accepted.

I had just one other question. Am i accepted upon paying the fees should I receive an offer? Or would they wait until results day to fully accept me
I had just one other question. Am i accepted upon paying the fees should I receive an offer? Or would they wait until results day to fully accept me

Depends really, For me my predicted grades are AAB but UCV gave me an offer subject to receiving BBB on A Level Results Day
Depends really, For me my predicted grades are AAB but UCV gave me an offer subject to receiving BBB on A Level Results Day

Hmm, Thanks for the insight. I have ABC predicted grades with the C being in maths. I have heard that some unis give you the offer and dont check on what you get in your A levels and just go off your predicted grades, but I am skeptical about that
[QUOTE="Georgey64;83565128"]Hmm, Thanks for the insight. I have ABC predicted grades with the C being in maths. I have heard that some unis give you the offer and dont check on what you get in your A levels and just go off your predicted grades, but I am skeptical about that[/QUOT
Hmm, Thanks for the insight. I have ABC predicted grades with the C being in maths. I have heard that some unis give you the offer and dont check on what you get in your A levels and just go off your predicted grades, but I am skeptical about that

I don’t know they may do that- but I’m pretty sure if they do give you an offer with conditions they would expect you to meet the conditions otherwise it’s just pointless then
Reply 55
'A star future's' website states only 2-3 places left at this time.
I want to start 2020 also, I'm in yr12
If I apply and get given an offer and pay the reservation fee. Does this mean I am guaranteed a place next year?
Hey are there any students here who have got a confirmed place for September 2019?
Reply 58
Original post by Edgyname
Hey are there any students here who have got a confirmed place for September 2019?

My son has . Going out end of August.
Original post by Loves99
My son has . Going out end of August.

Nice! I’m leaving on the 2nd of September

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending