The Student Room Group

most overrated kpop band?

Scroll to see replies

thats your opinion, so dont feel bad!
Original post by manickatt
I kinda feel bad for saying this but EXO, I tried really hard to get into their music but I just couldn't get into them. I found their music underwhelming... I just don't get it I guess? I don't hate them or anything but I don't get the hype tbh.
the music sounds really nice, in contrast to some music with drugs, it feels fresh lol
Original post by steph.demetriou
I'm not into kpop. interested in why you guys like K-pop.

I'm mostly into rap and hip-hop. so kinda curious
Don’t hate me for this but Momoland 😣 I just don’t really like them
sorry, ive realised that they lip sync around 40% of the time despite only having a few comebacks. Dont get me wrong i was a huge blink 3 months ago
Original post by Gent2324
how dare you
Vixx are great, so aesthetic <3
Original post by hadiqaax
I think BTS in my opinion there's other boy groups that are just as amazing as them but are soo underrated like VIXX
its your opinion lol, no ones going to hate you, i guess you find their personality sorta fake too
Original post by thewaterbottle12
Don’t hate me for this but Momoland 😣 I just don’t really like them
Original post by Coolkitkat23
its your opinion lol, no ones going to hate you, i guess you find their personality sorta fake too

idk fans always say “how can you hate them you don’t know them well enough” but I’m just not a fan of their music 😅
Original post by NanaA23432
Vixx are great, so aesthetic <3

ahh I love VIXX my biases are Ken and Hongbin and Hyuk. <3
I think there are more underrated than overrated groups like iKON and ATEEZ...
i checked out VIXX and saw scentist, all of their visuals are amazing!
Original post by hadiqaax
ahh I love VIXX my biases are Ken and Hongbin and Hyuk. <3
the music sounds really nice, in contrast to some music with drugs, it feels fresh lol

what do you mean by music with drugs?
that's not what rap and hip-hop is all about. I guess you need to listen to it to understand.
you see people who do grime, rap, drill and hip-hop have come for m backgrounds where they have had nothing and their upbringing hasn't been the best. By creating this music they are able to express themselves and they are able to make money which has helped them from getting in trouble and they are able to support their families and stopes them from being on the streets and taking drugs.
underrated is mamamoo for me
Original post by Iksu_51
I think there are more underrated than overrated groups like iKON and ATEEZ...
no no i mean general music, made these days! sorry if i sounded like i was talking about rap
what do you mean by music with drugs?
that's not what rap and hip-hop is all about. I guess you need to listen to it to understand.
you see people who do grime, rap, drill and hip-hop have come for m backgrounds where they have had nothing and their upbringing hasn't been the best. By creating this music they are able to express themselves and they are able to make money which has helped them from getting in trouble and they are able to support their families and stopes them from being on the streets and taking drugs.
In answer to OPs question maybe EXO?

They said the same about Pop Punk but Pop Punk will never die!
Original post by MidgetFever
All of them.
This is just one of those music phases, it'll die out eventually.
i checked out VIXX and saw scentist, all of their visuals are amazing!

omgg yess haha x listen to 'Dynamite' and The closer' those songs are bops, their voices are soothing <3
Original post by Themysticalegg
In answer to OPs question maybe EXO?

They said the same about Pop Punk but Pop Punk will never die!

I'm partial to a bit of pop punk myself, but I mean in terms of more mainstream.

Kpop is in the charts rn, but it'll die out.
Same thing happened with that whole Dubstep phase. There was that big hype around Grime too, and although it's still relatively popular it's not there as much as it was. Kpop is just the new wave in these phases.
See now you're just talking about my childhood. :laugh: I was definitely one of those into the grime phase, as the only Chinese kid in a grime concert. :laugh: Dubstep :colonhash: To be honest I just listen to anything but I get your point now! :biggrin:
Original post by MidgetFever
I'm partial to a bit of pop punk myself, but I mean in terms of more mainstream.

Kpop is in the charts rn, but it'll die out.
Same thing happened with that whole Dubstep phase. There was that big hype around Grime too, and although it's still relatively popular it's not there as much as it was. Kpop is just the new wave in these phases.
an example of this is Dave. if you listen to his music you may be able to understand. some songs that shoe this are..........
hangman
psycho
question time
my 19th birthday
Original post by Themysticalegg
See now you're just talking about my childhood. :laugh: I was definitely one of those into the grime phase, as the only Chinese kid in a grime concert. :laugh: Dubstep :colonhash: To be honest I just listen to anything but I get your point now! :biggrin:

Yeah I went through the whole grime phase too :lol: Though tbh I still listen to it. Haah I know the feeling! Yeah I'm the same, my music taste is pretty weird. 60's/70's Rock still has my heart tho <3
ohhhhh got it

no no i mean general music, made these days! sorry if i sounded like i was talking about rap

an example of this is Dave. if you listen to his music you may be able to understand. some songs that shoe this are..........
hangman
psycho
question time
my 19th birthday

Quick Reply

Latest