The Student Room Group
Plymouth Marjon University
Plymouth
Visit website

Uni life and course

Is there anyone here that is already doing or planning to attend the BA Acting course at this uni ? If already doing it, what do you think of it, and of the uni vibes ?
Thanks !
Original post by Leila Lewis
Is there anyone here that is already doing or planning to attend the BA Acting course at this uni ? If already doing it, what do you think of it, and of the uni vibes ?
Thanks !

Hello Leila!

Our Acting degree is a really practical course that tries to work on skills to create a well-rounded performer. For example, in just the first year students work on acting for the stage, look at traditional performance and learn practical skills on how how to act for camera.

We're quite well known for our commitment to small class sizes, which for a degree like acting can prove to be especially beneficial as students get a lot of personal tuition on how to develop in to the type of actor they want to become!

In terms of the vibe here, it's quite a special community feeling here at Marjon, where students mix across courses and you're certain to make friends beyond those studying acting.

If you've got any more specific questions about Marjon or the acting degree here then feel free to give me a shout!

Stephen.
Plymouth Marjon University
Plymouth
Visit website
It’s a little bit chaotic at the moment because the lecturers quit. Hopefully it’ll be sorted by September but don’t have high expectations.
Original post by ells13579
It’s a little bit chaotic at the moment because the lecturers quit. Hopefully it’ll be sorted by September but don’t have high expectations.

We've hired some excellent new lecturers with really varied experience across a range of acting disciplines. We want to make sure that as many different styles of acting can be covered in the course as possible and our new lecturers will be able to deliver that with their history of being involved on screen, in theatre and beyond!

If you've got any other questions about our new lecturers or the course as a whole then feel free to give me a shout.

Stephen.
Who are they? The website only has the course leader/director of school.
Uni vibes are pretty good but I’ve heard the school of arts and humanities is unorganised. Pretty weird to not know who the lecturers are also

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending