The Student Room Group

how do i make effective flashcards?

do i first make my notes and then flashcards?
do i have to use flashcards to get A*’s
Original post by iyigunler

If it was me, I would skip writing the notes and just do the flashcards however it’s up to u to see what works best

You could write notes and then try to condense those notes and then write those condensed notes onto flash cards
Reply 3
just do the flashcards, dont bother with notes. you dont have to do flashcards to get an A* but you should do active recall and flashcards are an easy way to do that.
Add little images/sketches like for one of mine I have to analyse a music video and I roughly drew popsicles stuck together within it to show how is could have connotations of a broken relationship
The clearer, the better!
Hi there @iyigunler

Some great advice here already! Personally, I agree with not making notes and just making the flashcards directly. This is what I did for my exams and it worked great for me, but you need to make sure your revision works for you!

You don't need to use flashcards to get A*, you need to use a revision technique that works for you. I'm very much a kinesthetic learner, so revising for academic subjects was a bit of a nightmare for me, so I made my flashcards quite colourful by using black red and blue inks for alternate points or diagrams (for human biology for example) so I could recall them much easier than writing solely in black ink for example

Have you heard of SMART revising?

Fi :horse:
Reply 6
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi there @iyigunler

Some great advice here already! Personally, I agree with not making notes and just making the flashcards directly. This is what I did for my exams and it worked great for me, but you need to make sure your revision works for you!

You don't need to use flashcards to get A*, you need to use a revision technique that works for you. I'm very much a kinesthetic learner, so revising for academic subjects was a bit of a nightmare for me, so I made my flashcards quite colourful by using black red and blue inks for alternate points or diagrams (for human biology for example) so I could recall them much easier than writing solely in black ink for example

Have you heard of SMART revising?

Fi :horse:

thank you so much!
No problem at all.

Remember you can do this!

Good luck

Fi :yy:
thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending