The Student Room Group

Ccea a2 geog 2019

Anyone got any thoughts on the upcoming physical/human papers?

Also, what units are you doing?

Scroll to see replies

I’m doing Plate Tectonics and Coasts for physical and Ethnic diversity and tourism for human. Not sure if Norfolk is coming up tomorrow or not but I don’t want to learn it - too long! So hoping for Kiribati in that section
Original post by peter_17
Anyone got any thoughts on the upcoming physical/human papers?

Also, what units are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by lauren_108
I’m doing Plate Tectonics and Coasts for physical and Ethnic diversity and tourism for human. Not sure if Norfolk is coming up tomorrow or not but I don’t want to learn it - too long! So hoping for Kiribati in that section

Doing exact same as you! Also hoping Norfolk doesn't come up, it's way too long, plus they asked it last year. Ahhh I do the Nile Delta instead of Kiribati, also hoping for that though! And I'd love the volcano case study to come up, I do Montserrat :smile:
All the case studies were asked last year which is so annoying makes it harder to predict :/ I was looking though at the second part of the Coasts chapter and there’s not really anything they could ask for an essay other than Kiribati whereas the last part, instead of Norfolk they could ask for measures like technical feasibility etc for coastal management as an essay? I’m not sure how likely that would be however it is like that in the specimen paper! I’ve learnt both pinatubo (my volcano case study) and tohoku because they’re quite short so I wouldn’t mind either of those :smile: Just hoping general questions aren’t too harsh but being CCEA I feel like they could be :frown:
Doing exact same as you! Also hoping Norfolk doesn't come up, it's way too long, plus they asked it last year. Ahhh I do the Nile Delta instead of Kiribati, also hoping for that though! And I'd love the volcano case study to come up, I do Montserrat :smile:
Reply 4
All the case studies were asked last year which is so annoying makes it harder to predict :/ I was looking though at the second part of the Coasts chapter and there’s not really anything they could ask for an essay other than Kiribati whereas the last part, instead of Norfolk they could ask for measures like technical feasibility etc for coastal management as an essay? I’m not sure how likely that would be however it is like that in the specimen paper! I’ve learnt both pinatubo (my volcano case study) and tohoku because they’re quite short so I wouldn’t mind either of those :smile: Just hoping general questions aren’t too harsh but being CCEA I feel like they could be :frown:

I knowww it's so annoying and really hard to predict... Yeah even though Kiribati was last year they could still ask it in a shorter question so I've learnt it anyways. kinda praying it's the volcano case study since it wasn't asked last year and the seismic one was!
Yeah hoping general qs aren't too harsh either😔
I haven’t learned Norfolk and don’t know if I’m going to... it seems too long for me to learn now but I’ve learned the other 3 so hoping if I just focus in on coasts it will be alright if a random essay was asked!
I knowww it's so annoying and really hard to predict... Yeah even though Kiribati was last year they could still ask it in a shorter question so I've learnt it anyways. kinda praying it's the volcano case study since it wasn't asked last year and the seismic one was!
Yeah hoping general qs aren't too harsh either😔
Reply 6
I haven’t learned Norfolk and don’t know if I’m going to... it seems too long for me to learn now but I’ve learned the other 3 so hoping if I just focus in on coasts it will be alright if a random essay was asked!

I'm not gonna learn Norfolk, way too long! Even if Norfolk was one of them, what else could they ask for the other 18 marker other than Kiribati? nothing in the spec that seems feasible to ask as a long question!
Exactly my thinking! I’d panick tho if they didn’t actually ask Kiribati and picked an essay which I didn’t learn a lot of detail for the contents. I’m thinking also they won’t ask about liequefaction tsunamis or seismic shaking since it was asked in both the specimen and last years paper
I'm not gonna learn Norfolk, way too long! Even if Norfolk was one of them, what else could they ask for the other 18 marker other than Kiribati? nothing in the spec that seems feasible to ask as a long question!
Reply 8
Exactly my thinking! I’d panick tho if they didn’t actually ask Kiribati and picked an essay which I didn’t learn a lot of detail for the contents. I’m thinking also they won’t ask about liequefaction tsunamis or seismic shaking since it was asked in both the specimen and last years paper

I agree with you! And they shouldn't do, also shouldn't ask seismic gap or dilation theories... They could ask the p,s,l waves maybe?
Ooh I didn’t think about those thank u!!! I’m going to go over both topics again today and practice my case studies tomorrow before going in and hopefully it’ll be okay :smile: I got a B last year but close to an A so looking to lift it to an A - but need good marks across the 3 papers for it which I keep forgetting as I seem to be putting all of the pressure onto this physical paper!
I agree with you! And they shouldn't do, also shouldn't ask seismic gap or dilation theories... They could ask the p,s,l waves maybe?
Reply 10
Ooh I didn’t think about those thank u!!! I’m going to go over both topics again today and practice my case studies tomorrow before going in and hopefully it’ll be okay :smile: I got a B last year but close to an A so looking to lift it to an A - but need good marks across the 3 papers for it which I keep forgetting as I seem to be putting all of the pressure onto this physical paper!

No probs! Yeah I'm doing the same :smile: I just got an A last year and need an A overall but I'm not confident this time :frown:
Do you think predicting volcanoes will come up as a smaller question or just pinatubo case study come up? Pinatubo wasn’t asked last year so I’m thinking Pinatubo as a case study and and smaller question could be Hazards/benefits of volcanic activity.
No probs! Yeah I'm doing the same :smile: I just got an A last year and need an A overall but I'm not confident this time :frown:
Reply 12
Do you think predicting volcanoes will come up as a smaller question or just pinatubo case study come up? Pinatubo wasn’t asked last year so I’m thinking Pinatubo as a case study and and smaller question could be Hazards/benefits of volcanic activity.

hazards and benefits was the 18 marker last year was it not? but yes I think the volcano case study as an 18 marker will be one of them.
Yea it was so thinking it could be a smaller question - also I’m assuming dilation and seismic gap theory won’t be asked seeing it was asked last year
hazards and benefits was the 18 marker last year was it not? but yes I think the volcano case study as an 18 marker will be one of them.
Reply 14
Yea it was so thinking it could be a smaller question - also I’m assuming dilation and seismic gap theory won’t be asked seeing it was asked last year

hmmm I'm not sure, but it's just so hard to tell!!
Ino :frown: I’m still going over coasts now hahahaha but it’s a second run over it making sure I understand what i need to talk about
hmmm I'm not sure, but it's just so hard to tell!!
Reply 16
anyone doing geog hope it went alright! I did questions 2 and 5 and was fairly happy with them, lots of stuff came up that I thought :smile:

anyone got thoughts on paper 2?
Same here did questions 2 and 5! Haven’t thought about paper 2 yet :smile:
anyone doing geog hope it went alright! I did questions 2 and 5 and was fairly happy with them, lots of stuff came up that I thought :smile:

anyone got thoughts on paper 2?
Reply 18
Same here did questions 2 and 5! Haven’t thought about paper 2 yet :smile:

Aw ok fair enough! sure if you think of anything just post it here, I'll do the same :smile:
Hey I had a quick look at the 2018 paper and spec paper, Maybe Sri Lanka? I’ve got biology on the same day so not looking to learn all the case studies
Aw ok fair enough! sure if you think of anything just post it here, I'll do the same :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending