AQA A Level PE Paper 2

This poll is closed

How did AQA A Level PE Paper 2 go?

Loved that paper 43%
The paper was reasonable57%
Not feeling great about that exam0%
It was TERRIBLE0%
Total votes: 7
Exam discussion on AQA A Level PE Paper 2. Any questions, predictions or help in general.

@Evil Homer can you add this to the exam list please :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
How are people feeling about the paper 2 exam next week? I recon there may be one more synoptic question on either an 8 or 15 mark question. Projectiles hasn't come up yet also thinking personality for section B, drugs for section C.
Original post by Nx_2
Exam discussion on AQA A Level PE Paper 2. Any questions, predictions or help in general.

Reply 2
yeah I`m feeling OK my predictions are personality, social cohesion and zajonc, projectile or angular motion, obviously one lever question, and for section C probably drugs but i`m not sure if it will be about the + and - of banning or about the actual drugs themselves and the benefits to performers. I agree you could be right about the synoptic 8 marker or 15 marker but think it could be within the sections of this paper. for example a part of Section B like achievement motivation in the Section C 15 marker
Reply 3
For a long mark question on arousal what would you put for the AO3 ?
Original post by Nx_2

Reply 4
Original post by Nx_2
For a long mark question on arousal what would you put for the AO3 ?

AO1~ Define it and name the theories
AO2 ~ explain each theory,state the problems with the drive theory and I guess state which theory applies best to the question.
AO3 ~ analyse the differencein arousal levels for optimum performance between novice expert, complex simple, introvert extrovert, gross fine and explain in terms of the question.

Maybe Zone of optimal functioning will be on it.But for example if the question was analyse and evaluate how arousal affects cognitive learners the above would be my AO3
Reply 5
Thank you!
Original post by sam18732
AO1~ Define it and name the theories
AO2 ~ explain each theory,state the problems with the drive theory and I guess state which theory applies best to the question.
AO3 ~ analyse the differencein arousal levels for optimum performance between novice expert, complex simple, introvert extrovert, gross fine and explain in terms of the question.

Maybe Zone of optimal functioning will be on it.But for example if the question was analyse and evaluate how arousal affects cognitive learners the above would be my AO3
Reply 6
How did everyone find paper 2?
Reply 7
Found it good in parts and quite difficult in others. Found psych the easier section, quite nice and simple throughout and section A the hardest, we hadn’t been taught how to train during injury rehab properly so didn’t know that one, found the 15 marker hard but other than that, it wasn’t too bad
Original post by Nx_2
How did everyone find paper 2?
Reply 8
Yeh psychology was good. I also found the strength training 8 marker hard as it's a very small topic to have AO2 and AO3 written about it
Original post by LiamWatts
Found it good in parts and quite difficult in others. Found psych the easier section, quite nice and simple throughout and section A the hardest, we hadn’t been taught how to train during injury rehab properly so didn’t know that one, found the 15 marker hard but other than that, it wasn’t too bad
Reply 9
Suprised there wasnt a lever but oh well went well

Original post by sam18732
yeah I`m feeling OK my predictions are personality, social cohesion and zajonc, projectile or angular motion, obviously one lever question, and for section C probably drugs but i`m not sure if it will be about the + and - of banning or about the actual drugs themselves and the benefits to performers. I agree you could be right about the synoptic 8 marker or 15 marker but think it could be within the sections of this paper. for example a part of Section B like achievement motivation in the Section C 15 marker
Thought section A and C were pretty good, especially the 15 markers, but really didn't like the psychology 15 marker on golf and rugby. The strength 8 marker through me a bit as well, as that section is so small in the textbook. I ended up just saying how machine weights are better in early stages pf rehab and free weights better later on.
Anyone remember what was on the exam????
Original post by felicityxh
Anyone remember what was on the exam????

do you remember what the 8 and 15 markers were??? I have my mock in a few days

Latest