The Student Room Group

How to stop feeling inferior as a short dude

It's pretty common knowledge that women prefer tall men. I was talking to a girl today exactly about that. It's because tall men provide a sense of safety or protection, that a short guy would simply never be able to provide for a girl in the same way that a tall guy can. So obviously when it comes to dating it's hard not to feel that you're inadequate. So are there any ways of tackling this or is it just something you live with?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do strength training
Reply 2
Original post by dasda
Do strength training

I do, it's just hard to put on muscle and I'll still look like I'm a 15 year old, just a bit wider.
Find a girl who's short too, there are plenty short girls who like a guy their height!
Loads of women like short men you just need to find them. Getting buff is good though too
Reply 5
Original post by London090
Find a girl who's short too, there are plenty short girls who like a guy their height!

People always say that there's plenty of girls who like short guys but I've yet to find one, like where are they lol.
Reply 6
Success with women does depend on how other people view you, it depends on their approval of you. So if I'm trying to get into a relationship I definitely need approval from women. I don't get that approval and I stay single. So that impacts confidence because I'm failing. Also idk how to meet people who like me for being me, firstly I have a terrible personality and secondly I am terrible physically so it's kinda tough when someone likes your personality but thinks you're too short to date them.
Reply 7
I've known for years that my personality is sub par, I just don't know how to completely change who I am. How do you change your sense of humour, what you're passionate about, the way you make conversation, how shy or confident you feel?
Plenty online
Original post by Anonymous
People always say that there's plenty of girls who like short guys but I've yet to find one, like where are they lol.
It's pretty common knowledge that women prefer tall men. I was talking to a girl today exactly about that. It's because tall men provide a sense of safety or protection, that a short guy would simply never be able to provide for a girl in the same way that a tall guy can. So obviously when it comes to dating it's hard not to feel that you're inadequate. So are there any ways of tackling this or is it just something you live with?

How big is your penis? I don't mind height as long as you're thick and long.
How tall are you?
Just because you can’t find any doesn’t mean they aren’t out there
Height don't matter when you be laying down with yo girl :wink:
Wear high heels
I’m not angry :smile:
You probably just have to live with it. I suppose being confident helps to an extent, but if you're shorter than a girl, then "confidence" is highly unlikely to compensate for the shortness.

At the end of the day, you can't change your height. Short men clearly have it very tough in terms of dating, but "that's life", I guess.

How short are you anyway?
So you are the angry one then?
First of all,

Accept yourself and accept it that you have a decent height no matter what it is and always appreciate your body.
Be thankful that you're healthy and can do some work. Just stop believing in false society standards. Not every guy is 6'1 or 6'2 and not every girl have that mentality. there are girls out there who are 6'+ and boy who are 4-5 feel(Peter Dinklage ;P).
But that is not a reason to think like that bruh. and also your opinion about your height is all that matters.

This answer comes from a female friend of mine who is 5'4.

Don't worry duh, chill out.
(edited 4 years ago)

well shes wrong. nothing wrong with being short im a short girl. short guys are cute too. dw u will find some who will appreciate your height because its beautiful don't ever put yourself down. <3333
Getting accepted into a new group of friends is hard. First how do I find a friend group? I'm not in school anymore where you are basically given friend groups to choose from. I have little in common with anyone at my job so how am I supposed to be friends with them if they wouldn't enjoy anything that I do? Even my closest friends enjoy very little of what i enjoy so it can be hard at times. And then I'm just clumsy and don't know how to make friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending