The Student Room Group

Medicine Graduate Entry Help!

so i didnt get the best GCSEs and im resitting but i was thinking if i did biomedical science and went through the graduate route, the requirements are a lot lower as long as i do well in my degree. I already got A*A*A in a levels but im not sure what i should do. My maths and english arent good they at C but im resitting so i could get minimum As and A* and the maths and english grade so help me!
Original post by alevels29292934
so i didnt get the best GCSEs and im resitting but i was thinking if i did biomedical science and went through the graduate route, the requirements are a lot lower as long as i do well in my degree. I already got A*A*A in a levels but im not sure what i should do. My maths and english arent good they at C but im resitting so i could get minimum As and A* and the maths and english grade so help me!

If you've already achieved A*A*A you 100% should resit your GCSEs and apply for A100 entry. GEM would be a major waste of time and money for you.
Original post by Democracy
If you've already achieved A*A*A you 100% should resit your GCSEs and apply for A100 entry. GEM would be a major waste of time and money for y

what should i resit if im already resitting maths and english to get 2 7s and if i dont get these grades should i just do bio med then graduate
what should i resit if im already resitting maths and english to get 2 7s and if i dont get these grades should i just do bio med then graduate

If u got A*A*A a level then your more then capable of getting good gcse scores. Just focus on smashing your these retakes, then apply for medicine... (cross the next bridge if & when, GEM is much more competitive so just sort out the gcse's and go for medicine, you've demonstrated your ability to achieve top grades, dont waste 3 years of time on money to just end up applying for what you can do next year once you sort out gcse's!)
dont unis look down on resits after 1 year of doing them
Original post by mnot
If u got A*A*A a level then your more then capable of getting good gcse scores. Just focus on smashing your these retakes, then apply for medicine... (cross the next bridge if & when, GEM is much more competitive so just sort out the gcse's and go for medicine, you've demonstrated your ability to achieve top grades, dont waste 3 years of time on money to just end up applying for what you can do next year once you sort out gcse's!)
dont unis look down on resits after 1 year of doing them

yes for competitive courses they look down on resits, did u resit your a levels or get A*A*A first attempt? because if so, in your application it should be made clear that your academic performance in A-levels is what makes you a strong applicant on the academic side of things...
I would try to not let your yr11 scores dictate your Uni career, as long as your PS and other application info is decent i would think Unis could overlook a couple gcse resits as your a levels are very strong and demonstrate your ability
my gcses are currently 1a* 2a rest bs and english lang is 4 and maths is A a 5 which im resitting so if get 2 7s then i will meet min requirements but idk if resitting the others is worth it coz i forgotten all of it lol
Original post by mnot
yes for competitive courses they look down on resits, did u resit your a levels or get A*A*A first attempt? because if so, in your application it should be made clear that your academic performance in A-levels is what makes you a strong applicant on the academic side of things...
I would try to not let your yr11 scores dictate your Uni career, as long as your PS and other application info is decent i would think Unis could overlook a couple gcse resits as your a levels are very strong and demonstrate your ability
my gcses are currently 1a* 2a rest bs and english lang is 4 and maths is A a 5 which im resitting so if get 2 7s then i will meet min requirements but idk if resitting the others is worth it coz i forgotten all of it lol

Yes just meet the minimum requirement GCSE, then apply on the basis of a-levels. You could always email a few Uni admission tutors explaining that for reasons X,Y,Z gcse are **** but im a smart guy my a levels are: A*A*A, would you consider me.
if i did that and they said yeah we would take you, would i apply normally or what?
Original post by mnot
Yes just meet the minimum requirement GCSE, then apply on the basis of a-levels. You could always email a few Uni admission tutors explaining that for reasons X,Y,Z gcse are **** but im a smart guy my a levels are: A*A*A, would you consider me.
if i did that and they said yeah we would take you, would i apply normally or what?

yes, and they wont say we'll take you, theyll probably give u a casual indication of how much they would weight your gcse's but they would also consider BMAT, interview, and the rest of your full ucas application

Quick Reply

Latest