The Student Room Group

not getting paid from work

Scroll to see replies

hi guys im back.I got dismissed today but can i do a tribunal instead
anyone?
Sorry, I can't really give much advice on this one. How has everything been since your dismissal? .3.
Reply 43
Original post by billionaireboy98

I doubt it - doesn't seem like you were an employee.
Original post by IWMTom
I doubt it - doesn't seem like you were an employee.

how comes?he employed me to work there?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by KJEKJE Says Hi
Sorry, I can't really give much advice on this one. How has everything been since your dismissal? .3.

i contacted acas and they were like you can do a tribunal.I work somewhere else and get paid on the day
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 46
how comes?he employed me to work there?

The whole outfit sounded sketchy. Did you get payslips? If not, you probably weren't employed.
Original post by IWMTom
The whole outfit sounded sketchy. Did you get payslips? If not, you probably weren't employed.

we had a verbal agreement of the amount I earn and a timesheet of the hours i worked.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 48
we had a verbal agreement of the amount I earn and a timesheet of the hours i worked.I dont have a payslip

If you don't have an employment contract and you don't have payslips, you weren't employed and therefore there's no employment tribunal to be had.

In my eyes, and likely the eyes of the law, you were acting as an independent contractor.
Who do you coach for?

What do you mean by "dismissed"? By the employer or by the court?
Original post by m17br
Who do you coach for?

its a youth club but dont want to make public
Wait u coach liverpool fc?
Original post by IWMTom
If you don't have an employment contract and you don't have payslips, you weren't employed and therefore there's no employment tribunal to be had.

In my eyes, and likely the eyes of the law, you were acting as an independent contractor.

i called the acas people and said that you dont need a payslip but just need evidence of the hours you worked and any evidence like emails to bring
Original post by Forlaan
Wait u coach liverpool fc?

no:biggrin:i wish though
Original post by lucym911
What do you mean by "dismissed"? By the employer or by the court?

employer
would u be able to guide them to a chapions leageu final?
no:biggrin:i wish though
Original post by Forlaan
would u be able to guide them to a chapions leageu final?

with a team like that then yh
employer

Okay so what did he say when he dismissed you? Because this could go toward your evidence that you were employed (ie if you weren't employed, he couldn't dismiss you). If you can prove that you were employed, you can still go to small claims court as was previously advised.
can u tell me a boit about ur football tactics. as i am also a football coach, i coach AS monaco u17, i also used to be a former football player in the lower division of the scottish league.
with a team like that then yh

Quick Reply

Latest