The Student Room Group

Õpilane's Grow Your Grades!

Scroll to see replies

21st May 2019 - Update
Had a pretty busy few days :smile: Just had my physics test today, that went pretty well :biggrin: Over last weekend I did some more homework and physics revision, and there's a few more things I want to get on with today:
-Programming HW (completed)
-Complete Spanish Quizlet
-Listen to Spanish Quizlet (revision for the listening test)
-Chemistry review (super quick)
-French review (super quick)
-Maths review
-R.E. review (carried from yesterday)

@Study_Girl 7
@Obolinda
@blueberryjelly19
@Themysticalegg
@IsMo987
Hello! 🦄🥀🌹
I am in Year 9 too and your grades are amazing (especially for physics which I really struggle with 🤤). I understand your nerves- I have my end of year exams too!
Good luck! 🦄🥀🌹
P.s- Could I also be tagged please?
Original post by MysticalUnicorn🦄
Hello! 🦄🥀🌹
I am in Year 9 too and your grades are amazing (especially for physics which I really struggle with 🤤). I understand your nerves- I have my end of year exams too!
Good luck! 🦄🥀🌹
P.s- Could I also be tagged please?

Aaaah thank you :smile: I'll make sure to tag you!
Thanks. 😊
Looking forward to your progress. 🦄🥀🌹
Original post by Õpilane
Aaaah thank you :smile: I'll make sure to tag you!
Revision Update!
Hi again! Sorry I haven't properly updated in a while, I've been pretty busy and when I was actually studying, I wanted to just focus on that. Over half term, I've been revising for my science and maths tests (I have also been set further maths and statistics tests, but as these are later in the term and non-streamed subjects I wanted to focus on the other two), as well as completing all of my half term homework. I'm on a break right now, but today I've been using free science lessons (awesome channel!) to revise B2 and take notes. I might do some maths today, but I'm more ahead with that so we'll see how things go. Revision aside, I've had a great half term and I hope you all have too - good luck with any exams coming up :smile:

@MysticalUnicorn🦄
@Study_Girl7
@Obolinda
@Themysticalegg
@IsMo987
@blueberryjelly19
Thanks for the tag. 😊
I am currently studying B2 as well. 😄
Do you do French? If you do, how are you revising?
Also, do you know anything about the English speaking exam?
Sorry for so many questions. Good luck. 😊

Original post by Õpilane
Revision Update!
Hi again! Sorry I haven't properly updated in a while, I've been pretty busy and when I was actually studying, I wanted to just focus on that. Over half term, I've been revising for my science and maths tests (I have also been set further maths and statistics tests, but as these are later in the term and non-streamed subjects I wanted to focus on the other two), as well as completing all of my half term homework. I'm on a break right now, but today I've been using free science lessons (awesome channel!) to revise B2 and take notes. I might do some maths today, but I'm more ahead with that so we'll see how things go. Revision aside, I've had a great half term and I hope you all have too - good luck with any exams coming up :smile:

@MysticalUnicorn🦄
@Study_Girl7
@Obolinda
@Themysticalegg
@IsMo987
@blueberryjelly19
Hiya
my old username is @StudyGirl7 but my new one is @Ivanita-Ariana
Original post by Ivanita-Ariana
Hiya
my old username is @StudyGirl7 but my new one is @Ivanita-Ariana

Thanks for letting me know! Assuming you still want to be tagged, I'll change your name on my tag list :smile:
Thanks for the tag. 😊
I am currently studying B2 as well. 😄
Do you do French? If you do, how are you revising?
Also, do you know anything about the English speaking exam?
Sorry for so many questions. Good luck. 😊

Thanks for responding :smile: I do French and I like taking notes and using quizlet (great for all aspects of the exam), and I really enjoy it! Not sure about the English speaking exam though? Haha we can study B2 together!
(edited 4 years ago)
Do you listen to any French music? I also use quizlet and I find memrise, duolingo and lyricstraining really useful. What are you weakest and strongest assessments for French? My strongest is writing, weakest listening. 😣
I'll ask around for the English speaking, I'll let you know about it.
Lol we can learn about the beauties of bile and digestive enzymes. I just had a mini Biology test on B2 before we broke up. 😄

Sorry for all of the questions btw. 😶
Original post by Õpilane
Thanks for responding :smile: I do French and I like taking notes and using quizlet (great for all aspects of the exam), and I really enjoy it! Not sure about the English speaking exam though? Haha we can study B2 together!
Do you listen to any French music? I also use quizlet and I find memrise, duolingo and lyricstraining really useful. What are you weakest and strongest assessments for French? My strongest is writing, weakest listening. 😣
I'll ask around for the English speaking, I'll let you know about it.
Lol we can learn about the beauties of bile and digestive enzymes. I just had a mini Biology test on B2 before we broke up. 😄

Sorry for all of the questions btw. 😶

No thank you for them! My strongest is writing and me weakest is listening too :smile: haven't tried French music but it's a good idea, thanks! Yep, please do let me know abiut the English and thanks in advance - what exam board do you do? Digestive enzymes are pure beauty as my cat and I are currently finding out.

Good luck! :smile:
Thank goodness- we can both struggle with listening in the years to come. :cry2:
You should try it, some people don't like it but I find it really helps with listening.
For English I do AQA. I pretty much do AQA for every subject other than Sports studies, which I have no clue about. 😓 Wbu?
Omg, in my Biology exam so much came up about enzymes. 😂 Literally, one was about how protein is digested in a meal of steak.
The heart diagrams really annoy me, I accidently mixed the right hand side with the left on the diagram and I put pulmonary vein instead of vena cava, which was fun...

Best of luck too! 😊
Original post by Õpilane
No thank you for them! My strongest is writing and me weakest is listening too :smile: haven't tried French music but it's a good idea, thanks! Yep, please do let me know abiut the English and thanks in advance - what exam board do you do? Digestive enzymes are pure beauty as my cat and I are currently finding out.

Good luck! :smile:
Thank goodness- we can both struggle with listening in the years to come. :cry2:
You should try it, some people don't like it but I find it really helps with listening.
For English I do AQA. I pretty much do AQA for every subject other than Sports studies, which I have no clue about. 😓 Wbu?
Omg, in my Biology exam so much came up about enzymes. 😂 Literally, one was about how protein is digested in a meal of steak.
The heart diagrams really annoy me, I accidently mixed the right hand side with the left on the diagram and I put pulmonary vein instead of vena cava, which was fun...

Best of luck too! 😊

The left and right of the heart is confusing :/ my exam boards are on the opening post, I do AQA English too :smile:
Back in my day there was a channel called MyGCSEScience which saved me if that still exists! Sounds good though! When's your first exam? :biggrin: I need any luck I can get for my exam today, thank you. :rofl:
Original post by Õpilane
Revision Update!

@MysticalUnicorn🦄
@Study_Girl7
@Obolinda
@Themysticalegg
@IsMo987
@blueberryjelly19
Yay! 😊
Original post by Õpilane
The left and right of the heart is confusing :/ my exam boards are on the opening post, I do AQA English too :smile:
What books are you studying for English Lit?
Original post by Themysticalegg
Back in my day there was a channel called MyGCSEScience which saved me if that still exists! Sounds good though! When's your first exam? :biggrin: I need any luck I can get for my exam today, thank you. :rofl:

Thanks, I'll check that channel out :smile: my first exams are mid-late June, but I want to be on top of things as they are the main decider for who gets in to triple science. Good luck again!
What books are you studying for English Lit?

We haven't started our proper books, but we have looked at some Shakespeare and have started to look at the anthology for short stories though :smile:
*Mini Update* - just finished lunch and about to get back to studying, more B2 free science lessons and notes :smile:
oh wow-B2 Cell division- what annoys me is there's nothing in the book on Meiosis only mitosis- but then we get tested on meiosis.:bebored:
Original post by Õpilane
*Mini Update* - just finished lunch and about to get back to studying, more B2 free science lessons and notes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending