The Student Room Group

can i pull of the biggest revision night of the century?

A level computer science exam is on Monday, i am not ready!
I usually dont leave this to the last minute however i feel like when i cram things into my brain i learn more.
The exam is based on component 1 (im doing WJEC btw)
So far from what i have learnt i have realised most of component 1 is usually more based on general knowledge of this a level subject.
Also i have been doing a lot of procrastination, i have been on this website in the last two days more than ever lately. Dont really know why this is. I feel like i have this type of addiction to this website which keeps sucking me in and will not let me out.
Furthermore back to the exam...
My revision for this a level subject alone has always not bee good however these few past weeks i have made dozens on flash cards and have been revising. This past week has been a let down for meas i think i have not really revised a lot as i could have done. This is mostly because of Netflix. I have been treating myself as i think i needed a break from all of the revision i has been doing.
A lot of contradiction is brewing...
However the break i had is still going on, lmao. the break has made me very lazy. I dont really know where i am heading with thread but anyone got any ideas on how i should stop trying to make myself lazy?
The fact that people still think that you learn more when cramming is hilarious, you don’t learn more sorry but if you want to do an all nighter then go for it
why wont i learn more?
Yes you r right, u dont learn more when you cram but not everyone is the same.
Reply 3
3 words for you: Destroy. This. Exam.
On behalf of the TSR community, I believe in you, fellow learner, and have tremendous faith in your ability to pull the all-nighter of the century. Your past is gone and your future awaits; go seize it! All you have is 1 night, but if you're smart about how you learn, one night is enough.
Now close this website and get your ass to work. Make us proud, champ!
Wait a minute, I recognise you - I'm sure you did something similar to this before and documented it on another thread...
yes this is right, i did all of my programming code in one night and aced it.
I like challenges,
Original post by SpacePatroFan189
Wait a minute, I recognise you - I'm sure you did something similar to this before and documented it on another thread...
I dont know why i do this to myself...
Original post by Greywolftwo
The fact that people still think that you learn more when cramming is hilarious, you don’t learn more sorry but if you want to do an all nighter then go for it

Sorry, but you're unmistakably wrong there. Cramming *can* work for some people but it really depends on several factors. Just to put into perspective, for my year 11 mocks I had done no science revision prior to the night before and started at 10:00PM bearing in mind I pay attention in class and already understood most things. From 10:00pm I read the whole science textbook the night before and made no notes whilst doing so up until about 3:00am. Whilst I'm not one to cram anymore, I managed to absorb all the content in 5 hours the night before, and came out with 7s and 8s in each science. However, I don't want to sound big headed, but I'm pretty sure I've got fantastic knowledge retention, so it really depends on the person. I enjoy reading from textbooks as revision, and I manage to absorb all the information - but that only works for some...

Obviously this is GCSE, so there's a lot less content than A level, but this just proves my point. If you already know the A level content fairly well, and have pretty good knowledge retention then it's perfectly possible to pull the revision marathon and learn all the content in a few days. However, judging on how much content there is for A level, it would be risky to do it all the night before as you simply may not have the hours to cover all the content, but that just depends on how well you already know it. 2-3 days IS possible though so you should start working now before you regret your decision in the exam hall!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Greywolftwo

Stop being pretentious. You aren't everyone so how would you know?
Original post by Aadilkharl123
I dont know why i do this to myself...

Also, (may just be me) but pulling an all nighter or only sleeping for 2-3 hours doesn't actually make you that tired when you wake up in the morning which is really good when you have an exam in the morning. It really hits you in the afternoon, or the next day. You'll mess up your sleep schedule, and constantly feel tired until you "repay" your sleep debt.
I pull these all nighters like on a weekly basis now. To get revision done i would do it at 1am to 5am and go asleep till 12...
Reply 11
Of course you can it’s possible. Also take care of your sleep and health because I lose concentration during the day if I don’t get it. Good luck bro.
Reply 12
I'm counting on the weekend for it. I've done **** all today and the rest of the week (maybe excluding wednesday).

Quick Reply

Latest