The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Open Day response

Alright, so I applied for an Open Day at Aston University probably last month and still haven't received a reply. This is odd as on the website it states that I should receive an immediate response..Capture.PNG
(edited 4 years ago)
When's the open day?

It may be that you incorrectly entered the email, but if not then it wouldn't hurt to ring them?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Pkstvdy980
When's the open day?

It may be that you incorrectly entered the email, but if not then it wouldn't hurt to ring them?

The Open Day is on the 5th of July. I've sent them an email but received nothing back
When's the open day?

Also regarding the email, I used the same email to apply for Warwick's open day and got an immediate response
Original post by HarisRahman123
Also regarding the email, I used the same email to apply for Warwick's open day and got an immediate response

Best method is to ring the university directly. Idk any other way sorry. And that's good Warwick replied (heard they're really good :smile: )
Best method is to ring the university directly. Idk any other way sorry. And that's good Warwick replied (heard they're really good :smile: )

Thanks for the tip :smile:
I've done some digging around and found something. It seems that Aston are using this service called, "Eventbrite" and so I've now received confirmation. Thanks very much for you help
i’ve also applied for the open day and received no response - i was thinking they’d contact me closer to the day
Thanks for the tip :smile:
I've done some digging around and found something. It seems that Aston are using this service called, "Eventbrite" and so I've now received confirmation. Thanks very much for you help

Oh yeahhh its eventbrite which most universities use. I had the same for a uni in London. And no problem :smile:
Original post by gsd21
i’ve also applied for the open day and received no response - i was thinking they’d contact me closer to the day

Have a look for an eventbrite email (Haris posted about the email he found)
Original post by gsd21

Right so in order to overcome this I used this link -----> https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/open-day-5-july-tickets-62504138561
That link will let you book an open day for this coming open day on the 5th of July
Awww, hope you guys find the open day useful. I've just finished my final year at Aston. I've really enjoyed my time there. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Awww, hope you guys find the open day useful. I've just finished my final year at Aston. I've really enjoyed my time there. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

I actually have a few questions. The first most important one would be the accomodation prices. I'm new to all this and was looking at some accomodations for the future. I see places such as "The Old Fire Station" look rather nice but are priced at £160 per week and I'm wondering how this is going to be paid. Is it the student loan maintenance (I need an explanation as to what they are lol).

The second question would be, what are the best societies to join? I was looking to maybe start swimming and the gym here
Original post by Anonymous

I've put the uni as insurance and havent really visited but what is the campus like and your experience of the whole university in terms of support. Thank you in advance :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
I actually have a few questions. The first most important one would be the accomodation prices. I'm new to all this and was looking at some accomodations for the future. I see places such as "The Old Fire Station" look rather nice but are priced at £160 per week and I'm wondering how this is going to be paid. Is it the student loan maintenance (I need an explanation as to what they are lol).

The second question would be, what are the best societies to join? I was looking to maybe start swimming and the gym here

I believe you have to find accommodation fees yourself by part time job or from your family/savings. Not entirely sure (another anon btw, haven't begun uni yet)
Have a look for an eventbrite email (Haris posted about the email he found)

thanks!!
Sorry for any confusion,

The FAQ section on our website is referring to registration rather than pre-registration, perhaps we should make that more clear. I can see you’ve found the Eventbrite link, so either you received the email I sent this morning to all pre-registrants or stumbled across the website changes we made.

Your maintenance loan can be spent on whatever you need during the course of your degree, but most will put it towards their accommodation. It is bracketed based on your plans for where you’ll be living and studying, you can find more information here. We also have a number of supplementary talks on our open day such as student finance & clubs and societies, you’ll receive these in the full programme nearer to the time.

In terms of clubs & societies we have over 150 on campus and do have a swimming team. We have a 25m pool on campus which has been operational since 1902 making it one of the oldest in Britain, don’t worry it’s been looked after and refurbished when needed.

If you have any questions just quote me and I’ll get back to you.

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest