The Student Room Group

Why does my penis smell despite washing daily?

There is a strong, fishy smell which doesn't really go away.
I know it's not an STI.
Could it be due to my unbalanced, high-sugar diet?
It's really bothering me, especially at school where people are talking about it behind my back... thanks in advance for any help.

Scroll to see replies

Do you have a foreskin?
Can you/ do you know about pulling back the foreskin, when washing.
Reply 2
Original post by JTfoxlove
Do you have a foreskin?
Can you/ do you know about pulling back the foreskin, when washing.

Yes I have foreskin and I have been pulling it back when washing but it still smells. Am I not pulling it back enough or something?
Um could be... though if it hurts stop. You should expect it to retract over the head of you penis - the mushroom.

You should be able to remove gunk of 'smegma' which can also form a crust. Does this stuff smell fishy?

Failing that a trip to the doctors.

It doesn't sound like anything to worry about but clearly its impacting upon you're happiness and that's not cool.

I doubt your unhealthy diet is the cause but fix that while your at it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by JTfoxlove

You should be able to remove gunk of 'smegma' which can also form a crust. Does this stuff smell fishy?

I'm almost positive I do this. Are there any other possible causes?
Well I'd suggest a trip to your doctors.
Reply 6
If the odor persists, go to a doctor.
Reply 7
It sounds like thrush? It goes away by itself after a week or two, but during that time it'll smell smeggy no matter how much you wash it.
It's GP or pharmacist time. It's quite easy to end up with something like thrush - which often doesn't just 'go away by itself' - without having been sexual with someone else.
The reason your penis smells bad is that you are uncircumcised. All uncircumcised penises smell like that.
That's a very uneducated, unscientific reply.
Original post by CharlesIV
The reason your penis smells bad is that you are uncircumcised. All uncircumcised penises smell like that.

that's a load of *******s
:mob:
Well, I used to have the same problem.
Example: I jerk off last night before bed. I am uncircumcised. I wash my hand off and do a quick hookers wash in the sink with my junk because I’m single, live alone and .... yea.

So in morning I’ll wash up really good. I’ll soap Up and rinse twice. But as soon as I got out the shower and I was drying off, I pressed my one palm into the head of my penis and took a whiff... I was like wtf?!? I JUST showered!!

Well it doesn’t matter... before I shower now a days, I have a small 3-5oz shallow cup that I fill with olive oil. I pull foreskin back, and I try to rest my member in there but I would spill the oil , not enough room etc.
so, with one hand, take the olive oil and massage it ALL OVER your penis and penis foreskin. Keep the skin pulled back all the way, and for a minute or two, massage the olive
Oil all over your head of penis and the entire foreskin (when pulling back, make sure you in fact pulled it all the way back and you can’t feel no skin folds).

Then, take a paper towel.. dab the olive oil off your member.. then jump in shower! Just be careful. It will be slick lol
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm almost positive I do this. Are there any other possible causes?

You could have some hormone imbalance that can cause the unpleasant smell, it would be worth popping over to the GP and asking their opinion. They might be able to advise on healthy eating or prescribe something for you. They shouldn't need to take a peek first so don't worry about that, and don't be shy as they have heard everything before and will take a serious view of it. They don't joke around.
You might want to try ToppCock. It's a leave-on cleanser/deodorant for the penis. It's not a substitute for washing, you still need to wash, rinse and dry properly then apply it on your penis before dressing up. Keeps you fresh down there. Just look it up.
Reply 15
What parts can you apply the toppcock to?
Original post by CharlesIV

I am very pro-circumcision but an uncircumcised penis can still be cleaned satisfactorily if the foreskin retracts fully.
@dalbyc wtf have just found
Reply 18
Original post by stokes123
@dalbyc wtf have just found

wthhhhhh
Original post by dalbyc
wthhhhhh

hahahah

Latest