The Student Room Group

Canadian expat studying law; which offer to accept?

Good day,

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I wanted to ask for some opinions on where I should study. For some background, I am a Canadian with an extensive postsecondary education already (five years of uni, two attending a career-focused college), and have applied to study law in the UK. I have received offers from [University of] Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham, and City Law School in London. I am not sure if anyone here will be familiar with the area, but in Canada I live in a smaller city in southern Ontario, near the Great Lakes.

At this point, I am trying to decide where I should attend; more precisely, where I will live for the next couple years. The main thing I am concerned about is costs, so London is likely out of the picture on that front unless I am eligible for enough money grants, but I also want to live somewhere that I can enjoy the area. I'm not into clubbing or anything like that, and my main interests are either indoors activities or adventuring outside; I enjoy a good trail or a nice beach.

Currently, I am leaning toward Liverpool for ocean access and ease of transport to and around Manchester. With all of that said, I would love to hear from anyone who is familiar with these schools or these areas. I've been sitting on my offers for a couple weeks now, and want to pick one before they start expiring. As such, I am making my decision within the next couple days.

Thanks for reading!
(edited 4 years ago)
Leeds or Liverpool I suppose, Leeds is in Yorkshire though, great for being outdoors if you explore the county.
Moved to Law forum. :smile:
Should be sorted :yes:
Reply 4
Hey, thanks for the replies! I think I'll pick Liverpool. :P
Original post by Newtfriend
Hey, thanks for the replies! I think I'll pick Liverpool. :P

Be warned - they are friendly but they have strange accents and seem to like football ( don't discuss religion or football unless you are prepared to get into an argument)

Quick Reply

Latest