The Student Room Group

What subjects are on each philosophy exam paper?

Not sure what topics I should prepare for
Is this the AQA A-Level specification?
Reply 2
Yes
Original post by SpacePatroFan189
Is this the AQA A-Level specification?
Reply 3
Paper 1 is Moral and Epistemology.
Paper 2 is Metaphysics of the mind and Metaphysics of God.
I have this horrible feeling that innatism might come up on paper 1 this year :frown:
Reply 4
Ohhh thanks so much! I’m not the biggest fan of all of epistemology tbh bahah, good luck anyways :smile:
Original post by Bellee15
I have this horrible feeling that innatism might come up on paper 1 this year :frown:
Original post by Jeesus
Ohhh thanks so much! I’m not the biggest fan of all of epistemology tbh bahah, good luck anyways :smile:

Came back to reply but I see you've already been given a spot-on answer! Good luck!
Original post by Bellee15

If it does, I'd just discuss the Slave Boy argument and Locke/Leibniz's back-and-forth debate about the existence of innate concepts. It's not on the spec, but you could also invoke Peter Carruther's argument based on cognitive developments, too.
Reply 8
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-cadBJb3kY Really recommend this!!!!!! Made by philosophy students doing AQA
Original post by SpacePatroFan189
If it does, I'd just discuss the Slave Boy argument and Locke/Leibniz's back-and-forth debate about the existence of innate concepts. It's not on the spec, but you could also invoke Peter Carruther's argument based on cognitive developments, too.
Reply 9
How did everyone find paper 1? I did really badly on the moral 25 marker.
Any predictions for paper 2 questions?
I do philosophy at university level. I’ll be happy to answer anything people are confused with :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest