The Student Room Group

Student Finance Messing me around

Im estranged from my family so I understand the demand for a lot of proof from student Finance of my situation, but I have been asked to send the same information about my residency from 2017, twice now.

It’s getting annoying because I sent everything off in Mid April and it’s still not sorted and they keep asking for the same evidence even though everything i’ve sent is correct because my sixth form teachers write and check all of it.

has anyone been having similar problems?
Original post by Maaaths
Im estranged from my family so I understand the demand for a lot of proof from student Finance of my situation, but I have been asked to send the same information about my residency from 2017, twice now.

It’s getting annoying because I sent everything off in Mid April and it’s still not sorted and they keep asking for the same evidence even though everything i’ve sent is correct because my sixth form teachers write and check all of it.

Did you send it registered post? Where have your documents gone? Are they saying they have them or lost them?
If you can its probably less effort to just send it off again. Will waste more effort getting upset and it wont help you.

Get the name of the person you are dealing with.
Take copies of the things being sent.
Registered post or recorded delivery.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Did you send it registered post? Where have your documents gone? Are they saying they have them or lost them?
If you can its probably less effort to just send it off again. Will waste more effort getting upset and it wont help you.

Get the name of the person you are dealing with.
Take copies of the things being sent.
Registered post or recorded delivery.

They sent me an automated email saying they’ve received my evidence a few days after I had sent it to them, so I know they have definitely got it before. Those documents were not so important, just letters from school that could be written again by teachers. They sent my passport and stuff back on time and everything luckily, I know people that sent their important stuff and not got it back.

I plan on doing as you said and just send it all again. Ive tried calling today but they’re closed, which obviously isn’t their fault but was still annoying.

I wouldn’t be so annoyed in over circumstances, but there’s a scholarship for estranged students that requires student finance confirmation, and the deadline is next week so I’m kind of in a hurry to get everything sorted.
Original post by Maaaths

Call them and tell them, that’s what happened to me to.
Original post by Maaaths
They sent me an automated email saying they’ve received my evidence a few days after I had sent it to them, so I know they have definitely got it before. Those documents were not so important, just letters from school that could be written again by teachers. They sent my passport and stuff back on time and everything luckily, I know people that sent their important stuff and not got it back.

I plan on doing as you said and just send it all again. Ive tried calling today but they’re closed, which obviously isn’t their fault but was still annoying.

I wouldn’t be so annoyed in over circumstances, but there’s a scholarship for estranged students that requires student finance confirmation, and the deadline is next week so I’m kind of in a hurry to get everything sorted.

explain to them and also notify the scholarship people. Put in the scholarship application and explain what is happening with sfe.
Reply 5
Original post by Discrepancy
Call them and tell them, that’s what happened to me to.

I rang today because I only got the letter today, but they had already closed so I’m just going to get all my evidence and post it, I might as well just get it over and done with
Reply 6
explain to them and also notify the scholarship people. Put in the scholarship application and explain what is happening with sfe.

Ive looked at the guidance for applying to the scholarship and they’ve said I can send them evidence Ive sent to student finance if I haven’t finished setting up Student finance yet so I’ll do that instead, even though it’ll be so annoying, especially doing it all on my own. I know i’m an adult now and stuff but I don’t have the same support other kids do and it sucks
Original post by Maaaths
Ive looked at the guidance for applying to the scholarship and they’ve said I can send them evidence Ive sent to student finance if I haven’t finished setting up Student finance yet so I’ll do that instead, even though it’ll be so annoying, especially doing it all on my own. I know i’m an adult now and stuff but I don’t have the same support other kids do and it sucks

Just get on with it and when its done it is done.
Reply 8
Just get on with it and when its done it is done.

i shall do just that
Reply 9
Hey, just wondering if everything got sorted out in the end? Also, did you only supply a letter/form from a teacher and no one else, as that's all I'm going to be able to send and I'm hoping it will be sufficient (feel free to PM me if you don't feel comfortable putting it here).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending