The Student Room Group

GSCE media eduqas/wjec

Does anyone know if we get the pictures of our core texts in our gsce?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by sarahbondx
Does anyone know if we get the pictures of our core texts in our gsce?

Yes we get the image of the Set Product the question is on. For the representation question in Section A, we also get an unseen resource to compare as well I think
Reply 2
How are you feeling about the media exam on Monday? :s-smilie:
Reply 3
**** there is too much to learn. I'm scared for the second part of the exam tbh like industry questions
Original post by ok123y
How are you feeling about the media exam on Monday? :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by sarahbondx
**** there is too much to learn. I'm scared for the second part of the exam tbh like industry questions

Yeah ikr
There aren’t any past papers or anything to go off on either. But I guess we’re all in the same boat 😐
i don't know anything, i can waffle in the longer answers but if they ask me to define something im ****ed because our class hasnt even been taught media basics
Reply 6
I see what you mean :frown:- but they will probably only be one markers so not that bad
Original post by tanteseo
i don't know anything, i can waffle in the longer answers but if they ask me to define something im ****ed because our class hasnt even been taught media basics
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Has everyone got their coursework marked? That's 30% of the grade so that's kinda reassuring
@ok123y Yeah. I got 58/60, which is a grade 9. Although I don’t the boundaries for the rest of them.
(edited 4 years ago)
I got 57/60 on the coursework. Today, I am just working through the set products, including the industry and audiences sections. You should also note that there will be a 5 marker on context for one of the section A set pieces, which I was not aware of until a few days ago. Good Luck everyone. :smile:
Does anyone have any predictions for the exam tomorrow?
Original post by Joshrobbo1

It is the first year so it is almost impossible to predict. I am 80% sure the first question will not be on the "Quality Street" set piece, as that is the text used for the Sample Assessment Material. The second one is on Pride, so I doubt it will be that either.
@aliferra so what do you think is going to be on the paper?
Reply 13
Original post by Joshrobbo1

For section B there are 2 stepped questions and they can use 2 out of 4 set products:
The Archers, The Sun, Pokemon Go, Spectre.
In the sample materials, the two they used were spectre and the archers so I'm pretty sure there will definitely be either The Sun or Pokemon Go
We haven't learnt any of the newspaper industry side :/
Here are the questions, sorry the text you have may be different but the questions topic will be the same:

Q1. Media language
Quality street OR this girl can

Q2. Representations
Film poster OR Magazine Covers + an unseen thing

Q3. Media Industries
Film (BBFC & ratings) OR Newspapers

Q4. Audiences
Archers or Pokémon Go

This year it’s likely to be:

This girl can
Film posters
Newspapers
Pokemon go
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries will be like?
No I don’t think anyone’s knows. As this is the first year for eduqas doing media with the new grade system (9-1). I’m assuming they will be quite high, as the boundaries were high with the old grade system, it was like 70% for an 8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmRjYjf7yUE&list=PLtsOjyS9oHR0dPx7Z7KXNailjrKUSXmuS&index=18
this is a secondary specimen paper which should change some of ur predictions
i think the grade boundaries will be low quite honestly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending