The Student Room Group

MINERVA

Hey, you guys so for a while I've been considering colleges and I think Minerva is the right one for me but since it just opened up, I'm a bit skeptical. Does anyone have any info on Minerva except what's on the site?
It seems cool, go for it. I thought it was a University though
Reply 3
Pretty sure Unjaded Jade is going there
Reply 4
I did a lot of research on it as I was interested in going a while back and it sounds really fun being in different countries and everything but the main thing that I didnt like was the lack of a physical campus ... other than that it sounds perfect
Reply 5
She totally is
Love her vids
Original post by Megxn0
Pretty sure Unjaded Jade is going there
Unjaded Jade did a informational video on youtube as she is going there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOKYJdYT-LI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezdRuVQk07U

These are helpful to watch if you're thinking about it! :smile:
Original post by amaracchi
Hey, you guys so for a while I've been considering colleges and I think Minerva is the right one for me but since it just opened up, I'm a bit skeptical. Does anyone have any info on Minerva except what's on the site?
Reply 7
Original post by algebra123
She totally is
Love her vids

Sameee, she’s so sweet
Is the reason you chose it influenced by Jade doing it would you say? Idk to me it seems very expensive for what you get. I understand the freedom of travelling and the experiences you get will be second to none, and maybe it's justifiable if it was cheaper, but doesn't it work out to like over £20,000 a year plus flights plus food and general living? Without anything tangible coming from it like no campus/ no lectures it just seems ridiculously overpriced, personally I couldn't justify it. And because it's US based the debts aren't written off or depend on your salary, so it really is a big financial commitment.

That being said if you really want to do it go for it, just be prepared for the heavy debt and be realistic about what your're receiving for the money you pay.

Original post by amaracchi

Quick Reply

Latest