The Student Room Group

Do you have questions about Christianity?

Hi, so I'm a Christian and was wondering if anyone had any questions for me about what I believe and why.

Feel free to ask whatever but please be respectful of each other's views :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Do you believe that the bible should be followed literally?
Hi, so personally I don't think everything in the Bible should be followed literally and it is important to look at the context in which things were written.

For example, the creation story splits it up into 7 days however through my study of science I believe that these 7 days are simply just periods of time but called days to make it easier for readers to understand.

Also, as the teaching in the Bible was from a long time ago it is important to understand the views at the time and use the ideas to then relate to current life without taking everything completely literally.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask anything else
Original post by StevenP83
Do you believe that the bible should be followed literally?
if jesus was a part of god, and god was immortal, how did jesus die? also, why was the death of jesus necessary for the sins of humanity?
Original post by sophiedrew2000
Hi, so personally I don't think everything in the Bible should be followed literally and it is important to look at the context in which things were written.

For example, the creation story splits it up into 7 days however through my study of science I believe that these 7 days are simply just periods of time but called days to make it easier for readers to understand.

Also, as the teaching in the Bible was from a long time ago it is important to understand the views at the time and use the ideas to then relate to current life without taking everything completely literally.

That’s really insightful, thank you 😊
if you were to die today, are you 100% sure you'd go to heaven?
That's a really good question! So I believe that when Jesus came to Earth he came fully human but also God, which allowed him to die but then also gave him the power to raise back to life.

Because everyone has sinned, according to the Bible we all deserve punishment of death. However, in the old testament, God's followers regularly made sacrifices to account for their sins - each sacrifice was temporary so had to be done regularly. But Jesus came as the ultimate sacrifice, dying instead of us, so we wouldn't need to make any more sacrifices - this means when we die and reach judgement God will see us as blameless and perfect like Jesus.

Hope this makes more sense!
Original post by Gent2324
if jesus was a part of god, and god was immortal, how did jesus die? also, why was the death of jesus necessary for the sins of humanity?
Do ginger's have souls?
Reply 8
That's a really good question! So I believe that when Jesus came to Earth he came fully human but also God, which allowed him to die but then also gave him the power to raise back to life.

Because everyone has sinned, according to the Bible we all deserve punishment of death. However, in the old testament, God's followers regularly made sacrifices to account for their sins - each sacrifice was temporary so had to be done regularly. But Jesus came as the ultimate sacrifice, dying instead of us, so we wouldn't need to make any more sacrifices - this means when we die and reach judgement God will see us as blameless and perfect like Jesus.

Hope this makes more sense!

Don't you think its weird that to become sinless you need a blood sacrifice? Not trying to be disrespectful, but it intrigues me.
I would say yes! After many years of learning more about God and the arguments for and against his existence as well as seeing my sister and good friend healed, I believe that God exists and the Bible is true. God promises eternal life for everyone who trusts in Jesus - John 3:16, therefore having given my life to God and placing my trust in him I am certain that when I die i will go to heaven.
Original post by Leviathan1611
if you were to die today, are you 100% sure you'd go to heaven?
I think this article explains it really well: https://www.lookingforgod.com/questions-and-answers/category/77/question/1107/
Original post by ibyghee
Don't you think its weird that to become sinless you need a blood sacrifice? Not trying to be disrespectful, but it intrigues me.
I would say yes! After many years of learning more about God and the arguments for and against his existence as well as seeing my sister and good friend healed, I believe that God exists and the Bible is true. God promises eternal life for everyone who trusts in Jesus - John 3:16, therefore having given my life to God and placing my trust in him I am certain that when I die i will go to heaven.

okay, what do you mean by "Given my life to God"?

and is there anything you can do to lose your salvation?
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Do ginger's have souls?

why wouldn't they?
why wouldn't they?

South Park told me so
@JoshDarnIt ah I see. South Park got that wrong, gingers do have souls.
@JoshDarnIt ah I see. South Park got that wrong, gingers do have souls.

I was just joking anyways :tongue:

Do you believe all living beings have souls? Animals, plants etc?
Original post by JoshDarnIt
I was just joking anyways :tongue:

Do you believe all living beings have souls? Animals, plants etc?

humans have a soul, I don't believe animals and plants have a soul.

Wow! As a Christian myself, I find it interesting to hear what other young Christians believe. Funnily enough, I agree with a lot of what you have said in this thread. I don't think many Christians are as educated on the context of the bible, that really help to understand why Jesus said and did certain things. ❤️
Hi, so I'm a Christian and was wondering if anyone had any questions for me about what I believe and why.

Feel free to ask whatever but please be respectful of each other's views :smile:

What does human flesh and blood taste like?
humans have a soul, I don't believe animals and plants have a soul.

Okay fair enough. I disagree but I respect your opinion :cute:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending