The Student Room Group

all nighter tomorrow

i've got history on moday and i'm semi prepared.

do u think 10 cans of monster throughout the day and night will notmess me up for the exam.

i'll be doing like 6 hours tmrw and until like 4am to get 2 hrs sleep(or just not sleep at all)>
exam is in the morning .

any experienced all nighters give me advice and lmk how it went 4 u

Scroll to see replies

whats the point? wake up at 5-6am to do some revision
Original post by sqrt of 5
whats the point? wake up at 5-6am to do some revision

i wake up at 4/5 everyday and get carried away.

point is to memorise my flashcards given the extra time.

have u ever done it?
I have done it before, it was for GCSE biology exam adrenaline helped stay awake then I just came home and took a nap
I got a A in that exam (low A but still an A) which Imo was definitely worth it since I had done no revision beforehand at all and it definitely went better than I thought. Saying that though, it was my last exam so I didn't have to worry about any more revision
Crime and Punishment Edexcel? You'll be fine, honestly.
I think you'll crash hard and during the exam so I think it would be better to go to sleep earlier but then wake up at 4/5 to revise
You do not want to do an all nighter.

Bad, bad idea.
Original post by Rid The Kid
i've got history on moday and i'm semi prepared.

do u think 10 cans of monster throughout the day and night will notmess me up for the exam.

i'll be doing like 6 hours tmrw and until like 4am to get 2 hrs sleep(or just not sleep at all)>
exam is in the morning .

any experienced all nighters give me advice and lmk how it went 4 u

Once did an all-nighter for my chemistry mock (got an 8)
I was shattered in the morning ...tbh all you really need is determination...idk why I was soo motivated
i wake up at 4/5 everyday and get carried away.

point is to memorise my flashcards given the extra time.

have u ever done it?

yea
before:
-eat
-take a nap 2/3 hrs ish
-drink coffee
-move around the room
take a few breaks
-go to bed at 5.30 and wake up at 6

i did it 2 weeks ago cuz i had cs and chem on Thursday
Original post by fio.rella.
I have done it before, it was for GCSE biology exam adrenaline helped stay awake then I just came home and took a nap
I got a A in that exam (low A but still an A) which Imo was definitely worth it since I had done no revision beforehand at all and it definitely went better than I thought. Saying that though, it was my last exam so I didn't have to worry about any more revision

dang,
Original post by RazzzBerries
Crime and Punishment Edexcel? You'll be fine, honestly.

nooo. warfare through time. from 1250-2000. and other crap.changes in weapon. all the war.
I think you'll crash hard and during the exam so I think it would be better to go to sleep earlier but then wake up at 4/5 to revise

bruh dont scare me like that
Original post by TheNamesBond.
You do not want to do an all nighter.

Bad, bad idea.

above :frown:
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Once did an all-nighter for my chemistry mock (got an 8)
I was shattered in the morning ...tbh all you really need is determination...idk why I was soo motivated

im doing hist at a-level so im semi motivated.
yea
before:
-eat
-take a nap 2/3 hrs ish
-drink coffee
-move around the room
take a few breaks
-go to bed at 5.30 and wake up at 6

i did it 2 weeks ago cuz i had cs and chem on Thursday

i might like sleep at 8 wake up at 3 until then.

nooo. warfare through time. from 1250-2000. and other crap.changes in weapon. all the war.

Urgh. Sounds similar to Crime and Punishment, we're 1000-present. :'(
Considering you want to do it for A-Level (and it's a good one to pull up for Law applications, because you want to do Law right? I could be wrong :mmm: ), I'd say stay up a couple of hours, but make sure you get enough sleep so you actually are awake to write lmao.
Good luck :hugs:
i've only done three all nighters and, although i didn't drink any energy drinks, they didn't go well

first one was the night before results day. no work obviously, didn't anticipate sleeping well, there was a good Twitch stream i wanted to watch instead of sleeping. ended up falling asleep an hour before results came out, only woke up because my dad phoned me, went straight back to sleep

second one was for a hackathon. night went fine but fell asleep around 9am, napped for an hour and felt awful for the rest of the day

third one was at uni. didn't have any work due the day after, just didn't feel like sleeping. fell asleep for 2/3 hours at 9am and felt alright for the rest of the day

i don't recommend them but some people can continue well into the next day unscathed. i'd suggest doing a practice run some other time before you try before an exam
I believe in you..just power through the night...sleep for a while before you start thou....or split your time and do some hours today to buy yourself some sleep
(edited 4 years ago)

bruh dont scare me like that

i might like sleep at 8 wake up at 3 until then.

if you're semi-motivated start now. divide your revision in 2 parts
if this is your first all nighter be careful cuz you will fall as sleep during the exam without enough sleep
if you're semi-motivated start now. divide your revision in 2 parts
if this is your first all nighter be careful cuz you will fall as sleep during the exam without enough sleep

bruh im 2 lazy rn im gonna watch soe videos and go sleep at like 11/12. then wake up at 8. i might just sleep at 8 tmrw and wake up at 3 tostart. thats like 7 hours of sleep.
bruh im 2 lazy rn im gonna watch soe videos and go sleep at like 11/12. then wake up at 8. i might just sleep at 8 tmrw and wake up at 3 tostart. thats like 7 hours of sleep.

That's not too bad of a plan:h:
I believe in you..just power through the night...sleep for a while before you start thou....or split your time and do some hours today to buy yourself some sleep

nice knowing that! i'll do the whole day+some hours of my sleep if hat makes sense.
Original post by HoldThisL
i've only done three all nighters and, although i didn't drink any energy drinks, they didn't go well

first one was the night before results day. no work obviously, didn't anticipate sleeping well, there was a good Twitch stream i wanted to watch instead of sleeping. ended up falling asleep an hour before results came out, only woke up because my dad phoned me, went straight back to sleep

second one was for a hackathon. night went fine but fell asleep around 9am, napped for an hour and felt awful for the rest of the day

third one was at uni. didn't have any work due the day after, just didn't feel like sleeping. fell asleep for 2/3 hours at 9am and felt alright for the rest of the day

i don't recommend them but some people can continue well into the next day unscathed. i'd suggest doing a practice run some other time before you try before an exam

now that its 2 late so do it today, i'll try it for the 3 exams i have after this week maybe.
Original post by RazzzBerries
Urgh. Sounds similar to Crime and Punishment, we're 1000-present. :'(
Considering you want to do it for A-Level (and it's a good one to pull up for Law applications, because you want to do Law right? I could be wrong :mmm: ), I'd say stay up a couple of hours, but make sure you get enough sleep so you actually are awake to write lmao.
Good luck :hugs:

thank god the other 2 papers are easier so i'll anagae i think. i'll pull thru 5 hours of sleep i guess. thanks :hugs:
That's not too bad of a plan:h:

do you have hist tomorrow as well?
thank god the other 2 papers are easier so i'll anagae i think. i'll pull thru 5 hours of sleep i guess. thanks :hugs:

:gthumb:
take a nap at some point (are you sleeping tonight? get to bed early today if you can) or sleep at least 3-4 hours

if you can't then yes caffeine is effective. you're lucky your exam is in the morning since by 2-3pm you'll feel like **** so take a nap when you get home.

a few weeks ago i had AS exams. i constantly slept at 2 and woke up at 6 and I would drink coffee in the morning to pull through. i'm quite healthy so i rarely consume caffeine and one cup of strong coffee a day was enough to get me through my exams.

between 4am-5am you might suddenly feel super exhausted (idk if it's just me but that's the hardest hour to get through awake) otherwise you should be okay. good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest