- Latin(B)
- Computer Science(C)
- English Lit and Lang(D)
- Maths(C)
- Spanish(B)
- Chemistry(B)
- BiologY(C)
- Physics(C)

I have been cramming night before and morning before and sleeping like 4 hours and having constant anxiety attacks for all of them I think I am going to fail all. I have definitely failed english lit I literally came out crying I am so scared how my indian parents and other poeple judge me when they ask for my grades. I think I might get c and Bs in everything I really dont want to disappoint them I wanna do aerospace engineering in uni will my gcses affect my life. I am predicted 6s and 7s but I am going to fail.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I feel similar although I'm doing A-Levels. You can choose to retake your exams no matter your result. Mindset is important during exams and it's best to keep positive (I fail at doing this most of the time). My dad went to uni in his 30s and changed his career path completely, so you don't have to stick to one career path - you might find that you'd be better at something else or not enjoying a job that much. I'm going to try and get relevant work experience, which can be very beneficial for yourself and a job that you apply for in the future.
As much as cramming is useful before an exam, there needs to be a balance between sleep and working.
I agree with spending a bit more time working and a bit less sleeping if you really need to do more work, but 4 hours is far too little and it would severely affect your performance during the exam, making the work that you did the night before more ineffective. I understand you may find sleep much more difficult due to stress, but try to achieve at least 6 hours sleep, preferably at least 7. It would really help with the rest of your exams.

As to the rest of it, all you have control over is whether you do your best or not. Only you know if you tried hard or not, and only that will determine whether you feel guilty or not after the test. It's okay to cry after the test it just shows you care about your grades, but your parents don't have the control to make you do well if you can't. Your life is not your in parent's control, and they shouldn't make you feel guilty when you know you did your best.

Good luck with your exams, you won't fail if you do work hard and looking at your predicted grades. Just get good sleep and work hard for the last 2 weeks of hell and then it's freedom.
Original post by lalaloopsy123
I think I am going to fail all my gcses I take and my predictions:

- Geography(B)
- Latin(B)
- Computer Science(C)
- Maths(C)
- Spanish(B)
- Chemistry(B)
- BiologY(C)
- Physics(C)

I have been cramming night before and morning before and sleeping like 4 hours and having constant anxiety attacks for all of them I think I am going to fail all. I have definitely failed english lit I literally came out crying I am so scared how my indian parents and other poeple judge me when they ask for my grades. I think I might get c and Bs in everything I really dont want to disappoint them I wanna do aerospace engineering in uni will my gcses affect my life. I am predicted 6s and 7s but I am going to fail.
I feel the similar way I think I got
maths 4
English lit 4
English lang 4
combined science 3'2
business U
Re 6
It
textile U
Original post by Amnz_02
maths 4
English lit 4
English lang 4
combined science 3'2
business U
Re 6
It
textile U

same as you but I'm pretty much depressed, I revise all day and barely pick up anything
awwh just don't lose ur hope keep on working but I found science really hard and I know for sure I got 3
Original post by taranmistry
same as you but I'm pretty much depressed, I revise all day and barely pick up anything
Original post by Amnz_02
awwh just don't lose ur hope keep on working but I found science really hard and I know for sure I got 3

wait have u already done Ur GCSE?
I want to do 2 a-levels and a btec I'm trying to push my grade as much as I can
I've done half of my gcses 9 left but I founded science really hard some of the question I missed or I just waffled that's good keep it up xx

Original post by taranmistry
wait have u already done Ur GCSE?
I want to do 2 a-levels and a btec I'm trying to push my grade as much as I can
Reply 8

- Geography(B)
- Latin(B)
- Computer Science(C)
- Maths(C)
- Spanish(B)
- Chemistry(B)
- BiologY(C)
- Physics(C)

As long as you give everything your best shot is the main thing. Keep calm try and focus on your breathing techniques. Change your thought process think with a clear mind. I am going to try my hardest stop worrying about what other people think. Such people who judge you will come and go.

You are going to work to the best of your ability and achieve the best you can for yourself first and foremost.

As long as you can put your hand on your heart and say I've done the best I possibly can, thats what counts the most.

Don't let society make you feel bad!

Now head down you can so do this but stop worrying about those around you!
Reply 9
revise in chunks and take frequent points -summarise key points
Original post by Amnz_02
Short notes basically
Original post by garchas
tyyy xx
Original post by garchas
You're not going to fail! Instead of cramming everything, be more productive. Consider the topics you really struggle on and focus slightly more on key points, rather than depth. Sciences and maths - QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS. The markschemes are more useful than the revision guides because you know what to answer with. Do a question, mark it. You can do this!
Original post by aa-k
I feel similar although I'm doing A-Levels. You can choose to retake your exams no matter your result. Mindset is important during exams and it's best to keep positive (I fail at doing this most of the time). My dad went to uni in his 30s and changed his career path completely, so you don't have to stick to one career path - you might find that you'd be better at something else or not enjoying a job that much. I'm going to try and get relevant work experience, which can be very beneficial for yourself and a job that you apply for in the future.

Thank you so much for the advice you will do amazing i promise good luck!!
Original post by EmRep13
You're not going to fail! Instead of cramming everything, be more productive. Consider the topics you really struggle on and focus slightly more on key points, rather than depth. Sciences and maths - QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS. The markschemes are more useful than the revision guides because you know what to answer with. Do a question, mark it. You can do this!

thanks im feelin so much better ty!!!
Original post by garchas
As long as you give everything your best shot is the main thing. Keep calm try and focus on your breathing techniques. Change your thought process think with a clear mind. I am going to try my hardest stop worrying about what other people think. Such people who judge you will come and go.

You are going to work to the best of your ability and achieve the best you can for yourself first and foremost.

As long as you can put your hand on your heart and say I've done the best I possibly can, thats what counts the most.

Don't let society make you feel bad!

Now head down you can so do this but stop worrying about those around you!

aw this is so sweet thank you so much i'll try my best!!

- Geography(B)
- Latin(B)
- Computer Science(C)
- Maths(C)
- Spanish(B)
- Chemistry(B)
- BiologY(C)
- Physics(C)

My dad failed the majority of his GCSEs and A levels but has still managed to achieve a good career for himself. GCSEs aren't a life-changing thing, there are career out there that don't necessarily care for them or the academic side. Also, you can always retake exams and i promise you you're going to do fine!!
Original post by Angusburgerman
As much as cramming is useful before an exam, there needs to be a balance between sleep and working.
I agree with spending a bit more time working and a bit less sleeping if you really need to do more work, but 4 hours is far too little and it would severely affect your performance during the exam, making the work that you did the night before more ineffective. I understand you may find sleep much more difficult due to stress, but try to achieve at least 6 hours sleep, preferably at least 7. It would really help with the rest of your exams.

As to the rest of it, all you have control over is whether you do your best or not. Only you know if you tried hard or not, and only that will determine whether you feel guilty or not after the test. It's okay to cry after the test it just shows you care about your grades, but your parents don't have the control to make you do well if you can't. Your life is not your in parent's control, and they shouldn't make you feel guilty when you know you did your best.

Good luck with your exams, you won't fail if you do work hard and looking at your predicted grades. Just get good sleep and work hard for the last 2 weeks of hell and then it's freedom.

Thank you so much I'll try my best but yk the stereotypical indian society when everyone gets all 9s around you and everyone compares you and having to keep your parents reputation up and then of course the depression you get from seeing them not happy when they see your results. I feel like my school is going to kick me out. I was thinking about doing pscyhology or physics maths or chemistry but I need at least a 7 in them my parents are going to be humiliated.
Original post by Amnz_02
maths 4
English lit 4
English lang 4
combined science 3'2
business U
Re 6
It
textile

Don't worry we can fail together.
No jokes just work your ass off for the next two weeks and give it your absolute all and walah freeeeeeee at lastttt.
Lov I am withhh youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!

Original post by cauliflower cat
My dad failed the majority of his GCSEs and A levels but has still managed to achieve a good career for himself. GCSEs aren't a life-changing thing, there are career out there that don't necessarily care for them or the academic side. Also, you can always retake exams and i promise you you're going to do fine!!

I am trying my hardest to think that and thnak you so much. I really wanna try to get into like UCL or Uni of exeter or leeds do you think they will look at my gcse grade if i fail Ik like it far far away but yea
even if u didn't get the grades u want u can still retake it and get the better grades x
I am trying my hardest to think that and thnak you so much. I really wanna try to get into like UCL or Uni of exeter or leeds do you think they will look at my gcse grade if i fail Ik like it far far away but yea

Quick Reply

Latest