The Student Room Group

Should I accept defeat - pls answer x

I’m so stupid I forgot to revise for biology and my exam is tomorrow, I’m in year ten so it’s not as detrimental (when I do GCSEs I will be proper prepared) but now I feel really down about everything. I’m making quick notes and looking st the specification but I don’t think I will do well. Should I just accept that I may potentially fail and be grateful that GCSEs are next year for me and I can improve?

Scroll to see replies

you are blessed this is just a school test and not a real life changing exam
so dw
You might as well try your best. Although the grade you get might not be as good as the grade you would’ve got, accepting defeat won’t do you any good. Try your best, good luck!!!
just try for it, what's the harm?
Glorious1677 is right. I would say watch youtube videos related to your specification. They're usually short and easier to learn and remember than reading off a book. It is too late but hey, anything could happen. Bless you
Just try you hardest..watch summary videos and do quick practice questions....good luck and tell us how it goes:smile:
It's not your actual GCSEs, so you can learn from this mistake not to put off revision. Don't accept defeat.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m so stupid I forgot to revise for biology and my exam is tomorrow, I’m in year ten so it’s not as detrimental (when I do GCSEs I will be proper prepared) but now I feel really down about everything. I’m making quick notes and looking st the specification but I don’t think I will do well. Should I just accept that I may potentially fail and be grateful that GCSEs are next year for me and I can improve?
Reply 7
What's the point in giving up if you could put in a little bit of effort and do well?

All I can say is Primrose kitten, watch her videos as they are very helpful
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Glorious1677
you are blessed this is just a school test and not a real life changing exam
so dw

Thank you so much this has really calmed me, I guess I will have to try so hard, thank you for replying btw
You might as well try your best. Although the grade you get might not be as good as the grade you would’ve got, accepting defeat won’t do you any good. Try your best, good luck!!!

Thank you x
Original post by Last_of_us
Glorious1677 is right. I would say watch youtube videos related to your specification. They're usually short and easier to learn and remember than reading off a book. It is too late but hey, anything could happen. Bless you

I’ll do that and make some notes, thank you x
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Just try you hardest..watch summary videos and do quick practice questions....good luck and tell us how it goes:smile:

Yh I’ll watch summary vids and I’ll definitely update and say how it went but don’t expect too much lol
Original post by Greywolftwo
All I can say is Primrose kitten, watch her videos as they are very helpful

I’ve always heard about that lady but never thought she was helpful like that, I thought she was just for advice I’ll check her out
Original post by iseesparksfly
What's the point in giving up if you could put in a little bit of effort and do well?

I am putting in effort but it’s a lot and I have more than one exam tomorrow
Try your best. I recommend Primrose Kitten on YouTube. Also remember that no one does incredibly well on their mocks so don't feel too pressured.
Original post by Emrockpurple
Try your best. I recommend Primrose Kitten on YouTube. Also remember that no one does incredibly well on their mocks so don't feel too pressured.

Thanks, it’s not my mocks either it’s just end of years my mocks are next year ahah
Then you're trying your best, I'm not trying to say that they will go well because they might not, but if you try your best then you'll have no regrets
I am putting in effort but it’s a lot and I have more than one exam tomorrow
Okay, the exam was yesterday but I forgot to update it was okay I’ll just wait til I get my percentage next week lol
Reply 19
Don't worry. I once got an E in Y10 Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending