The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

SSEES UCL applications (2019 entry)

hey all,

i am applying to ucl ssees for politics, sociology and east European studies and was curious about others applying for the same course or for a ssees course in general.

i want to know;
-course
-A level subjects
-predicted grades
-rejected/given offer (and what offer)

personally, my info looks like this
-politics,sociology and east European studies
-Sociology, Philosophy and Fine art
-A*AA
-not sent my application yet
Original post by Teamsesh
hey all,

i am applying to ucl ssees for politics, sociology and east European studies and was curious about others applying for the same course or for a ssees course in general.

i want to know;
-course
-A level subjects
-predicted grades
-rejected/given offer (and what offer)

personally, my info looks like this
-politics,sociology and east European studies
-Sociology, Philosophy and Fine art
-A*AA
-not sent my application yet

Yes I applied for the same course on Dec 14. Haven't got the decision yet.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by hetalselva
Yes I applied for the same course on Dec 14. Haven't got the decision yet.

i've just received my offer. any update for you?

Congrats. I received an offer on Jan 29 too. I am concerned about the course though. Think it will be too region specific.

Your thoughts ?
Reply 4
Original post by hetalselva
Congrats. I received an offer on Jan 29 too. I am concerned about the course though. Think it will be too region specific.

Your thoughts ?

I was thinking the same thing. I was going to firm it but now I think it's too region specific and I don't want to limit myself so I'm going to firm IR at Exeter instead.
How about you?
Hey! anyone got the same offer with me(BA Economics and Business with East European Studies)? i just got rejected from LSE last night:frown: so i might make UCL as my firm choice...... and i'm also worried about whether it is too region specific?
I was thinking the same thing. I was going to firm it but now I think it's too region specific and I don't want to limit myself so I'm going to firm IR at Exeter instead.
How about you?
Heyyy, yeah also got the econ and business course, probably gonna ask ucl to switch to straight econ, or stats finance and econ instead. If not, I’ll probably go Warwick
Original post by Sophyyy_Wen
Hey! anyone got the same offer with me(BA Economics and Business with East European Studies)? i just got rejected from LSE last night:frown: so i might make UCL as my firm choice...... and i'm also worried about whether it is too region specific?
How about you?

I did not firm UCL either.
hi there! I'm still struggling the choices, I wonder how can I ask for the major switch? What will be your final decision?
Original post by IncomingIB
Heyyy, yeah also got the econ and business course, probably gonna ask ucl to switch to straight econ, or stats finance and econ instead. If not, I’ll probably go Warwick
If I get the A* in maths, I’m going to switch to straight econ, or statistics economics and finance. If they say no, I don’t really mind. I firmed because it’s still a pretty good degree and it’s ucl
hi Sophyyy_Wen, if you don't mind, may I know what did u got for your A-levels. Thank you
hi what was your predicted grades
Reply 12
Original post by smaya001
hi what was your predicted grades

my predicted grades were A*AA and my offer was AAB but I ended up rejecting it
what did you end up firming and insuring?
my predicted grades were A*AA and my offer was AAB but I ended up rejecting it
Reply 14
Original post by smaya001
what did you end up firming and insuring?

firmed exeter and insured royal Holloway but don't think Exeters gonna take me in with how **** exams have been so far
Hi Ikramkamal, I learnt IB instead of A-level, but i got 41 as my PG. Did you firm UCL or ...?
Original post by Ikramkamal
hi Sophyyy_Wen, if you don't mind, may I know what did u got for your A-levels. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending