The Student Room Group

bad odor from vag

i keep going to the doctors and they keep prescribing me with medication and the odour doesn’t go away. and they’re sure i have bacterial vaginosis or thrush. even though, they have actually tested it and have said they don’t see anything wrong but it’s probably vaginal dryness. they gave me cream for dry skin and that hasn’t worked. why can’t they just tell me what it is so i can stop feeling depressed about my odor?

Scroll to see replies

Can you describe your symptoms to me please and are you sexually active? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Fermion.
Can you describe your symptoms to me please and are you sexually active? :smile:

Itchy Vag, white discharge like glue + very fishy odor + black clumpy bits coming from my vagina like cottage cheese but black. nope i’m a virgin :smile: but I do masturbate(if that makes a difference).
Original post by Anonymous
Itchy Vag, white discharge like glue + very fishy odor + black clumpy bits coming from my vagina like cottage cheese but black. nope i’m a virgin :smile: but I do masturbate(if that makes a difference).

Thrush usually doesn’t have a fishy odour and can cause your vagina to smell yeasty, or almost like cheesy. It sounds like you have bacterial vaginosis. What medicine were you prescribed?
Reply 4
Thrush usually doesn’t have a fishy odour and can cause your vagina to smell yeasty, or almost like cheesy. It sounds like you have bacterial vaginosis. What medicine were you prescribed?

The smell is just very messy. if it’s not fishy, it just smells bad. I was given pills directly to put in there and that didn’t work. I don’t remember the names but i’ve had a billion different ones. They stop for an hour and come back. Or they’ve given me the oral ones. NOTHING has worked.
Reply 5
I would go to the gynaecologist rather than a GP if it keeps occurring. Give the medication as chance- If you aren't sexually active then it won't be anything too bad, but if it continues def go to a gynaecologist!
Reply 6
Original post by cow2000
I would go to the gynaecologist rather than a GP if it keeps occurring. Give the medication as chance- If you aren't sexually active then it won't be anything too bad, but if it continues def go to a gynaecologist!

I did! I went to a sexual health clinic because i’m that desperate and they actually had to stick this thing into my hole and went to test it and the results were they “don’t know”. All that pain i endured was for nothing! The lady said she even saw the discharge coming out. How embarrassing!
The smell is just very messy. if it’s not fishy, it just smells bad. I was given pills directly to put in there and that didn’t work. I don’t remember the names but i’ve had a billion different ones. They stop for an hour and come back. Or they’ve given me the oral ones. NOTHING has worked.

How long have you been taking the medications and have any of the symptoms improved since then. E.g clumpy discharge is gone but still smells?

I would recommend you go back to the GP and ask for a referral to the gynaecologist. Explain to them that your symptoms are not improving. In the mean time wash the area regularly (no soaps) and continue taking your medication. Is the medication your taking canesbalance?
Reply 8
How long have you been taking the medications and have any of the symptoms improved since then. E.g clumpy discharge is gone but still smells?

I would recommend you go back to the GP and ask for a referral to the gynaecologist. Explain to them that your symptoms are not improving. In the mean time wash the area regularly (no soaps) and continue taking your medication. Is the medication your taking canesbalance?

There is no medication left, it’s only for a few days and that’s it. It’s not a repeat one. I’ve been going to the doctors since 2014. So many medicines since then. It used to be EXTREMELY fishy that people actually used to run away from me in the secondary school cafeteria and scream. That doesn’t happen as much anymore. But it still is super fishy! and my arse smells horrible too. i’m extremely insecure about this :frown: I have a shower and it smells ok for like an hour then it smells bad.
There is no medication left, it’s only for a few days and that’s it. It’s not a repeat one. I’ve been going to the doctors since 2014. So many medicines since then. It used to be EXTREMELY fishy that people actually used to run away from me in the secondary school cafeteria and scream. That doesn’t happen as much anymore. But it still is super fishy! and my arse smells horrible too. i’m extremely insecure about this :frown: I have a shower and it smells ok for like an hour then it smells bad.

Yeah I can totally understand. You really need to go back to the GP, stand your ground and explain to them what you explained to me. They should really help you on this.
Yeah I can totally understand. You really need to go back to the GP, stand your ground and explain to them what you explained to me. They should really help you on this.

why won’t they take it seriously? if they tested it out and the results were nothing, isn’t that meant to be extremely concerning? every time i go, they say come back if the problem is still occurring. this makes me so so so so so mad!
why won’t they take it seriously? if they tested it out and the results were nothing, isn’t that meant to be extremely concerning? every time i go, they say come back if the problem is still occurring. this makes me so so so so so mad!

Ask them to refer you to a gynaecologist if they can't figure out what's wrong.
Original post by black tea
Ask them to refer you to a gynaecologist if they can't figure out what's wrong.

Aren’t those who work in the sexual health clinic, gynaecologists?
The sexual health clinic aren't qualified gynaecologists you have to go the GP and ask for a referral. They will carry out a series of tests that will be far more in depth to check if it's more than BV, especially if it's been going on for a while. Good luck with everything I hope you get it sorted :smile:
I did! I went to a sexual health clinic because i’m that desperate and they actually had to stick this thing into my hole and went to test it and the results were they “don’t know”. All that pain i endured was for nothing! The lady said she even saw the discharge coming out. How embarrassing!
Original post by cow2000
The sexual health clinic aren't qualified gynaecologists you have to go the GP and ask for a referral. They will carry out a series of tests that will be far more in depth to check if it's more than BV, especially if it's been going on for a while. Good luck with everything I hope you get it sorted :smile:

Okay great, thank you. I really hope I do :biggrin:
Aren’t those who work in the sexual health clinic, gynaecologists?

no, they are not. usually they are nurses and GPs.
no, they are not. usually they are nurses and GPs.

this is embarrassing but they do also help with odour coming out from the bum?
this is embarrassing but they do also help with odour coming out from the bum?

unless it's related, probably not
unless it's related, probably not

oh:frown:
oh:frown:

do you trim or shave down there? that might help.

Quick Reply

Latest