The Student Room Group

Help please I’m stressing out

In my gcse exam I put the battle of Jutland instead of the battle of Marne I still wrote the right thing that happened will I lose marks please help I’m stressing
Yeah but who cares, only 1 mark I imagine. If you put the correct date with some information you’ll get some marks for that. Don’t stress, it’s only History.
Original post by Maximus 190
Yeah but who cares, only 1 mark I imagine. If you put the correct date with some information you’ll get some marks for that. Don’t stress, it’s only History.

Do you reckon I’d just lose a mark for getting the name wrong and not lose all the marks and yeh I know but I want to take it for A level
Original post by Ellajefferson
Do you reckon I’d just lose a mark for getting the name wrong and not lose all the marks and yeh I know but I want to take it for A level

Depends.
If you put, battle of Jutland , 6th September 1914, Germans pushed back to the river Aisne and trench warfare began. Then you would be fine as you are clearly referring to the battle of Marne, if you just put Battle of Jutland, then moved on I doubt you would get a mark.
It doesn’t matter either way, you will only lose a mark or two, and I’m sure you did great in the rest. Also good choice on history a level, not my cup of tea but A-Level history is much better than GCSE as (at least at my sixth form) you focus on a narrow period.
Depends.
If you put, battle of Jutland , 6th September 1914, Germans pushed back to the river Aisne and trench warfare began. Then you would be fine as you are clearly referring to the battle of Marne, if you just put Battle of Jutland, then moved on I doubt you would get a mark.
It doesn’t matter either way, you will only lose a mark or two, and I’m sure you did great in the rest. Also good choice on history a level, not my cup of tea but A-Level history is much better than GCSE as (at least at my sixth form) you focus on a narrow period.

Yeh I put that it was a counter attack and allied forces pushed back Germany and leader falkenhayn ordered them to dig in which resulted in a stalemate or something like that and thanks you’ve made me feel better about it I know it’s only a tiny mistake And yeh history’s difficult but I do actually really like it
Original post by Ellajefferson
Yeh I put that it was a counter attack and allied forces pushed back Germany and leader falkenhayn ordered them to dig in which resulted in a stalemate or something like that and thanks you’ve made me feel better about it I know it’s only a tiny mistake And yeh history’s difficult but I do actually really like it

Yeah, I’ve always hated history just due to the amount of content and the stress associated with it, also because my teacher sucks ass at marking and gives me a 6 when I spent all day revising the topics he told us were on the test. He does that every test, and coincidentally all the girls manage to get like 20% higher than the boys even tho we work harder but I won’t get into that…
Recently though now I’ve gone through all the content, I realise it’s actually very interesting and rewarding. Knowing more about the modern world is very interesting!
But still I’m more of a maths/STEM person, and there’s a bit of a dichotomy between STEM and essay subjects like history and English.
Hope you get the grade(s) you want! Good luck.
Yeah, I’ve always hated history just due to the amount of content and the stress associated with it, also because my teacher sucks ass at marking and gives me a 6 when I spent all day revising the topics he told us were on the test. He does that every test, and coincidentally all the girls manage to get like 20% higher than the boys even tho we work harder but I won’t get into that…
Recently though now I’ve gone through all the content, I realise it’s actually very interesting and rewarding. Knowing more about the modern world is very interesting!
But still I’m more of a maths/STEM person, and there’s a bit of a dichotomy between STEM and essay subjects like history and English.
Hope you get the grade(s) you want! Good luck.

Yeh I find it very interesting as well and I wish I was good a maths I’m absolutely terrible much better at essay based subjects like English and history I’ve also picked phycology for my options but I’m not sure about it amymore

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending