The Student Room Group

GES Assistant Economist Mainstream Scheme

Scroll to see replies

yeah same :smile: very suprised as well haha
Original post by Megank137
Hey! I got an email on Monday saying I passed EAC (so surprised but really happy!) and we would get postings in the next 2 weeks ish. Anyone else in the same boat?
Exciting!! What department are you hoping for?
Original post by hellogeorgia
yeah same :smile: very suprised as well haha
my top favourites are cabinet office or home office but anywhere in London would be cool. I'm really hoping its in London because thats where I'm from! you?
Exciting!! What department are you hoping for?
Sounds good!! Yeah my top preferences were Home Office and DWP, but similar to you I'm just hoping for anywhere in London at the end of the day! Not sure what the regional/london split is like for assistant economists, do you have any idea?
my top favourites are cabinet office or home office but anywhere in London would be cool. I'm really hoping its in London because thats where I'm from! you?
I don't really know but on the form it said it can't guarantee everyone will be in London as theres a lot of vacancies around the country but I'm just hoping there's enough London spaces!! Did your email say you will hear about department allocation in 2 weeks?
Sounds good!! Yeah my top preferences were Home Office and DWP, but similar to you I'm just hoping for anywhere in London at the end of the day! Not sure what the regional/london split is like for assistant economists, do you have any idea?
Congrats! I got an email on Tuesday I passed as well and will find out about posting within few weeks. I think it will likely to be at your 1st or 2nd choice on the application form we had to submit at the start.
Hi! Congratulations :smile: how long after you EAC was this?
My eac was on the Tuesday and I heard back the Monday evening! Hope that helps

Original post by jpcb1234
Hi! Congratulations :smile: how long after you EAC was this?
Reply 28
Has anyone who completed their AC at the end of last week heard back yet? Mine was last Thursday and I still haven't heard from them yet, so I'm a little worried! :s-smilie:
I just got virtually the same email again telling me I was successful. Does this mean another 2 weeks to wait? Anyone else had the same??
Yeah I had the same and was wondering the same thing. I got my original acceptance email 2 weeks ago on monday so thought maybe might hear about department allocations this monday... now not sure
I just got virtually the same email again telling me I was successful. Does this mean another 2 weeks to wait? Anyone else had the same??
Also got the same email today, was expecting to get my posting yesterday. Hoping to not have to wait another two weeks, have emailed asking.
Yeah I had the same and was wondering the same thing. I got my original acceptance email 2 weeks ago on monday so thought maybe might hear about department allocations this monday... now not sure
Ah great I was just about to email them. Please could you let us know when you get a response? :smile:
Original post by blindllama
Also got the same email today, was expecting to get my posting yesterday. Hoping to not have to wait another two weeks, have emailed asking.
Yeah, will do :smile:
Me too!
Just received my email with provisional department allocation to the home office! Hoping it'll be London 🤞
Anyone else still not heard back?
For those with ***Provisional department allocation***. Have any of you been contacted by the Department for further details regarding start date and salary?
Original post by Kbach234
For those with ***Provisional department allocation***. Have any of you been contacted by the Department for further details regarding start date and salary?

No, I haven't yet!!
Me too!

Yay! Congrats 🎉 exciting!
I usually seem to have received GES updates slightly earlier than others on this forum, so I'll update you guys when I hear back. Super excited for this!
No, I haven't yet!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending