The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Economics 7136 - P3 (Economic principles and issues) - 04th June 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beachpanda
Do you need a diagram for the 10-marker? Or is it purely data response? :smile:

no its purely data response
Original post by sabina552
I always get 9-10 marks.I always give a definition for 1 or 2 of the key terms in the question.Then i give a statement 'It is clear that ....'Then i usually back it with data, making comparisons(if i have to) as i go along.I make sure i write 2-3 paragraphs with continues use of data and analysis. then finally i give a value judgement, stating whether i agree with the statement

If you need anymore help, just ask and ill send you a sample of my past paper

Original post by Serbian_2000
Hi, If you can that would be amazing! I would like to see how someone approaches this question because I usually get like 4 marks because I don’t know what i’m doing. So 2-3 paragraphs and using the data mhmm i’m always bad at interpreting data and using it to make valid points in the 10 marker.
Also do you have a 15 marker sample answer? I’m relying on the 10 marker and 15 marker to get me decent marks along with the 30 MCQ in case the 25 marker is too hard or goes bad ;(

Thank you very much!

i am unable to submit it here as its a screenshot, but if you send me your email in inbox, i can send it to you
How does one structure the 10 marker, 15 marker and 25 marker?
Maybe a dumb question but if the 15-marker asks specifically about a Macro topic, is it safe to just talk about Macro even though it's a synoptic paper? And vice-versa?
Is everyone feeling ready for the exam ;(
Feeling ok, not sure what I should be revising though.

Is everyone feeling ready for the exam ;(
Me too ;( i’m having dreams and seeing monopoly regulation and policies, custom unions, and Trade as the likely topics to come up. 😂😂😂 I’m hoping custom unions come up because I revised that now the most lol.

Can development come up coz it was in a past paper so it shouldn’t come up ;(<
If it is just asking for a macro topic (e.g. inflation) then there is no point mentioning a micro point.
Original post by beachpanda
Maybe a dumb question but if the 15-marker asks specifically about a Macro topic, is it safe to just talk about Macro even though it's a synoptic paper? And vice-versa?
How do we structure the 10 marker?
Do we need to use chains of analysis to explain why the data might show something?
E.g. last year's asked 'To what extent, if at all, do the data suggest that the reliance on fossil fuels to produce energy is falling?'
If the data did show that reliance was falling, would we have to suggest why it's falling? And then go into that
(edited 4 years ago)
As far as I know...

- Make a point (supporting or arguing against the question, unless it's telling you to go one way)
- Use the data to demonstrate why - you might need to manipulate the data (percentage change etc)
- Suggest a reason - use theory and/or chains of analysis to suggest why it may happen
- Evaluate - give a reason why this may not be true

Do this three times then make a judgement and and critique the data - link back to the question as ever.
And apparently no diagrams needed for the 10-marker.
Original post by adamdubs
How do we structure the 10 marker?
Do we need to use chains of analysis to explain why the data might show something?
E.g. last year's asked 'To what extent, if at all, do the data suggest that the reliance on fossil fuels to produce energy is falling?'
If the data did show that reliance was falling, would we have to suggest why it's falling? And then go into that
Original post by sabina552
I always get 9-10 marks.I always give a definition for 1 or 2 of the key terms in the question.Then i give a statement 'It is clear that ....'Then i usually back it with data, making comparisons(if i have to) as i go along.I make sure i write 2-3 paragraphs with continues use of data and analysis. then finally i give a value judgement, stating whether i agree with the statement

If you need anymore help, just ask and ill send you a sample of my past paper

Hi,

Could you sent me a 10,15 and 25 marker you completed for a paper 3 so I can see how you structure each question. You can private message me. Thanks you very much !!
Anyone up revising...?
Anyone up revising...?

Doing a cheeky bit of revision
Till what time are you staying up lol i was thinking until 4am and then wake up at 6:30-7am
Till what time are you staying up lol i was thinking until 4am and then wake up at 6:30-7am

Just till one then I gotta head to sleep

I'm revising with my classmates again in the morning
you lot feeling confident for tomorrow?
Original post by JLopes123
you lot feeling confident for tomorrow?

Most definitely
I’m like 20-80 😂😂😂😂😂
not feeling that great for this one loool
even though i think i did alright in the first 2 papers
:frown:
Original post by JLopes123
not feeling that great for this one loool